why is dancing considered bad??

Nectar

aguptkaur, forcing your beliefs on anyone is not helping anyone's spirituality. If you were a truly spiritual person you wouldn't be going around condemning people for such inconsequential things.

I'm sure there are more important things people should concentrate on if they desire to be spiritual. It is not your place to judge anyone. Worry about your self, and let others worry about themselves. This doesn't mean don't help others, but if you can't tell, you aren't really helping anyone become more spiritual.

In simpler terms...CHILL OUT!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no middle

we are or we arent, there is no maybe

im sorry but the world is not so. As much as we like it to be.... Majority of us are in that Middle Ground that you belive it to be non-exitent. In the process to push one ifurther, you have to keep moving, do not stand inthe middle of the bridge, but continue towards theother end. As many Sadhiks feel as tho they have come so far that they cannot go back, but it is even more difficult to move forward. That is where the Majority are. To say there is no middle gournd is immature.

Also Notice there are 3 types if Personality in this world

Saatvic - Those who have crossed or on the Edge of crossing the Bridge

Rajvic - Those who are in the middle and need to be Helped across by holding their hands.

Tamsic - Those who have not even thought about crossing the bridge

• 2 weeks later...

Rajvic - Those who are in the middle and need to be Helped across by holding their hands.

Thats not quite true.

These are just one of the many 'qualities' of an individual that provide the ingredients that adds to the sum total that is their personality.

Also, everyone has ALL 3 qualities: (Satto - truth, honesty, etc, Rajjo - dynamism, curiousity, fluid energy, etc., and Tammo - ingorance, stubborness, cold, cool, dark, despair, etc.).

These qualities just differ in their quantities according to time, space, circumstance, karams and kirpa. If anything, one tends to be a blend of all 3 at any one time.

Thats not quite true.

These are just one of the many 'qualities' of an individual that provide the ingredients that adds to the sum total that is their personality.

Also, everyone has ALL 3 qualities: (Satto - truth, honesty, etc, Rajjo - dynamism, curiousity, fluid energy, etc., and Tammo - ingorance, stubborness, cold, cool, dark, despair, etc.).

These qualities just differ in their quantities according to time, space, circumstance, karams and kirpa. If anything, one tends to be a blend of all 3 at any one time.

then would it be correct to say that a Satovic who is on the brink of becoming the beacon of a True Bhagat is also a Tamsic? Altho i do feel there are those who are Pure Satovic and Pure Tamsic individuals. The Rajsic tend to float towards both ends who would be mixture of the 3.

Regardless what you say makes perfect sense.

dancing is considered bad, because more than 1/2 the people don't know how to dance....so they're jealousy arises and they think that one has to be a sinner in order for them to be the "pure" ones. otherwise that is one less "gun".

now, the question arises, in pertinence to purity.

if you do a padh, have you lost your sucham?

haha, quoting from that page dude linked;

It is totally inappropriate for couples (gursikh couples) to hold hands in public. Only be-sharam and be-haiya (shameless) people who have no respect for elder gursikhs would act this way. This is western way and we should never adopt such inappropriate behaviour.

Gursikhs are not cheap exhibitionists of love and never resort to such cheap stuff. A gursikh should not even have a portrait taken in this way as we notice in some gursikhs houses. This is definitely a step in the wrong direction.

Daas,

Kulbir Singh

hahahaha! omg! you've got to be kidding me! when i first looked at that thread, i just laughed cuz the question was so dumb.

now it's gone from a stupid question to a stupid argument!

:LOL:

i wonder if amritdhari people are allowed to breathe the same air the rest of the world breathes.

I wonder if this cat beleives that its ok for Gursikh couples to stand in the same room? no doubt he beleives that Gursikh couples should sleep seperately, preferrably in different buildings? lol

Dont get me wrong, i can see where is coming from in terms of etiquette and observing protocol around elders when it comes to public displays of affection etc (not that i necesarrily agree, but i can see what hes saying).

But even having a problem with having pictures taken as a couple? Jigga PLEASE! take a chill pill... a big one!

I think that most of us experience all three personalities .

some moments are so blessed that we cant call them tamsic or rajvic , we can feel gods presence all around us. in every breath.

at times we are struggling to chose the path of truth we stumble make mistakes and stand again.

and at times we slip into tamsic stage when we are totally engrossed in ourselves , our ego doesnt let us see the difference between the right or wrong.

that is why sadh sangat is so important . dancing is bad or not , only we can answer that question for ourselves because our heart knows what is right or wrong.

I remember a story its about a sadhu , he had pledged not to marry or touch a woman. A young man comes to him and says he wants to make similar pledge .One day both are about to cross a shallow river, a woman who is injured and tired also wants to cross so the sadhu carries her in his arms to other side. the young man asks that why did sadhu break his pledge and touched a woman.Sadhu replies "i never touched her but you eyes and your mind touched her so it is you who has broken the pledge"

its in our mind that we do everything and its in mind that we should apply control.

wjkk wjkf

I think that most of us experience all three personalities .

some moments are so blessed that we cant call them tamsic or rajvic , we can feel gods presence all around us. in every breath.

at times we are struggling to chose the path of truth we stumble make mistakes and stand again.

and at times we slip into tamsic stage when we are totally engrossed in ourselves , our ego doesnt let us see the difference between the right or wrong.

that is why sadh sangat is so important . dancing is bad or not , only we can answer that question for ourselves because our heart knows what is right or wrong.

I remember a story its about a sadhu , he had pledged not to marry or touch a woman. A young man comes to him and says he wants to make similar pledge .One day both are about to cross a shallow river, a woman who is injured and tired also wants to cross so the sadhu carries her in his arms to other side. the young man asks that why did sadhu break his pledge and touched a woman.Sadhu replies "i never touched her but you eyes and your mind touched her so it is you who has broken the pledge"

its in our mind that we do everything and its in mind that we should apply control.

wjkk wjkf

well said bro/sis, i liked the story. Indeed our perception is our reality.

haha these (mod-cut) .. i wish evolution takes care of them :P

but seriously. when did the "panth" get hijacked by such stupidity ..

erm... tha's just wrong sexysingh....

everyone's entitled to follow their own path. just cuz we dun agree with them, it doesn't necessarily make them wrong. mind you it dun necessarily make them right.

yeah i dun like how they force their views on people either, but in the end, if all you can do is badmouth them, how much better of a person are you?

(and yeah, this is comin from someone who does nuff badmouthing. i know i'ma hypocrite, but still... i'm workin on it...)

erm... tha's just wrong sexysingh....

everyone's entitled to follow their own path. just cuz we dun agree with them, it doesn't necessarily make them wrong. mind you it dun necessarily make them right.

yeah i dun like how they force their views on people either, but in the end, if all you can do is badmouth them, how much better of a person are you?

(and yeah, this is comin from someone who does nuff badmouthing. i know i'ma hypocrite, but still... i'm workin on it...)

sharrap sukhi... stop trying to enforce your liberal laa-dee-daa live-&-let-live views on sexy.

on a side note... 200,000 years of human evolution has failed to breed out stupidity & fanatacism, leading to the inevitable conclusion that they must somehow be inherantly necessary to the survival of our species... after all... without them all the saneys would have noone to make fun of!

sharap! @ guv and narsinghi

for one thing, just cuz others are retarded and bad-mouth nangawareness, i mean sikhawareness on other sites, dun mean we gotta stoop to their level. (note the use of the word "retarded" to describe these others.)

secondly... oh wait i have nothing to say to loners. sorry narshinghi. you dun get to be addressed in this post for anything more than a "sharap".