Flu Remedies

Beast

ouuuu... i feel ur pain. i always have a problem with sinuses.

drink soup. chicken soup if ur not vegetarian. and drink ginger tea. u can find it in any good chinese store. take hot showers. what else helps... remember to eat ur meds on time. and rest up. ur not helpin urself if ur a nut like me and keep stressin out while ur sick.

Adrak(ginger) dee chah does the trick, also make it the desi way,crush the ginger, and when its boiling smell the aroma. The Steam is quite helpful providing u dont drop anything slimy in ur chah patila :roll: while u are taking all the steam in.

Well the Beast did roam the streets of London, until he had to go to Accident & Emergency!!! *SNIFF*

Turns out I had a severe middle ear infection....I was in PAIN!!! I may complain against the NHS because there were no nurses to mother me back to health

General advice...

For persistant/painful/dry coughs, rich dark chocolate (not the cheap stuff...go for Lindt, Godiva, Amedei, Michel Cluizel, Venchi, Green and Black, etc). This kinda chocolate is more effective at soothing and inhibiting coughs than regular cough syrup. If you wish to take cough syrup (goodness knows why), then go for one that has a high glycerine content.

For flu symptoms:

a) 1/2 inch of raw haldi root (failing that use 1/2 teaspoon haldi powder)

B) 1/2 inch of raw ginger root (failing that use 1/2 teaspoon dry ginger powder)

c) 1/2 glass full fat milk

d) 1/2 teaspoon vegetable ghee (solid)

Mix all, microwave (or heat) till simmering. Stir, allow to cool for 1 min. Add 1 teaspoon raw honey (with honeycomb) and mix well. Strain using muslin/tea-strainer to produce a smooth liquid).Sip slowly. For best results, take 1/2 hour before eating your meal. Avoid taking this more than twice a day as you will end up with the sh!ts and a nosebleed.

Before sleeping, have 2 tablespoons of good quality Cognac (...expensive brandy). Some people also advocate rubbing Brandy/Whisky on the chest before sleeping (1-2 teaspoons but others would consider this a waste of good alcohol.

Stay warm, keep the head, ankles and wrists covered...

Increase your intake of water, dark green vegetables, nuts (walnuts, brazil nuts and almonds are best), oily fish (if ur a meat eater), and citrus fruits (avoid vitamin supplements as nothing can replace fresh food!!)

If symptoms persist, cut down on the heavy petting, diary products (as they increase phlem), and visit a qualified doc/GP...you may have some weirdo Asian Bird Flu.

dunno about deg and booze. I think they weaken ur immune system even more so the flu lasts longer. obviously my mate told me this, i wudn't know from personal experience or nething!