Nihangs

From another forum thought it might be appropriate

WAHEGURU JE KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JE KE FATEH

i dont think we need to care about this silly challenge, call it a challenge if u want but i prefer to see it as a hunkaar contest! sikh on sikh violence, thats all we need!!! Forget his little chalenges, why is he doing nindya of sants, shaheeds???, i spoke to an akali nihang singh jee in india while i was there. He agrees with chatkha and paang though he has never consumed it but when he heard about the nindya of akj etc he flew in to quite a rage!! he said " a nihang is he who has no humnkaar, he doesnt een think to do nindya he only asks for the worlds chardikala" here we have mr nidar with his chalenging to show he is great and cussing akj etc, I know plenty of pure nihang singh jee's who are very close with akhand keertanee jatha, look"NIHANGS" of uk stop making more deviions and stop being childish, come togther under the fold of GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE MAHARAJ!!!!!!!

DEG TEG FATEH!!!!!!

WAHEGURU JE KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JE KE FATEH

My image of Nihangs used to be one of chardi kalal - they were the fighters in the panth

and seeing them in bana and that glow on their faces made me want to be like them

Howveer, certain people in uk - have ruined that image

they go around saying they are 'NiHANGS' like they want the image of being a warrior but they still cuss others- still think they are superior, still abuse bibia, creating divisons etc etc

the Nangs in UK are spoiling it all

share what Nihangs have done for the panth but do it in a non-egotistical way

don't be the minority that ruin it for the majority

and surely the panth comes first before any jatha bandi??????????????

Wow, i see this singh likes copying and pasting from akj.org

Some1 told me that, i dont go there, honest.

he stated that his article was from another forum, so please get snappy

welcome to the forum mrsinghkhalsa :D

All i said was he like cpying and pasting,

i did not mention if it was wrong or not.

you want me to get snappy??? (lol),

please read full thread at akj.org shaster Vidiya sections.

Opps, sending people away from this forum, is that against the rules??

lol no it aint against the rules

i aint read thru the akj site much - ill go thru it when me exams are all over

just dont wanna have friction between poeple on the boards :D - u know how easy people start to argue over the net :P:P

Entertaining posting....

..as yet Uptej Singh (the head of the Gatkhabaj amongst the AKJ) has still not answered the challange, and we still await to discover how the website (www.shastarvidiya.org) is apparently "insulting" the "sants" and "shaheeds" of the "sikh panth".

Where is the ego in challanging someone to better the maryada for the good of the Khalsa?

Were it left up to Uptej Singh and his crew, the martial arts of the Khalsa would dissolve into cutting bananas and melons under strobe lights and play-fighting with blindfolds.

Ironic how this posting above speaks of dividing the Sikh faith yet the AKJ remain ALONE on their stance with regard to:

a) being anti-Raagmala,

B) compulsory keski for women,

c) compulsory "naam drirh" (which incidentally arises from Radasoami influence)

d) puritanical fanatic compulsory vegetarianism,

e) what can only be described as "pakhand" Kirtan (devoid of Raags)

f) brahminical use of Sarbloh (amongst the self-proclaimed "bebeki" AKJ)

g) their endless renditions of Bhai Randhir Singh's texts which are equivalent to the Christian 10 commandments.

They also reveal through their actions a complete LACK of knowledge with regard to:

a) Gurmat Sangeet (knowledge of Raags and musical meters)

B) Shastar Vidiya (knowledge of combat arts)

c) Ayurveda (knowledge of medicine)

d) Santhia (correct learning of Scriptures)

e) Katha (expounding scriptures and historical texts)

f) Ithihaas (historical study)

...yet profess to be the true "Khalsa". If anyone can prove this to be untrue, please, enlighten us (either here or on the pro-AKJ forums...assuming this forum is not pro-AKJ).

As revealed on www.shastarvidiya.org, Bhai Randhir Singh for example claims that the word "Chatka" does not exist within any historical or scriptural texts (and claims to have read them). Yet, anyone who spends any time reading Dasam Guru Durbar (for example) will encounter the word "Chatka" countless number of times. This same individual claimed that Treh Charittar was not part of Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh ji's gurbaani, yet, this same individual did not realise (or refused to accept) that the Chaupee Sahib which he himself read on a regular basis is the CONCLUSION to the Treh Charittar.

Now, we ask ourselves, who is incorrect? Dasam Guru Durbar? or Bhai Randhir Singh?

If Bhai Randhir Singh is wrong (AKJ hold yer breath), then, does it not follow that he may not be correct on other accounts?

...but to the AKJ, this would be unthinkable and is considered as "insulting" a "sant".

Does one forsake the truth just to avoid denting the reputation of an indvidiual who is worshiped by the AKJ?

Dasam Guru Durbar is just ONE text of many. Prachin Panth Prakash for example, is a complete textbook on Akali Nihang history and you cannot escape from Chatka and Sukka.

Stay tuned to www.shastarvidiya.org as there is much more to come.

hmm..very interesting points thankyou

Ironic how this posting above speaks of dividing the Sikh faith yet the AKJ remain ALONE on their stance with regard to:

a) being anti-Raagmala,

B) compulsory keski for women,

c) compulsory "naam drirh" (which incidentally arises from Radasoami influence)

d) puritanical fanatic compulsory vegetarianism,

e) what can only be described as "pakhand" Kirtan (devoid of Raags)

f) brahminical use of Sarbloh (amongst the self-proclaimed "bebeki" AKJ)

g) their endless renditions of Bhai Randhir Singh's texts which are equivalent to the Christian 10 commandments.

They also reveal through their actions a complete LACK of knowledge with regard to:

a) Gurmat Sangeet (knowledge of Raags and musical meters)

B) Shastar Vidiya (knowledge of combat arts)

c) Ayurveda (knowledge of medicine)

d) Santhia (correct learning of Scriptures)

e) Katha (expounding scriptures and historical texts)

f) Ithihaas (historical study)

i agree with narsingha on his points there

"Were it left up to Uptej Singh and his crew, the martial arts of the Khalsa would dissolve into cutting bananas and melons under strobe lights and play-fighting with blindfolds" lol thats funny :P:LOL: :shock:

this forum is pro sikhi - and are on neutral ground

In england, america, India???

i want to do some magic.... (only joking), sound really interesting.

(does the book have an ISBN...) :)

Guess not.....

Do i have to go to the nirmalas to get them?, has anyone got a copy? if So, do some seva for the panth and pass a SIkh Brother a Copy, (photocopy it and send me the original).

The book belongs to the panth. :)

so hand it over....

Sorry on a high, did ragra tonight,.

why u lot being so harsh to akj?

a) being anti-Raagmala - many others are also anti ragmalla. i myself are not but at a time ragmalla wasnt even at akal takht. im not sure if it even is today. some say after released from jail bhai sahib did believe in ragmalla

B) compolsory keski for women, - THATS A GOOD THING - go to india and see how many keskied ladies you see - singhnees are meant to wear keski. bhindranwale tried to convince his wife to wear but she wouldnt. gurbuchan singh bhindranwales family all did.

"c) compulsory "naam drirh" (which incidentally arises from Radasoami influence)" - please explain the radhswami influence in it. i find it very beautiful

"d) puritanical fanatic compulsory vegetarianism," inline with hukamnamas from guru arjun, guru hargobind, rahit (which includes the maryada of damdami taksal, sarbat khalsa, even some nihung jathas) and even a hukamnama from banda singh bahudur?

e) what can only be described as "pakhand" Kirtan (devoid of Raags) - if you dont see the beauty in akj keertan, then you indeed are devoid of any kind of love for waheguru!

f) brahminical use of Sarbloh (amongst the self-proclaimed "bebeki" AKJ) - ironically nihungs and taksal also practise sarbloh bibeki.

g) their endless renditions of Bhai Randhir Singh's texts which are equivalent to the Christian 10 commandments. - stop quoting off baba santa singh and other nihungs then. you would be stupid to not admit bhai randhir singh was an extremely spritual gurmukh.

a) Gurmat Sangeet (knowledge of Raags and musical meters) - im no akj expert but they do use raags sometimes im sure

B) Shastar Vidiya (knowledge of combat arts) - well nihungs have a monopoly on that what do u expect?

c) Ayurveda (knowledge of medicine) - LOL! and your saying all nihungs and all other jathebandis are all well versed in that?

d) Santhia (correct learning of Scriptures) - how?

e) Katha (expounding scriptures and historical texts) - how?

f) Ithihaas (historical study)- how?

Just going back to Nidar Singhs challenge...........

In china different Martial art schools are allways challenging each other, also in the Missl. period of sikhi, the different Missls were always having pungey with each other.

If fighters dont challenge each other, and fight each other, then how will they get better? Theres no push for them to get better........challenges are good.