AAARGH!!!

Sukhi

alright, i know you guys are gonna ask me why i bother, but tha's besides the point.

one of the MOST annoying things i have EVER seen on the net in terms of forums is the way SOME forums kick out people who present a different view or lead others to think about certain issues a little differently.

now, i know that i'm typically annoying and argumentative and all, BUT i never insult people and most of what i say is limited to the stuff that i know. and MOST of the time, i'm just trying to make an effort to learn more about Sikhi.

so, i re-joined a certain "Sikhi" forum in the hopes that things had changed there since i had left after a massive heated debate on whether Hindus should be respected or not and that i would be able to discuss my ideas with others peacefully and intelligently (tha's a toughy for me, i know).

the thread i decided to take a look at first was on a certain Hindu "deity" of sorts and i had put up an argument along the likes of "it's important to educate yourself in all possible ways to truly grasp the meaning of Gurbani since it's multi-faceted like the L'Oreal hair colouring system claims to be".

and the next thing i knew... i was KICKED OFF THE DAMN FORUM!

ACK!

WHY are people soooooo narrow-minded?! i put up a couple of things supporting educating oneself merely to propagate understanding of Gurbani and i was immediately seen as a threat and removed faster than you can say "heresy"!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

why in the world are people sooooooooooooooooo... ugh... forget it... i'm just pissed cuz on SA we can talk about how women aren't men's equals but i can't be allowed to express my views that MIGHT have been interesting in other forums.

the saddest thing is that these people claim to be true Sikhs. if they were so true, then they should've had no problem with letting me absorb what they had to offer. if they were so true, then they might've seen that i was no threat and even IF i was a threat, they should've been able to handle me rather well, since so many of them are "true" to their faith.

ugh... i'm utterly disgusted.

that's sikhsangat for you most of the time... it was a REALLY wicked site for a long time.. but it's all about fitting ideology onw.. i dunno if that's the site you'er referring to, but i only post in the fun section on that site now, cuz the whole "think like me or die" kinda turned me off

Monkey, dun bug me! lol... mebbe it's cuz i'm a woman and i actually dare to speak my mind and act like i'm equal in society. (gasp!) how dare i?! i should be whipped for thinkin such things...

jsb... shhhh... ur not supposed to name my nemesis. lol... yeah, i wasn't exactly turned on by the "think like me or die" ideology either, but i was hoping it had changed. and it hadn't. oh well.

i'm still racking my brain tryin to figure out why they'd kick me out. no doubt that they thought of me as a threat. but i'm not sure if it was cuz i propagated education (gasp!) or cuz they thought i was some hindu-nutcase trying to convert the precious few Amritdhari gems of the interweb world (hahaha!).

as long as these idiots keep to themselves its all good.

Its like that sakhi where Guru Nanak Dev Ji visited two villages; the people from the 'nice' village dispersed wheras the other village (full of vile people) remained intact. When asked why this was desirable Guru Nanak responded that the good people from the first village would disperse and take with them their good qualities to share with their new neighbours. The vile people would stick to themselves and would not come into contact with others.

I check out sikhsangat now and again for anything interesting (lol, basically anything about Nidar Singh!!!), but other than that, I leave them to their own devices.

a

s

the thread i decided to take a look at first was on a certain Hindu "deity" of sorts and i had put up an argument along the likes of "it's important to educate yourself in all possible ways to truly grasp the meaning of Gurbani since it's multi-faceted like the L'Oreal hair colouring system claims to be".

and the next thing i knew... i was KICKED OFF THE DAMN FORUM!

ACK!

hahahahahahahahahaha you got me to actually Laugh Out Loud with taht comment... What is your username on that forum and PM me a link to the topic. i'll back you up.........maybe

SikhSangat is cool in it's own way. Some people are sensitive and can't handle some of the nonsense on many unmoderated forums.

I think the only thing they do is keep "controversial" subjects out. Whenever things heat up, they lock the threads. Anyway, it's cool to post there sometimes because it's more laid back and calm.

Sukhi, maybe Sikhsangat just isn't for you.

tha's strange db. as far as i can remember, you were pretty excited in a couple of other threads and put up some very graphic images (*cough*cough*sex*cough*cough*).

beasty that was a nice story. cept i'm not Guru Nanak's protege, as much as you think i'm the greatest in the world.

pheena, dun bother. lol... you were part of the thread and we were arguing the same thing, but to no avail.

mugz, i figured as much... :P only 25 minutes? that must be a record, even for SS....

mr d, i agree that sikhsangat has their own views and ways of goin about things. but as for it bein a laid-back forum, tha's total crap. it has been one of the most controversial forums i have ever been to. and i've been a part of it twice (this being my second time joining it). i have no problems with the fact that the people who are on SS are amritdhari. i know some people who are on it. but the way they (the mods) handle things there leaves much to be desired.

i agree that it's unfair for me to call them un-Sikh for something so silly. so i take that back.

but i do believe that it was very un-Sikh of them to be inconsiderate of different views and opinions. how are we to progress if we don't discuss and debate things? without a proper exchange of ideas, it's difficult not to remain stagnant and it stunts the growth of the panth.

the first time i joined SS, i was very disappointed in the attitudes of some Sikhs (tha's a massive understatement). and what's more, i was disappointed in Sikhi itself for having produced people as such. (it's pretty harsh seeing amritdhari Sikhs who claim to be knowledgable about Sikhi using Gurbani to support terrorist-like beliefs such as holding all Hindus in a low regard etc. etc.)

mind you, my opinions changed about Sikhi because i realized that Sikhi in itself could never produce such hatred and it must've been the product of something else in the lives of those who responded with such harsh words.

i guess part of my shock related to the fact that i'm not one to react well to hatred in any form. my beliefs may be liberal, but when it comes to respecting other faiths and people, i cannot STAND for anyone telling me that it's correct to hate and kill because Gurbani says so or for any other reason unless it's absolutely necessary.

personally, i don't understand how some people can be filled with so much hatred and poison yet call themselves Sikh and say that Gurbani has led them to such epiphanies. how does love lead one to hatred? it's beyond me.

anywho, that was my story...

i cannot STAND for anyone telling me that it's correct to hate and kill because Gurbani says so or for any other reason unless it's absolutely necessary.
where did u read that? sounds like taliban or al qaida!! :shock: :shock: (now someone gonna say "thats what SS is")

personally, i don't understand how some people can be filled with so much hatred and poison yet call themselves Sikh and say that Gurbani has led them to such epiphanies. how does love lead one to hatred?
i agree with u on that one :oops:

yea a lot of times it does happen that certain topics do get locked because they make someone uncomfortable (most cases one of the admins or mods i guess)...so i'd say the best thing to do would be to check out just the stuff thats inspirational and informative (again, the definition of inspirational and informative varies from person to person)

baki if u miss me at SA, then i will start posting more here as well :D ..hehehe (ok that was a joke, juz to cool u off...i know no one can miss me :evil: )

I believe that admins keep the rights to allow or disallow any topics for any reason. Sukhi, you have freedom of choice online where you can find different forums with different tastes. We have been called "N-A-N-G" but in reality I don't even know most of the famous members of our site by face. We are not going to change our rules where youth can talk freely and speak their mind with certain limits which goes to pure harassment and abusive behavior.

So, welcome home sukhi and let’s keep it cool now otherwise administrators at sikhsangat might assume that we are allowing this thread because we dislike them.

I like your unprejudiced nature so keep it up. You can always spend more time on this forum to express freely.

Yea this goes to people who call us "N-A-N-G Awareneess"... i m going to be blunt this time... !

" jithaie Guru Maharaj di sakhiya, mahapursha di sakhiya, naam simran di jugitiya galan/vichar, Gurbani da vichar- different interpertations, Karam-Upashana-Gyan varaie vichar hundaie neh" ataie Sampardhava di gallan huandiya han" and sikh chh diversity di galan huandi neh... uhna nuoo tusi N A NG AWARENESS akhadaie hoo...tuhada dimaag hagaie kai gaa(cow) da gobar aa... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

ahahaa! Mehtab! ur makin me laugh. do i really need to show you where i saw what i described? you were there when i first joined and you were still there this second time.

The Admin Ji, i agree. they have every right to do whatever they think is right. i guess since they suspect me of being an RSS agent, it's under their "jurisdiction" to kick me out cuz... oh iono... they dun want me to pollute the minds of other Sikhs. oh well. i was there to learn. and they didn't like it. end of story, hunna?

and dun worry bout me "expressing" myself. heh heh... i have a lot of things to learn from people on this forum and i intend on doing so for as long as they can stand me. :LOL:

Neo... chillax. if you like, we can call SA Nanaksarawareness. does that make you feel better? :P

I occasionally vist that other forum because i have an ultra hardliner stance on Khalistan and am 100% anti-India. There are others who share my views on this over at that place, but for different reasons i think.

I dont know if i am right in saying this, but the impression i get of that forum is that it is frequented by a much younger crowd. The general posts i read there cant (in my mind) have been written by adults. Average posts there are extremly naive and often stray far from the real picture. Either that or just random one liner posts saying something along the lines of "Waheguru" followed by lots of smiley faces.

I firmly believe in God Almighty and my faith in God i hold higher than my recognition of Guru Nanak or any other person to have walked the Earth. A new visitor to that other forum may also think it is a place of tightly firm believers of God but read a little more into the posts and i am sorry to say that it is not God which is the focuss, rather, it is a mish-mash of Sikh philosophy, history, traditions and politics.

The over use of the word "Waheguru" and mind-numbing comments on how "Sikhi is about love" etc i find disturbing, even suffocating.

Fair enough, everyone is different, but no where have i ever witnessed such a seemingly more cultish environment than that place. I really wonder whether it is God or Sikh heritage that these people have in mind when uttering the word "Waheguru" over and over.

Im sorry, that place just does not appear healthy to me. No normal person (including true believers of religion) behave or use Gods name in the way things are done there.

It is often noted by observers of Sikhs that for the majority, Sikhism is not a religion, rather it is a culture or cultural heritage, and is treated as such. This applies to largely what are dubbed as 'monas' but in my opinion, it equally applies to many of those who appear and claim to be the most religious. A good sample is found over at that other forum.

In my observation and conclusion which i base on individual posts there, a good many of the members are either liars, or, hypocrites.

Never once seen any real debate or individual thought over there. Apparently, it is better to idolize eachother and Sikh martyrs than to live ones own life and pursure ones own individual interests and tastes.

This is the problem is see with things like so-called "AKJ" and "Sanatan Sikhi" or whatever else there is out there preaching to the wider society about how Sikhism is, was or should be. It turns individuals into drones and diverts them away from true belief in God.

I hope i have not offended anyone but if i have, i suspect it is because the truth tastes bitter.

BTW, not that many other Sikh net forums or Sikh societies are any better. The Sikh community as far as i have observed over the past few years is in a state of decay and never ending hypocrisy.

Only when the Sikhs truly return to God and not to ego will we be able to rebuild what our ancestors started.

Rab Rakha,

heya Jahan. that was pretty intermeresting. and i gotta say, yeah, what you say makes plenty of sense.

but...

just because a forum is "frequented" (gotta luv the way you brits talk) by a younger crowd, it doesn't mean that there isn't anything to learn. i know you didn't directly say that, but it seemed to be implied.

granted that some of the people on SS are a lil immature at times, it doesn't mean that there isn't something we can learn from them.

as for people being drones and blah blah blah, i've never lasted long enough either of the times i've been there to be able to comment... but it made for some fun reading. i kept picturing star trek when you were commenting on drones. lol... "resistance is futile!" :shock:

you know, you should never scorn and reject a group of people because you don't agree with everything they say. it sounds much easier than it is to do (trust me) but if you choose to be non-prejudiced about it, you may come away with more than you think. even if it's knowledge that you get from bad experiences. but you're entitled to your own opinions and ideas.

i kept picturing star trek when you were commenting on drones. lol... "resistance is futile!" :shock:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

"We are the borg! You will be assimilated, your biological and technological distingtiveness will be added to our own, your culture will adapt to service us, resistance is futile!"

:oops: - - - a Trekkie!!!!