Young Sikhs Birmingham Meeting

panthic

how does one end up as an Agent of GOI? Does one become one simply by opposing the creation of a Khalistani state?

My my my, it seems that many that posted here could have really been trying to their best to have the meeting cancelled! What courage you had panthic, to remain resolute in the face of such enormous pressure!

Vah Ji Vah!

Human Rights and Khalistan are 2 separate issues. If not, then by analogy, you are suggesting that ONLY pro-Khalistanis experienced Human Rights abuse at the hands of the GOI, which is a lot of rubbish.

what planet are you living on? the two don't have to be mutually exclusive events. Try drawing a venn diagram and u will see what i mean. it is pretty basic maths.

ur above analoogy is like saying: Certain people who eat too many sweets get fat. Hence all fat people eat sweets?

is this true? maybe they eat chips? i know crap example but just trying to show how lame your argument is.

how does saying that some people became khalistanis in RESPONSE to persecution (hence a human rights issue for them) mean that only pro-khalistanis experienced it. Of course many people are persecuted in India, not just pro-khalistani sikhs; but it is a VALID argument to say the two are linked in certain instances. When people are abused to such an extent that there lives aren't worth living chances are they will pick up a gun and fight there oppressors. And it wasn't just the GOI that carried out the abuses, many parties were involved, and yes including some khalistani groups themselves! they also including some nihungs who went on murder sprees throughout Punjab (phoola and his hencmen like Bijla spring to mind).

The point being made is that groups such as the "S.F" are hijacking the Human Rights issue (which extends to Dalits, Kashmiris, Tamils, etc) into one that promotes their political agenda.

maybe, but i think it is a semi valid point for them to use human rights abuses. if they believe that by destroying the indian regimes hold in punjab they can improve human rights i think it is valid.

We are all aware of killings of Hindus and Sikhs (who owned shops that sold meat and/or alchohol, ran newspapers, nihangs, singers, even udasis, etc) by so-called 'Kharkoos' in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Were these people agents of the GOI too?

I condemn the khalistanis who carried out this sort of activity. they are a discredit and should be punished accordingly if they murder innocent civilians. on the same hand i condemn the nihungs who carried out similar activities and terrorised punjabi villages and went round raping young girls etc etc.

What guarantee is there that Human Rights violations will not occur under a "Khalistan"? Mainstream Sikhi already sees Jathedars being sacked on a weekly basis, honour killings of family members by politicians, corruption, etc. - and this is occuring without the full freedom that the 'Khalistanis' desire.

there is no guarantee. however sikhs will not be murdered just for being sikh. other abuses may still carry on, maybe they will get worse, hopefully they will become less. also u talk of criminal activity like honour killings etc. of course they will continue and should be dealt with by the courts accordingly, like they are now. the only difference is that mass murderers like sajjan kumar would not have immunity from prosecution like under the current indian justice system.

Reality check. Modern politically-motivated Sikhs cant even get along in Gurdwaras, turning it into a pind-against-pind fight - let alone run a soveriegn state. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

so whats the solution. lets keep all sikhs as a sub class of humanity? why not ban them from voting, taking ne positions of responsibility etc. how can u jump from the fact that some people argue and fight to the fact that people cannot govern themselves? ur conclusions are invalid. if a sikh can be the president of india and we have many other educated persons i see no reason why sikhs cannot govern themselves. it is the half educated hater attitude displayed on threads like this which leads to violence and arguments.

Anyway, good luck for the meeting.

i am sure the organisers will be honoured to have ur blessings and the much needed moral support it will bring them.

The mish mashing of Khallistan and Human rights violations will always be the reason why no one will evr take what happened as a serious human rights violation!

i think you do have a valid point here. when organisations that some people view as terrorist campaign on human rights grounds they will be viewed with scepticism. however i don't see many other jathabandis etc doing much about it. other than having the 'my crew is better than yours' attitude have any ither jathabandis done didly squat other than turn a blind eye and let the murders continue. maybe its about time some non militant organisations did start highlighting the crimes of the indian Govt. or maybe it just furthers there own selfish interests to carp on about the minority of khalistaanis who carried out abuses all day and ignore all the other groups carrying out terrorism (GOI, certain nihungs, RSS etc etc)

And further more for what its worth, Khalistan and the concept will pollute this community ever more.

ur probably right again

The evnts of 84 were the severist mistakes made by the 'sikhs' concerned that I can recall from a common sense point of view.

please extrapolate on this statement. what was the mistake. that SOME people decided to take up arms when they saw fellow sikhs being picked up, tortured for days on end and finally murdered, all just because they came from a village where there was khalistani activity.

yeah look how great we are, we got Panthic Jathebanis who get off their ass and do, do something, then we have these so called "Sikhs", who instead of providing support and gettin involved themselves slander those Jathebandian who do do something!!!

Makes me sick, this is why we lost out before and we'll keep losing out again!! i dunno what your problem is Khalsa Ji's but if you have a Better solution without needing Khalistan and still achieve our full resolutions... then lead the way, dont sit on your ass behind a screen slandering Sikh Jathebandi's by posting STUPID posts on forums, if you call yourself a Sikh and have such a big problem, i'm sure we can over come it at the meeting, which your probably too scacred to come to anyway.