why is dancing considered bad??

Nectar

N30 Singh wrote:

"everything is allowed in bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag man..everything is allowed in bairaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag..when one gets bairaag , its above maryada, gurmat(hijacked by fanatics), anti-gurmat whatever you want to call it."

Sorry to say but that is nothing but you own Manmat. Nothing, absolutely NOTHING in this universe is above GURMAT. Using you own logic, one might as well say that if man is in ‘bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag’ then he can even rape a women, after all, he is in ‘bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag man’ isn’t he? Some might even argue if one is in ‘bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag man’ then it is even justifiable to murder someone, after all “everything is allowed in bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag man..everything is allowed in bairaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag”

I didn't mean the acual word "Gurmat". Guru di mat iit be always uchi which is mentioned in gurbani but however the people who interperet "gurmat" differently (like can't take food from you because you are mona, act like bhramins, can't sit listen to ragmalla because its kachi bani, can't matha taik to pad-ched , can't think outside the box and smell the diversity because they are too fanatic.....i m talkin about those people who think they follow "gurmat" by doing these things.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pheena wrote:

"Can you dance without Music?"

Sure as long as you are admitted into a Pagal Khana, you can dance without music, talk to the walls, see imaginary friends, and even believe in mumbo jumbo like flying monkeys and pigs.

Pheena wrote:

"The Cosmic Rythm provides the ground for us to Dance. Blame God for creating such a Rythm."

So does that mean that stripers and mujrawalis are just dancing to Gods Rythem? Wow, never heard of such an interpretation of Kanjar Naach.

Using you own logic, one might as well say that if man is in ‘bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag’ then he can even rape a women, after all, he is in ‘bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag man’ isn’t he? Some might even argue if one is in ‘bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag man’ then it is even justifiable to murder someone, after all “everything is allowed in bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag man..everything is allowed in bairaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag”

man are you on crack?? When i mean everything...its your agyani buddhi that makes you think that i mean everything including paap.

tera dimaag kharab aa yaar..dimaag check kar la tuoo. ! :evil: :evil:

N30 Singh wrote:

""like can't take food from you because you are mona, act like bhramins, can't sit listen to ragmalla because its kachi bani, can't matha taik to pad-ched , can't think outside the box and smell the diversity because i m too fanatic.....i m talkin about those people who think they follow "gurmat" by doing these things."

Dont know about the other stuff, but when I went to Sri Hazur Sahib, I met Akali Nihangs there, who kept Babek so strictly, that they would not even allow me in their kitchen. While talking to them, they told me that they do not eat from Monas, or even non-Babekis Sikhs! These are Nihangs from a Gurdwara built by Akali Nihang Baba Mitt Singh jee. They have a separate langar for Babekis and non-Babekis. So are you also calling them Brahmans N30 Singh Jee because of their strict observance of Babek? I have even met AKJ and Taksali Babekis in my lifetime. Are they all Brahmans because they don’t fit into your narrow minded (yet Manmat) version of what constitutes a Sikh?

people, who discriminate against others(*make other's feel hurt* (thats a main key).make others feel hurt by their practices follows bhramin ideology..end of the story be it nihang, akj, taksali..now you stick to the topic.

Pheena wrote:

"Can you dance without Music?"

Sure as long as you are admitted into a Pagal Khana, you can dance without music, talk to the walls, see imaginary friends, and even believe in mumbo jumbo like flying monkeys and pigs.

Pheena wrote:

"The Cosmic Rythm provides the ground for us to Dance. Blame God for creating such a Rythm."

So does that mean that stripers and mujrawalis are just dancing to Gods Rythem? Wow, never heard of such an interpretation of Kanjar Naach.

You had missed my point in the first quote you quoted, then surely you have missed it in the second. Instead of asking me to further explain what i meant by which this ego has written, you mock it. Be it as you desire to discuss this Topic.

It is truely sad to see you cannot even grasp or take time to contemplate on what i am trying to say. Perhaps i lack the ability to express myself, even then it seems you cannot for a minute throw down you walls and look at what i've written with the eyes of nondiscrimination.

Nowhere did i talk about Strippers, I simply expressed my view on the Word "Dance". It just goes to show that Dance to you is nothing more than a Lustfull Act of Seduction thru Sexuality.

Since you have misundestood my last line, i will correct you the way you have misunderstood it. The Rythem that God provieds is the Rythm of your Heart, On which everyone of us Dance. People Sin in that Rythem, People Worship in that Rythem, People Love others int hat Rythem, They Hate in that Rythm. Is it not he who gives us the rythm of our breath on which we do Good/Bad things??

The Last sentence you quote is a product of wha ti have written before, which speak of the universe that is Dancing on the Rythm provided by teh creator himself. Do not be so quick to conclude on the words of another. Not everyone sees the world thru 'your' eyes, It is a matter of perception. Your perceptin allows you to see just what you do see.

May god bless you with Nothing but Love

N30 Singh wrote:

"everything is allowed in bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag man..everything is allowed in bairaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag..when one gets bairaag , its above maryada, gurmat((hijacked by fanatics)), anti-gurmat whatever you want to call it."

Sorry to say but that is nothing but you own Manmat. Nothing, absolutely NOTHING in this universe is above GURMAT. Using you own logic, one might as well say that if man is in ‘bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag’ then he can even rape a women, after all, he is in ‘bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag man’ isn’t he? Some might even argue if one is in ‘bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag man’ then it is even justifiable to murder someone, after all “everything is allowed in bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag man..everything is allowed in bairaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag”

Veer ji, You Truly have no idea what Vairaag brings to the heart of a Devotee. . I am sad to even hear you insult the state of Vairaage with comparing it to someone might rape or murder another. I wont' say much, except that this is the most Stupidist Comment i've read from you. It lacks any basis on regards to what Vairaag is what type of situation that might bring upon a devotte. Please, if you are going to respond to the rest of the replies on something which you have clearly no understading on in such a manner , i'd suggest you rather not waste your time with this topic.

N30 Singh wrote:

"everything is allowed in bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag man..everything is allowed in bairaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag..when one gets bairaag , its above maryada, gurmat((hijacked by fanatics)), anti-gurmat whatever you want to call it."

Sorry to say but that is nothing but you own Manmat. Nothing, absolutely NOTHING in this universe is above GURMAT. Using you own logic, one might as well say that if man is in ‘bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag’ then he can even rape a women, after all, he is in ‘bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag man’ isn’t he? Some might even argue if one is in ‘bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag man’ then it is even justifiable to murder someone, after all “everything is allowed in bairaaaaaaaaaaaaag man..everything is allowed in bairaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagâ€

May i ask as to how you came to this conclusion? Because in my perspective, if a person has GURMAT (Guru vali maat) which is actually a higher plane of thought then those such thoughts wouldn't occur. In vairaag, which is a state of ecstasy, utter happiness, who can think of dukh at that point..... :?:

for eg. on weddings people are usually happy, do u notice anyone stealing cars at that moment? not really

but I know, and ur gonna say well what bout receptions, all those people drinking and causing fights etc.............

well that's the catch.......having the reception where liquor and meat will be served, well that's a recipe for disaster.

what i mean by this is that, well if u ask for it well it will be there. How many gurmukh chardi-kala vale singhs do u see raping women just because they in vairaag (feeling of ecstasy/bliss).

I don't know of any people like that. If you know of any, please shed some light on it with historical references, that would be appreciated.

Also , my last point, I have a question for you................................

What makes one person better than the next? and then What makes one sikh better than the next?

People have a different way of doing things and there are different ways/paths to obtain god so how can we look down upon them when we ourselves are not perfect.........as stated in Jaap Sahib....

aik moorat anaik darsan, keen roop anaik

khail khaile, akhail khailun, aunt ko phir aik

(You are Alone, but appear in many shapes. You manifest Yourself in many forms.

You Play the Game of Creation, and after playing this Game, You dissolve the creation, and are left Alone.)

aman hain, nidhan hain, anaik hain, phir aik hain. O Lord, You are Immeasurable, You are the Treasure of All the Wealth, You have multiplied from One Form to many, Still You are One

just my 2 cents................ :|

bhul chuk maaf karna..................

Beast wrote:

wiked!

I for one pledge to drink as much sukha and take as opium as Baba Gurbax Singh was said to.

Vah Ji Vah!

Then maybe you should also emulate the rehet Baba Gurbaksh Singh Jee kept, such as wearing of Neela NIhang Bana 24/7, waking up at amritvela everyday, memorizing the entire Panj Granthi(besides the Nitnem) and last but not least become a Shaheed like him.

Then the entire world would look at you and truly say 'Vaah Jee Vaah!!'

ah, well done. Do you now see the stupidity of your post that I was replying to?

Vah Ji Vah!

there seems to be a lot discussed since I last visited

now wouldnt it have been great to discuss spirituality rather than get krodh over each other (sorry, if you read my other post "Why?????" then you would know what I mean)

just a few of my thoughts whatever they are worth:

if you want to be a sikh(disciple) of Guru Nanak Dev ji, you follow His teachings

dancing may not be forbidden, however it is a distraction from our true aim

Great Sikhs (too many to name) from all jathas never danced in bairag, (there has never been any account in there biographies),

this is just a distraction from our true aim

to say living in the extreme is bland is saying sikhi is bland.

what i mean is there is no extremes in sikhi.

just sikhi or no sikhi (ie your a disciple or your not a disciple), gurmat or manmat.

dharam rai jab lekha mangai , kia mukh laike jahiga?????

lets not give up this chance lets grasp sikhi to the full.

there seems to be a lot discussed since I last visited

now wouldnt it have been great to discuss spirituality rather than get krodh over each other (sorry, if you read my other post "Why?????" then you would know what I mean)

just a few of my thoughts whatever they are worth:

if you want to be a sikh(disciple) of Guru Nanak Dev ji, you follow His teachings

dancing may not be forbidden, however it is a distraction from our true aim

Great Sikhs (too many to name) from all jathas never danced in bairag, (there has never been any account in there biographies),

this is just a distraction from our true aim

to say living in the extreme is bland is saying sikhi is bland.

what i mean is there is no extremes in sikhi.

just sikhi or no sikhi (ie your a disciple or your not a disciple), gurmat or manmat.

dharam rai jab lekha mangai , kia mukh laike jahiga?????

lets not give up this chance lets grasp sikhi to the full.

whats witha ll the black n white areas, is there no grey area, like me i am stuck in the middle

Some of you just don't understand. This is what happens when you are under influence of sukha. Guys, Sukha is not good. It is a bajar kurehat. Don't take it.

When the girls dance and shake their butts while dancing. How can those people be called Gurmukhs. Isn't that wrong. I bet those who dance don't even know they are they are sticking their butts out. They get too much into it. Do you think Sahibzadas danced? No they did not. So why should we? Even Sant Jarnail Singh said that we should not dance. There is no point in dancing. It does give lust, whether you get it rigth away or a couple days after. Also, many assault happen at these so called dances.

Maybe you feel lustful Faujiya, doesnt neccessarily mean others will. When you see auntiya/uncles dancing at a wedding, are they in lust? lets not make blanket statements and generalise everyone.

can u be 100% sure that they arent??Most uncles and auntiya dnt even understand what they are doing lol

Does a gurmukh need to dance??? wot is better than for them to do simran or paath?? Dancing is nothing compared to that....

gurmukh sada dhiaeeeyai eak naam kartar andar rachai har sab sio rasna har gun gaae

gur sarnaeeeee sukh lehehi andhin naam dhiae

Some of you just don't understand. This is what happens when you are under influence of sukha. Guys, Sukha is not good. It is a bajar kurehat. Don't take it.

He's got big feet as well. And I don't think I am under his influence, he lives miles away from me.