SGPC’s no to descendents of Mian Mir!

Niranjana, Im merely saying a person who has shardha for Maharaj and is aware of the protocol to be observed in the Gurudwara should be allowed to do Kirtan. Now, many money who are obviously not Amritdhari work in the langar and do paath, knowing how they must act within a Gurdwara without any problems whatsoever. Why not these people?

Do they have to be wearing a Kirpan to be able to sing?

Niranjana , Im merely saying a person who has shardha for Maharaj and is aware of the protocol to be observed in the Gurudwara should be allowed to do Kirtan. Now, many money who are obviously not Amritdhari work in the langar and do paath, knowing how they must act within a Gurdwara without any problems whatsoever. Why not these people?

Do they have to be wearing a Kirpan to be able to sing?

....is everyone suffering from schizoid personality disorder?

Anyway, just a few queries:

a) is 'shardha' alone enough?

B) who can tell whether its genuine 'shardha'?

c) does one require 'shardha' in order to fulfill a goal?

Also, whatever happened to possessing skill, knowledge, and traditions?

Logically, if a person has true 'Shardha' for Guru Maharaj, they will inevitably ensure that they follow the 'Hukam' of the Guru (..and understand that kirtan is sung in Raags, correct protocol is followed, etc etc) so as not to offend Guruji, Sadh Sangat and Guru Khalsa.

This modern day use of terms such as 'Shardha' appear in many cases to be an excuse not to follow Maryada. Then again, if one feels they need to sit on stage to reveal how much 'Shardha' they have, then who can argue with that... :LOL:

B) who can tell whether its genuine 'shardha'?

Exactly, and neither can you, so let Guru Sahib decide who has real Shardha.

Palm, the issue is not that he is Mian Mir's descendant but that someone who is accomplished at some level in Gurmat Sangeet should be allowed to sing in front of Maharaaj, regardless of religion. Khalaas.

The above post I made earlier clearly states the person should have some knowledge of Gurmat Sangeet, which is based on classical raags, although I did contradict myself when I said anyone who has shardha should be able to sing in a gurdwara, so thanks for pointing that out.

gurmeet sangeet on the tapes i got of balwinder singh safri, sardara and malkit singh songs that are about sikhi. buy are not Gurbani but made up songs about religous thingz.

Any ways when i got down indian man shop thats what gurmeet sangat is or what every things near me.

The use of the term "Gurmat" is quite interesting, just like it is interesting to observe the usuage of other commonly used terms like "Bir Ras", "Chardi Kala" and of the all time favourite when people don't agree with your views "Manmukh".

Gur - "Mat", essentially points to "Guru's Mat, or Way" or the "way of light", it can be understood by comparison to/in addition to other paths or ways such as Bhakti Marg, Rag Yog, Vedanta, Jnana etc...some of these are alternatives and others hold similarities, although all share many common attributes...

...what it is not however, much like the other favourite words of the "bad boy Singh/nee Gangstas of 'Saufall' and 'Surrey' etc" is a label.

Hence, Gurmat Sangeet is not special class, branch, gharana or style of music, but rather the utilisation of Sangeet in a Gurmat context.

Read Niranjanas post above...gurmat requires jeevan..adopting gurmat is adopting guru granth sahib jis way of thinking...gurmat cannot be confined to just sangeet it is a part of everything...

"Hence, Gurmat Sangeet is not special class, branch, gharana or style of music, but rather the utilisation of Sangeet in a Gurmat context."

does the gurmat context only apply to the sangeet

respected Narsingha, then we may suppose that only the authorities chairing presently decide the shardha, maryada, protocol, sikhi. allow, not to allow, ? Some times ago they were allowing and now they are disallowing. Then, if it is all the things Sikh Religion requires ?