God Is Everywhere

For over twenty years, Guru Nanak had been on travels. He had visited all parts of India. He had been to east as far as Assam and Burma. To the South he had gone as far as Ceylon. To the north he had gone even to places outside India Crossing the Himalayas, he had visited Tibet and China. He had travelled on foot. What a tireless traveller he was!

He had travelled so long and so far, but he was not yet satisfied. He now decided to go towards the west. His aim was to visit Muslim countries. He wanted to visit also, the Museum mosques in those countries.

He chose Mecca as the first such place to visit. Mecca is in Arabia. It contains the most sacred Muslim mosque that Muslim mosque is called the Kaaba or the house of God. A visit to Mecca by a Muslim is called haj. A Muslim visitor to Mecca is called a haji. Guru Nanak decided to go on haj.

He put on the blue dress, worn by hajis. He took a fakir's staff, or stick in his hand. Hajis carry under their arms their sacred Book, the Quran. In place of that, the Guru carried a book of his sacred songs or hymns. Like the hajis, he had with him a lota or jug. He also carried a mat like the hajis. Dressed thus, he looked like a typical haji. All along, he acted in every way as hajis did. Bhai Mardana was with him. He, too, was dressed as a haji.

Boarding a ship at Surat, he reached the Arabian coast. From there, he walked on food. He reached Mecca in due coarse.

By the time he arrived in Mecca, he was very tired. His feet were sore. He needed rest. So he lay down to rest himself. He knew quite well that no Muslim would lie with his feet towards the Kaaba. But he wanted to draw the attention of the hajis, so that he could teach them his wisdom.

So, he lay down with his feet towards the Kaaba. All who say him lying thus, began to shout and cry in anger. They gathered around him. They shouted at him. They threatened him. One of them was more angry than the others. His name was Jiwan. He kicked the Guru and said, "Who are you? Why do you lie with your feet towards the house of God?"

The Guru did not show any anger. Infact, he was never angry with anybody. He smiled at Jiwan. In a calm, sweet voice he said to him, "Brother, don't be angry. I am very tired. I need rest. I respect the House of God as much as any one. Please turn my feet in a direction in which God or the House of God is not."

Jiwan took hold of the Guru's feet. He dragged them in the opposite direction. Then he lifted his eyes. He saw the Kaaba standing in the direction of the Guru's feet. He turned the Guru's feet in another direction. The Kaaba was seen standing in that direction. Jiwan dragged the Guru's feet to this side and that. He dragged, them round and round. The Kaaba was seen to be going round and round. It was always, in the direction of the Guru's feet. His feet were always towards the Kaaba.

Jiwan and the other hajis were all filled with wonder. Jiwan let go of the Guru's feet. The Guru got up and said, "Don't you see that God's House is in every direction? I tell you he dwells in every place, in every heart. He is in your hearts. He is also in mine."

In the morning, a number of learned hajis gathered around the Guru. They held religious discussions with him. He satisfied every one of them. He explained the three golden rules of life and religion. They listened to him with utmost attention. They agreed to live and act as advised by him. One of them said to the Guru, "Holy Sir, give me something which will always remind me of you." The Guru gave him his pair of sandals. They were respectfully kept in the Kaaba for some time. That Muslim fakir then returned to India. He bought the sandals with him. He kept them in his temple at Uch in Bahawalpur, now in Pakistan.

NewMUS.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IF SOMEONE HAD A GUN HELD IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE AND ASKED YOU IF YOU BELIEVED IN GOD, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

SAY NO AND FEEL ASHAMED THE REST OF YOUR LIFE? OR SAY YES, I DO, AND DIE STANDING UP FOR GOD?

If you would say no, ignore THIS message , NOW. IF YOU WOULD SAY YES,

AND STAND UP FOR GOD, PLEASE READ THIS AND PASS ON.

Note: This is a true article that was printed in a southern newspaper less then a year ago

TAKE A DEEP BREATH BEFORE READING THIS

There was an atheist couple who had a child. The couple never told their daughter anything about the Lord. One night when the little girl was 5 years old, the parents fought with each other and the dad shot the Mom, right in front of the child. Then, the dad shot himself. The little girl watched it all. She then was sent to a foster home. The foster mother was a Christian and took the child to church. On the first day of Sunday School, the foster mother told the teacher that the girl had never hear d of God, and to have patience with her. The teacher held up a picture of God and said, "Does anyone know who this is?" The little girl said, "I do, that's the man who was holding me the night my parents died."

If you believe this little girl is telling the truth that even though she had never heard of God, he still held her the night her parents died, then you will forward this to as many people as you can.

Or you can delete it as if it never touched your heart.

Funny, isn't it?

Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell.

Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.

Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to believe, think, say, or do anything the Bible says. (Or is it scary?)

Funny how someone can say "I believe in God" but still follow Satan (who, by the way, also "believes" in God).

Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through message and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.

Funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely through cyberspace, but the public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.

Funny how when you go to forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it to them.

Funny how we can go to church for Christ on Sunday, but be an invisible Christian the rest of the week. (Are you laughing?)

Funny how I can be more worried about what other people think of me than what God thinks of me. (Are you thinking ?)

Pass this on only if you mean it.

Yes, I do Love God!

I keep and getting comments from muslims, telling me he was a muslim because only a muslim can go to mecca to perform haj etc.. and there's a seperate road for kaffir's.......

otherwise all this contradicts to guru ji's teachings

can someone please clear my doubts, thankz

all i can tell you is that ignore them, don't get caught in the doubts and the arguements. If one believes Guru Nanak is a muslim then let him. Good for him, Truth does not change by simply believing in something. It remains Truth. Maybe for him it will change him for the better if he follows Guru nanaks Teaching.

It is like saying Jesus was Black, have you noticed in africa jesus's skin tone is much darker than say in the west. Was he black, no ofcourse not, was he caucasion, no ofcourse not, he was brown because being born in the middle east the skin tone is brown not white or black. Saying Guru Nanak was muslim is no different than saying he has a black skin tone. It does not can not change his message. Guru Nanak was not only born for sikhs he was born for Humanity. He didn't see a muslim, hindu he saw man. The truth was spoken by the 5th Nanak that he is neither hindu or muslim. If the 1st Nanak was Muslim, then the 5th Nanak would not have denounced the Religion of the 1st Master as they are 1 Joat.

I have learned few things about Guru Nanak that whereever he visited he took the environment he was in and adapted to it, he mixed in with the people. If he was with Jogies, he would talk about hinduism, the way of patanjali, if he was with muslims he would talk about mohammed, or the Koran. Therefore my question to the muslims is that what method was there for the guards or the other officials to distinguish if Guru Nanak was really muslim. If simply because he spoke of the Koran and Mohammed made him muslim, the the obvious is that Guru ji did speak about mohammed and the Koran but he also spoke about Hinduism. Is that enought to say he was muslim because he was talking of Muhammed and the koran. For hindus Guru ji seemed hindu and for Muslims Guru ji seemed Muslim. They are both wrong, Guru ji was neither.