Singhs need Nihang Amrit in UK - help

sikh-samurai

Thanks for all the assistance. Flattered by so much help from all of you.

Going to India is a difficult proposition for me. I hoped to get my amrit in the UK within a few months, if it is to be India, it'll be a few years.

If there is any Amrit Sanchar (gupt or not) in the UK given by Nihangs, please email me:

deshdeepak_@hotmail.com

I want to take Nihang amrit b/c I feel their tradition is the oldest of all Sikh traditions, I also found that Nihangs are big-hearted people with a cosmic perspective who are very tolerant of different ideas and ways of living and since Amrit is equal anywhere you go, I wanted to imbue my ceremony with an essence that I feel touches at the heart of who I am.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Rupz why did you assume i said anything about caste?

Like with the royal marines advert 99.99% need not apply, why, because not many are cut out for what marines do, and in the same line of thinking, not everyone one is cut out to be a warrior or a nihang.

The historical roles certain castes played throughout history, is well, noted in history.

by sayin born to do it, i mean they have some type of genetic, physical and mental disposition, moulded by their upbringing, that naturally sways them towards a path, be is of the saint or the warrior.

Some ppl naturally sway towards Saintly/Nirmala lifestyle, some Missionary/Udasi, some towards Devoted/Seva Panthi and some to the Warrior/Nihang path.

I know which way i swing, how about you? something to think about. we can not be all roles at all times to all people, and one role will natuarlly be dominant.

Intresting post rakash friend.

What would you say regarding guru ji's kirpa? Can Guru ji not bless someone with warrior spirit? Can guru ji not bless a warrior with peace and contentment and give him a desire to leave battle and war and adopt a family life? can the jackals not kill the lions? can the little birds not hunt the hawks?

There have been countless people throughout the worlds history who were not 'born warriors', and yet when it counted they stood and fought to their last breaths. equally there have been countless others, inculding in our own history who were 'born warriors' who looked the part, acted the part but when the battle begins they run away.

You can think or assume that you 'swing' whichever way you like, but without guru ji's hukum and kirpa you wont be/do anything. It is he that makes the warrior he that makes the saint and he that changes them when as where neccesary. he can just as easily make you loose all your courage and just as easily give it all to a former coward, all works within his kirpa!

errmmm sir knight what u saying is true true. but majority of the ppl have not got that much faith or heart. so reality and practicality comes in. i think thats what rakash is on about.

yes u can change from being 1 to the other. but whern u set ur life to be one and train at it from birth to death , that person is and will be unique.

yes u should have faith and u will get kirpa from ur guru be it mohammed jesus or guru nanak dev ji. but like rakash said that 99.99% thing its true. look at the commandos or the green beret. they r not just gonna take on any tom dick and harry. yes they have priest cus the priest r the ppl that build up the strength of the soldier so they do have there place so don't get me wrong.

both of u have ur right points. but to say 10 ppl out of 10 can do anything they want is wrong cus in life and psycho ppl r just not that. some r strong some r weak. some can spell some can not. some r fat some r thin. some have illnesses some do not.

i hope my post was clear i know i know i even confuse myself sometimes. :?:

What would you say regarding guru ji's kirpa? Can Guru ji not bless someone with warrior spirit? Can guru ji not bless a warrior with peace and contentment and give him a desire to leave battle and war and adopt a family life? can the jackals not kill the lions? can the little birds not hunt the hawks?

There have been countless people throughout the worlds history who were not 'born warriors', and yet when it counted they stood and fought to their last breaths. equally there have been countless others, inculding in our own history who were 'born warriors' who looked the part, acted the part but when the battle begins they run away.

You can think or assume that you 'swing' whichever way you like, but without guru ji's hukum and kirpa you wont be/do anything. It is he that makes the warrior he that makes the saint and he that changes them when as where neccesary. he can just as easily make you loose all your courage and just as easily give it all to a former coward, all works within his kirpa!

Yes and with Guru's kirpa we don't need shaastar either, as He will protect us if we pray, pray and pray some more.

Yes Guru Maharaaj can turn sparrows into hawks, everyone one has some potential, its His Khel, and he can bless anyone do be able to do anything. But don't forget the Khalsa is practical, hence keeping of Shastar, Saastar and the vidiya that goes with each.

Blue Knight i can feel the undertones of your post and its the only one you can make and the one you refer to time and time again, but lets nots forget the 280 odd years before that either.

• 2 months later...

by praying is it the body u protect or the atma? the true self which is beyond this manifest form ? Maybe praying is a means to please God and hence obtain his grace and hence need no weapons as his grace will protect us, nut once again would God the eternal be concerned with preserving that which is destined to end or would he preserve the everlasting entity which exists within.

Gurus kirpa we can not understand how it works, or what causes it to be bestowed upon us, if its through seva then actions play a part in gaining his grace yet actions are a part of the physical temporary world, to ensure one exists and continues to exist in this world we may need to use actions to ensure our existance this may include the action of protecting ourselves and others, hence the requirement of shastar

Im not sure if im making sense I havnt slept just had a 2 hour exam and a freaky but amazing experience by the grace of akaal, so if you dont understand what i wrote forgive me, if you do forgive me still.

I am trynig to build on what Rakash said.

• 1 year later...

Spot on :!:

This is an Announcement!!

I just would like to point out to people that ive have changed my idea about this. I have moved away from mainstream Sikhi. I had little or not enough knowledge of what a Nihang was before. I now cant praise Nihangs enough for keeping with the martial Traditions. The only group I feel which hasnet changed are the Nihangs, along with Nirmalay Seva Panthis and Udasi's, they are true from the past era, mainstream sikhi has changed soo many times.

I now believe that Mainstream Sikhi lacks knowledge of Sikhi itself. Ive just looked back at the old posts I did, I cant believe I was that ignorant. Sorry guys in Advance. Im a complete contrast to the old RupZ.

Now im saying bub bye old me and hello new me! :D

Dear Rupz.

dont beleive everything about the nihangs cos they certainly arent a patch on the old traditional nihangs. The traditional nihangs were not afraid of death or upsettng the authorites ike the new one are. Also the nihangs gave thier lives for the protection and welfare of the Granth and Panth. Now they believe they ARE the panth. I could go on and on. But This please everyone debate. In the last 20 or so years wherever the Aad Guru Darbar has been desecrated the Nihangs have never showed thier faces. Why ? In the early 80s the police attacked Baba Kirtan Singh Jee's shauni at Amritsar and killed 4 nihangs. Did anyone from Budha Dal turn up to find out what happened? No. The only people to make a stand on this was Sant Jarnail Singh of Bhindra and Baba Nihal Singh of the Harian Wela Taruna Dal. Where were the others? What About Baba Sant Singh's stance on the kar sewa after Bluestar? The Nihang samprdaye fell in estimation in the eyes of the Panth. Also go back to the artcile ive submitted on the Udasi panth. Where were the protectors of the panth when the udasis were killing or raping memers of the sangat? Rupz you say this group hasnt changed. please read this sshort story.

One day at Darbar Sahib a brahmin came and started crying that his wife had been taken by the soldeirs of the subedar of kasur. Lehna Singh Bhangi and all the other sardar who were sitting and eating langar at once stood up, and mounting their horses prepared for war. They attacked Kasur and brought back the brahmins wife. Now could you ever see Baba Santa Singh Jee or any of the other Nihang Singh making a similiar stand in todays times if the son of the Punjab Chief Minister kidnapped a girl?

I await your answer.

im a chatanga of the panth and granth

forgive any bhul

dont be a child dynamic. Thats a really childish response. you havent answered or volunteered any thoughts on what ive written and instead wrote something really stupid, which when others read will think that nihangs and thier supporters have no reason or logic. Thats what s wrong wiv Sikhs today. Ask a question and they say something really dumb.

chatanga

Dear Rupz.

dont beleive everything about the nihangs cos they certainly arent a patch on the old traditional nihangs. The traditional nihangs were not afraid of death or upsettng the authorites ike the new one are. Also the nihangs gave thier lives for the protection and welfare of the Granth and Panth. Now they believe they ARE the panth. I could go on and on. But This please everyone debate. In the last 20 or so years wherever the Aad Guru Darbar has been desecrated the Nihangs have never showed thier faces. Why ? In the early 80s the police attacked Baba Kirtan Singh Jee's shauni at Amritsar and killed 4 nihangs. Did anyone from Budha Dal turn up to find out what happened? No. The only people to make a stand on this was Sant Jarnail Singh of Bhindra and Baba Nihal Singh of the Harian Wela Taruna Dal. Where were the others? What About Baba Sant Singh's stance on the kar sewa after Bluestar? The Nihang samprdaye fell in estimation in the eyes of the Panth. Also go back to the artcile ive submitted on the Udasi panth. Where were the protectors of the panth when the udasis were killing or raping memers of the sangat? Rupz you say this group hasnt changed. please read this sshort story.

One day at Darbar Sahib a brahmin came and started crying that his wife had been taken by the soldeirs of the subedar of kasur. Lehna Singh Bhangi and all the other sardar who were sitting and eating langar at once stood up, and mounting their horses prepared for war. They attacked Kasur and brought back the brahmins wife. Now could you ever see Baba Santa Singh Jee or any of the other Nihang Singh making a similiar stand in todays times if the son of the Punjab Chief Minister kidnapped a girl?

I await your answer.

im a chatanga of the panth and granth

forgive any bhul

Yeah Lehna Singh Bhangi done a good deed. But storys about Nihang Singhs aint been heard of probilby because of the media? I duno?

But people have been saying a lot of stuff about Nihangs including me in the past. But are people willing to listen if a Nihang tells a story? Or are some people going to say their a "Bad Nihang" so why listen to him/her? I admit that some storys are a bit hasy.

I feel chatanga is right and we should kick Dynamic Banda ® out of the panth because he isn't a human...I am afraid this paapi das has now realised his ways and has to admit that maybe he is actually a monkey. He should be given tankaah for writing intelligent babble beyond his capacity as a monkey...he should be punished for being on the internet and trying to be human (a child at that and a laadla on top of that) as well as being deviant and sneaking into an amrit sanchar....maybe the ablakhee's spiritual fall was initiated by the banana peel.

Here is my answer now:

I have been in india now for 3 months. I've come across all types of people and the most interesting thing to note is that there isn't a collective thought about sikhi (per se), simply because the population and forum for thought exchange isn't limited...like it is abroad. The truth is that there is alot that isn't being done...and a hell of alot that really is being done. Economics is a huge limiting factor...therein it is sharda.

You have good and bad everywhere, guru is 'deen dyal'...don't play dharam raj. At the end of the day, very few people abroad will actually be running into battle any time soon (unless 2012 occurs..again, sorry for not answering that in detail..I don't have my resources handy).

If there are problems and issues in the 'panth'...then ask, where in guru granth sahib ji has guru sahib NOT answered things?

excuse the sarcasm...

I will happily be thrown out of any panth, and will happily add or subtract letters from my name, if it pleases the sangat which I obviously do not deserve to be part off ;)

Call me bandar call me banda, call me a janani its all good as long as you are happy chatanga ji, after all a happy meal is a healthy one.

You have no proof that all rehti sikhs are guru ke ladle, just as I have non that only nihangs are ladle. However I can go by the fact that in day to day practice no other group shout it out as much as the nihangs do. Maybe this is not enoguh proof to justify that only Nihangs are Guru Ke Ladle.

But to me its more then enough, after all its what I feel. or are you going to tell me my feelings are not good enough a reason for me to persue a belief. :)

I agree with drawof, sikhi is vast and dynamic there is no single way no single answer, and definatly no single person who can go against the hukam of Maharaj. It is by his grace we get the desires and feelings and pull towards sikhi, its by his grace we have the good fortune to meet chardi kala people and gain somehing from them, be it an insight into a higher state of living, or some bani, or just some open source kamai..

No they are not only in one jatha or sampradaya infact they arnt even in one religion.. but they are all in the one hukam of akaal, and all come from the one akaal so if someone is drawn to nihangs and feels they want to share that let it be, sure express your opinions too but then dont get upset when others express theirs.

Would a nihang help some lady whose been kidnapped. Im not baba Santa Singh I cant answer for the whole panth, but I can say im sure some would. lI guesss it all depends on if it is gurus hukam that a nihang will ave that woman, after all everythign happens in hukam so I guess the woman being kidnapped was also in hukam ?

Who knows how akaal purakh plays this game, we are just all his pieces to place however he wishes along a path.

Would I help a kidnapped woman, hundreds of people get kidnapped every day I havnt packed up my job or left my family to go help them, so I guess im not like the old nihangs, but if one of the jathedars told me to go save someone it would be my duty after all no point in wearing all the blue if you aint going to answer the call.

Now you may say cant I make decisions for myself, if a situation occurs Id like to say yes I will jump onto the back of my horse (or jump onto a bus as i have no horse) and ride into the night competing with the cops to find this kidnapper and save her honour etc etc, but the truth is situations like that are not pre-planned, its all about that specific moment in time. However what I am today is by the grace and blessings of akaal, and I came to appreciate those gifts through jathedars and holy people, as it is by their blessings I am who I am, it is only right that I serve them when they ask it of me.

Now you may ask dont I feel that way about my Guru, and the answer is simple in my mind anyway.. yes but im too stupid to understand what my guru wants so I just do my best everyday and trust he will hold my hand and guide me where he wants me to go. after all I am his ladla. :P

Now thats a very long post written by a bandar.. so im charging you all one banana each ! But this post wasnt about me, it was about rupz liking nihangs.. and chatanga believing they dont deserve to be liked because they aint like the old nihangs and drawof throwing me out the panth.

Dear Dynamic

thats a very good post and i like your answers. But I have nothing against the nihangs. I wear blue myself and hate anyothers criticising the chatka gatka traditions of the Nihangs. I so much wish to see hola mohalla again. But my criticism is on the Nihangs claiming and things like criticism of Banda Singh, and tending to shut thier eyes over certain events like in punjab over the last 30 years. Also they claim the sgpc are malesh and last year they were hugging makar and having their photo taken. stuff like that. So please dont think that i dont like Nihangs. i have a lot of respect for them for the roles they played in the past. Certainly in the future or the l;ast 30 they have gone down in the panths estimation. Friends in Panjab said to me when i visited "why you like nihangs? they are sellouts!!. I said no brother, they just havent got their prioriites right. One day they will and lead the panth to victory and freedom. get your head out the clouds they said."

victory to the panth

chatanga

• 2 months later...