Young Sikhs Birmingham Meeting

panthic

Young Sikhs Birmingham

A Humble Request To ALL Young Sikhs In Birmingham

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!!

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Guru Roop Khalsa Ji the General Meeting of “Young Sikhs†Birmingham will be held at Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethwick (High Street, Smethwick), on Saturday 29th January 2005 at 7.30pm in the Tea Hall (Hall no: 1).

Issues:

· Self determination for the Sikh Nation (Khalistan)

· Establishment of State funded Sikh schools

· India’s Hidden Genocide - Campaign for Truth & Justice

· Promotion of the Sikh identity & the Panjabi language

Forthcoming YOUNG SIKHS/PANTHIC Programs

Young Sikhs works for the Chardi Kala and Unity of The Khalsa Panth. This is an important meeting in which issues regarding the Panth will be discussed, Issues discussed in this Meeting are issues that affect the Panth and every Sikh and Not Just one single organisation, anyone willing to join the federation is requested to come to the meeting.

Refreshments Will Be Available After The Meeting.

• 2 weeks later...

Chardi Kala ...first thing on the list Khalistan

Not teaching Gurmukhi first, or naam baani, or simran, or deeper sikh history.

Panthic you sure you got your priorities right?

Shouldnt we be teaching our bachai about basic gursikhi first, before thrusting political view points upon them?

This meeting isn't really panthic at all is it?

It's a recruitment camp, to recruit people who will carry on a certain political viewpoint.

Chalo...

Look at the tamasha Vaheguru Ji.... No Gursikhi, no love... just khalistan, khalistan, khalistan.

Vah ji Vah!

Chardi Kala ...first thing on the list Khalistan

Not teaching Gurmukhi first, or naam baani, or simran, or deeper sikh history.

Panthic you sure you got your priorities right?

Shouldnt we be teaching our bachai about basic gursikhi first, before thrusting political view points upon them?

This meeting isn't really panthic at all is it?

It's a recruitment camp, to recruit people who will carry on a certain political viewpoint.

Chalo...

Look at the tamasha Vaheguru Ji.... No Gursikhi, no love... just khalistan, khalistan, khalistan.

Vah ji Vah!

I think thats somewhat harsh. The Sikh Federation (UK) is at least active and do work to promote and educate people about the Sikh identity and current affairs of the wider Sikh nation. I think you have misunderstood the term "Young Sikhs". This is open to people up to their 30's if i remember correctly. Sikh Federation (UK) cannot take on all the responsibilities and issues faced by the Sikhs themselves, so "teaching Gurmukhi" or an in-depth study of "Sikh history" is really not their priority or responsibility. Issues like those are the responsibility largely of the individuals who genuinely wish to learn these. It is not hard to find a Panjabi primer teaching Gurmukhi script and it is not hard to log-on to Amazon.com and order books on Sikh history.

There are other organizations out there who deal with spiritual issues and general education in writing Panjabi etc So, whats the problem if Sikh Federation (UK) prioritizes Khalistan and human rights issues faced by the Sikhs in post-1947 India? Its not like S.F (UK) is the only group out there working on Sikh issues.

Plus, politics are inseparable from spirituality in our religion. They are two halves which make up one whole (Sikhism). Doesnt the Gurbani teach Sikhs to live in the real World rather than to simply seek God in isolation in the jungles, mountains etc? Khalistan and human rights abuses are an issue of the Sikhs. Whether you take an interest in this or not there are still issues of the Sikhs and should be addressed.

You may not agree with Khalistan or whatever but at least the S.F (UK) is making efforts to seek justice for all our brothers and sisters in Punjab who were made "disappeared" by the police. The Indians cannot and will never be able to justify what they had done to Sikhs. It is not over and never will be until that false country breaks apart.

The UN charter on human rights guarantees a people their right to self-determination as a nation. This is a fundamental human right. The Sikh nation was admitted into the UNPO in the early 1990's. Sikhs are recognized as a nation, and have been recognized as a nation in the past by the British, French, Persians, Tibetans, Chinese... Treaties signed by the Sikh nation with the British Empire are available. Under UK law, Sikhs are recognized as an ethnic group under the race-relations act (for preventing discrimination in the work place etc).

Our people took up arms in 1984 to fight to liberate Punjab, our country. By stationing over 70,000 soldiers and granting immunity to police personal from the law to crush Sikh desire for independence by force does not mean that we should give up and sit quietly while foreigners rule our country.

The current situation is described by all those who have studied contempry Punjab as an "uneasy calm" with "under the surface tensions". How can it be that in 1992 almost entire rural population boycotted state elections. Thats millions of people we are talking about here. Were they happy to live a part of India? Clearly not.

Guns may be silent now, but i dont think voices behind closed doors are. Odd thing about militancy in Punjab was that it ended so abruptly even K.P.S Gill had to comment on how strange that was. Its not over in my mind. Things do not just end like that, it'll pick up again in one way or another.

Regards,

So Veer Ji you confirmed the fact that this gathering is not really working towards educating young Sikhs about Sikh Dharma but actually to promote a particular political ideaology.

Also in the original post it was not posted clearly that this meeting was organised by the Sikh Federation (UK). But it was advertised as an event which would educate young Sikhs about Dharma. It should be advertised as a solely political meeting without bring the issue of Dharma into it. I don't think young Sikhs should be targetted with poltical ideals before they are taught the basics of Sikh Dharma, but that is just humble das's opinion.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Gurbarakaaal

Challenge everything is spot on..impressionable kids are going to see this flyer (blushes) and assume its about sikhi when its really just about recruiting yet more people to hate other people which in turn is going to make other people (i.e. me) hate them people, which isnt good for any of us..

"Young Sikhs" is a branch, or wing, set up by the Sikh Federation (UK). I dont see where it suggested that it would be a meeting to educate Sikh youth about Sikh dharma, it is advertized as a meeting on Sikh issues, Khalistan and human rights being the main ones.

Like i said, there are other organizations out there which deal with other issues of the Sikhs including spirituality. Sikh Federation (UK) is a political group, so will naturally deal with issues of that nature.

Regards,

Khalsa ji, Politics and Sikhi, we all know there is politics in our Gurdwaras does that mean we will leave them??? and never go Gurdwara Again?

Try Split Politics and Sikhi plz...

Also Split Miri And Piri

Split Sri Harmandir Sahib From Sri Akal Takhat Sahib

Split Malaa From Talvaar

Split Gurbani From Kurbani

Split Shaanti From Karanti

Split Hosh And Josh...

Once u split them, i wont bother with Young Sikhs!

Why is the "Sikh Federation" (which is nothing more than I.S.Y.F rebadged to avoid being deported) utilising the Human Rights issue to promote their cause for Khalistan?

It appears that they consider Human Rights abuse in Punjab/Delhi, etc as directly linked to Khalistan, when they are NOT. According to logic, this would mean that those Sikhs/Punjabis who suffered Human Rights abuse were ALL Khalistanis.

Its downright lame to utilise the tragedy suffered by innocents to promote the cause for Khalistan - which incidentally is nothing more than a bunch of Jatts looking to rule over some more grass.

What will we do about Panth Virodi Agents Hey??? So what if SF (UK) is ISYF or whatever? edited

what are you doing for the Panth? What have you done for the Panth??

At Least SF(UK) are active and get off their backsides to do something, rather thatn slander other Sikh Organisations????

go back into your kennel, people like you will never let Sikhi Prevail.

What will we do about Panth Virodi Agents Hey??? So what if SF (UK) is ISYF or whatever? edited

what are you doing for the Panth? What have you done for the Panth??

At Least SF(UK) are active and get off their backsides to do something, rather thatn slander other Sikh Organisations????

go back into your kennel, people like you will never let Sikhi Prevail.

You're very correct, the S.F. are very 'active' againt 'Panth Virodi Agents' (damn you guys are great at inventing new terms!!).

Lets....eermmm...have another riot or..*ponders*..perhaps threaten a woman and her family...or...eerm..lets see now...we could always ban bhangra and dancing...?

Mod's Note: Stop the pointless bickering. That goes for everyone squabbling in this thread.

Why is the "Sikh Federation" (which is nothing more than I.S.Y.F rebadged to avoid being deported) utilising the Human Rights issue to promote their cause for Khalistan?

pretty dumb statement. its quite obvious why. they believe that if there was a khalistan then it would lead to a cessation of certain abuses, namely the abuses perpetuated by the indian security apparatus against sikhs for merely being sikhs.

this Topic was for the Meeting Of Young Sikhs, At Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethwick Birmingham tomorrow ( Sat 29th Jan 2005) at 7.30pm in Hall No.1. nothing to do with ISYF, so if you wish to speak on the topic please do so, if you have such a bad problem with it discuss it at the meeting.

Any issue anyone wants to raise will be ok, and answers will be given.

pretty dumb statement. its quite obvious why. they believe that if there was a khalistan then it would lead to a cessation of certain abuses, namely the abuses perpetuated by the indian security apparatus against sikhs for merely being sikhs.

Human Rights and Khalistan are 2 separate issues. If not, then by analogy, you are suggesting that ONLY pro-Khalistanis experienced Human Rights abuse at the hands of the GOI, which is a lot of rubbish.

The point being made is that groups such as the "S.F" are hijacking the Human Rights issue (which extends to Dalits, Kashmiris, Tamils, etc) into one that promotes their political agenda.

We are all aware of killings of Hindus and Sikhs (who owned shops that sold meat and/or alchohol, ran newspapers, nihangs, singers, even udasis, etc) by so-called 'Kharkoos' in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Were these people agents of the GOI too?

What guarantee is there that Human Rights violations will not occur under a "Khalistan"? Mainstream Sikhi already sees Jathedars being sacked on a weekly basis, honour killings of family members by politicians, corruption, etc. - and this is occuring without the full freedom that the 'Khalistanis' desire.

Reality check. Modern politically-motivated Sikhs cant even get along in Gurdwaras, turning it into a pind-against-pind fight - let alone run a soveriegn state. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

(To the 'moderator', sometimes sarcasm needs to be utilised to put things into perspective.)

Anyway, good luck for the meeting.

my two cents worth:

The mish mashing of Khallistan and Human rights violations will always be the reason why no one will evr take what happened as a serious human rights violation!

And further more for what its worth, Khalistan and the concept will pollute this community ever more.

The evnts of 84 were the severist mistakes made by the 'sikhs' concerned that I can recall from a common sense point of view.

A similar incident happened in Iran not long ago between suni s and shia muslims. The result the same. I wonder how many sikhs would of viewed that scenario the same???

yeah waeva, thing is your probably in that list, theres nothing you can do from stopping SF or any other Panthic Org from doing its seva, your probs just jealous, anti-SF, anti Khalistan, Agent of the GOI, or just bored and wasting my time, or just trying your best so that the meeting don't go ahead, well MANY HAVE FAILED!!! JOIN THE LIST ;)