Monaey (Cut Hair ) = Sikh ???

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAH

YO FAUJI ITS A JOKE. lol i just wanted to c ur and other ppls reactions hahahahah. come on ppl by now u must know i don't care if u think hair is important or not. HAHAHAHAH

omg this is so much fun.

anyhoooooooooooooooooooooss

1984... wasi there errm i think, duno. was i even born duno man.

backstabing?? from what i know my family havn't backstabed u? what u on about.

delhi riots errm well my grandad was there and thank god he escaped.

yo fauji u just a typical sikh guy who loves to preach. who doesn't except no1. u only except fanatics like yourself.

and me a pakhandi a maha pakhandi lol ok man whatever u say. i think my mom would agree with u. u know the normal mom thing when they say u never work u never do that blah blahh blah and then she wants to slap u. lol so i guess u right for saying that about me.

hahaha ok boys and girls this is how u use pentrai to c how ppl tick. learn of me as i'm the baba HAHAHA

oh yeas i'm the badoy...whos the bad boy.......i'am the badboy ........whos the badboy doabas the bad boy

HAHAHAH U PPLS NEED TO CHILL AND RELAX IN LIFE MAN. Y U DUDES TAKE EVERYTHING SERIOUS FOR.

BUT 1 THING YO lol errm the comment about u said about ripping ur hair well yeah in a fight i would. cus its easy and its a fight. when u in a fight next manz ain't gonna care about u so u gotta survive. so if u think u shouldn't hit or get any1 on the head to knock them out u r mistaken. this shows u have never done martials arts and if u have u didn't understand. cus hitting the head is 1 of the main parts cus the senses r there.

RESPECT YO i love u 2. even though u hate me :cry:

oh admins thanx man u guys r alrite. thinking this site is all sikhism i thought maybe u guys were fanatcis to. but u aint.

i love u admins u r the best. at last there is a sikh site and the admins love every1 to.

ok every1 its time to go on the islam forums :twisted: to check out the fanatics on that.

OHHHH look who's pulled out there handbag lol

Rakash Singh - i was brought up a mona so i feel qualified to comment, there is no difficulty in keeping hair, its free to do, and you will feel so much better for doing so, trust me. When i used to look at singh's when i was a mona i wondered why they kept there hair which lead me to look into my religion and the rest is history and i have never looked back.

anyway enough from me

a fanatic sikh signing out lol

Hardeep_singh

Veer ji, Pleae rpely to my question on the previous page as you suggest

amazing how you monaey translate quotes from the ggs into somthing complete different and quiet frankly its a skill you guys can keep. because i know in my heart your getting it so wrong.

I would seriously like to know about your interepetatin of this shabad to which im guessing made you think im mis-interpeting it to elevate my point in this discussion.

longhair.jpg

Pheena that's a beatiful shabad but from my understanding of this shabad. this shabad was said after the union not before.

This tells us that "Maryada is there to help you to union yourself with Vahiguroo" but Maryada is not Vahiguroo ...so after the union with Vahiguroo you don't need maryada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't judge for even second of who is united or not with Vahiguroo on this forum but this is something everyone needs to look within themselves and ask "if this shabad" applies to them or not.

pheena - i believe khalsa fauj has answered your question already, don't just think everything is black an white the ggs is written in poetry if you aint good at that then you will have a problem understanding the true meaning behind those words.

For myself i don't need to find the exact words were it explicty says you have to keep your hair although there is afew quotes stating you should from the ggs even on this thread, which is as much as i need to know that i've made the rite decision.

Pheena that's a beatiful shabad but from my understanding of this shabad. this shabad was said after the union not before.

This tells us that "Maryada is there to help you to union yourself with Vahiguroo" but Maryada is not Vahiguroo ...so after the union with Vahiguroo you don't need maryada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't judge for even second of who is united or not with Vahiguroo on this forum but this is something everyone needs to look within themselves and ask "if this shabad" applies to them or not.

just a little confused by what u've written there nthirty... is ur interpretation of the shabad that one needs to keep kesh in order to break free of duality & only once they have become one with god does it make no difference whether they keep kesh or not? just trying to clarify.

pheena - i believe khalsa fauj has answered your question already, don't just think everything is black an white the ggs is written in poetry if you aint good at that then you will have a problem understanding the true meaning behind those words.

kf hasn't answered the question... he said...

I am not getting fooled. I know what the Shabad means. I don't have time to translate it to English right now. Those interested. Read the real Gurmukhi translations.

i've read the gurmukhi translation kf linked to... & it's very similar to the english translation pheena provided... except the translator infers that the references to long hair & baldness are to different types of sadhus... some who keep dreadlocks & others who shave their head bald. hs, what is ur interpretation?

For myself i don't need to find the exact words were it explicty says you have to keep your hair although there is afew quotes stating you should from the ggs even on this thread, which is as much as i need to know that i've made the rite decision.

those are the words of a closed mind... which is especially poignant as u urself said...

The Khalsa Fauj - i dont know what more you can say to convince the monaey on this thread, specially when there so stuck to there views :(

it appears u may have been talking about urself. i have another question for u hs... is there anything anyone could say to u on this thread that could convince u that a mona could be considered a sikh? if not, i don't think there is any point in anyone trying to have a debate with u on the matter.

i've read the gurmukhi translation kf linked to... & it's very similar to the english translation pheena provided... except the translator infers that the references to long hair & baldness are to different types of sadhus... some who keep dreadlocks & others who shave their head bald. hs, what is ur interpretation?

Relax! Like I said I am busy with assignments. I will reply tomorrow night. I AM Canadian! So I will reply after 24 hours. The link should have been enough to get you to understand the real meaning of the saloak. I will provide a complete translation in English and Gurmukhi.

i. A Sikh should, in no way, harbour any antipathy to the hair of the head with which his child is born. He should not temper with the hair with which the child is born. He should add the suffix "Singh" to the name of his son & "Kaur" to the name of his daughter. A Sikh should keep the hair of his sons and daughters intact.

http://sgpc.net/rehat_maryada/section_four.html

just a little confused by what u've written there nthirty... is ur interpretation of the shabad that one needs to keep kesh in order to break free of duality & only once they have become one with god does it make no difference whether they keep kesh or not? just trying to clarify.

We all know-keeping kesh, sucham, satoguni diet/satogun behaviour, giving daswand, giving tan, man , dhan to Guru ji we humans do is because so that we can merge with Nirankar via Guru Ji kirpa (gurparsad)...that's ultimate goal anyway.

Once you merged with Nirankar..from what i have understood from bhagat kabir .. he is saying it really doesn't matter if you got kesh or not because you become above maryada(remember death).

I must ask people not to take my post wrong way .. i m no way advocating singhs/singhani's should shave their heads after union with nirankar..i m simply only tryin to give my view what bhagat kabir ji mean by that shabad.

I yet have to see one single mahapursh in Sikh Dharam who was keshadhari before bhramgyani and but after bhramgyani became sehajdhari ..i have came across with sehajdhari mahapursh who were sehajdhari before and after and i have came across with keshadhari mahapursh who were keshdhari before and after bhramgyan.

I am just trying to give my 2 cents what bhagat kabir means by that shabad...i find nothing wrong with him saying shaving head does not matter after union but this beleif should not be allowed in Gurmat...if they kabir panthis allow this in their matt that's fine ...we all can respect that just like how our guru's did but that's it.

One thing to ponder upon if you notice carefully-

Guru Maharaj embrace all the bhagats only because they were bhagats of Nirankar Par barham .. one should not automatically assume that just because Guru Maharaj Ji embraced alll the bhagats it means Guru Maharaj have all accepted all their pratices or daily rituals of their matt(religion) and included in "Gurmat".

i. A Sikh should, in no way, harbour any antipathy to the hair of the head with which his child is born. He should not temper with the hair with which the child is born. He should add the suffix "Singh" to the name of his son & "Kaur" to the name of his daughter. A Sikh should keep the hair of his sons and daughters intact.

http://sgpc.net/rehat_maryada/section_four.html

U'VE POSTED THIS BEFORE... & IT GOES AGAINST WHAT U'VE BEEN ADVOCATING. IT SHOWS THAT IF SOMEONE KEEPS THE HAIR OF THEIR CHILDREN INTACT THEY ARE SIKH WHETHER THEY KEEP THEIR OWN HAIR OR NOT.

KF, WILL U ANSWER THE QUESTIONS I POSTED EARLIER OR NOT? IF NOT, AT LEAST LET ME KNOW SO I CAN STOP WASTING MY TIME.

SORRY ABOUT WRITING IN CAPS, BUT I'VE EXHAUSTED ALL OTHER MEANS OF GETTING A RESPONSE OUT OF U.

ONCE AGAIN... & FOR THE LAST TIME, THE QUESTIONS I HAVE ASKED U EARLIER 2 OR 3 TIMES...

kf, incase u lost my questions in the long post above... here they are again... i look forward to ur reply.

kf hasn't answered the question... he said...

yes he has!

havent read it!.

those are the words of a closed mind... which is especially poignant as u urself said...

how have you become a total bad judge of character, as thats absolute rubbish in my view religious people are the most open minded people, you have to be to accept religion as none of us have seen god and are going by words our gurus have written, and some of us feel religion has touched us aswell to use as proof, but you don't like that i've gone the rite way for seeing things for what it is and thats your problem. I know i've made the rite move and am trying to enlighten you guys but its looks like an impossible task as some of you think your so rite and don't keep an open mind yourselves, its kind of scary as i wouldnt like to think people aint gunna grow there hair after reading views on this thread

The Khalsa Fauj - i dont know what more you can say to convince the monaey on this thread, specially when there so stuck to there views :(

it appears u may have been talking about urself. i have another question for u hs... is there anything anyone could say to u on this thread that could convince u that a mona could be considered a sikh? if not, i don't think there is any point in anyone trying to have a debate with u on the matter.

it appears your wrong, and your question has already been answered and the answer has always been yes from me but it is a question that isn't really important, everyone should be aiming towards being a amritari not trying to be considered a sikh.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

harps ur not gonna get ur moeny back cos like I said before, u dont have to be a sikh to give money.

I just wanted to ask the guys that think u have to have kesh to be a sikh a Q:

if such ppl are not sikhs then why is it that when they pay for an ardas then the Gyani stands up in the Gurdwara and says so and so Singh (who is areally a mona) has given £51 to the Gurdwara etc etc.

Are the gyanis wrong, should we not call these guys singh, or perhaps we should not even mane them in an ardas, what does KF and Hardeep think on this?

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.

har naal pyar - i dont think your question applies to me mate as i've already answered your question above, actually twice now in this thread lol.

the way i see it in your scenario the gyani's are just saying what there names are and there is nothing more to it, what ever there names are they'll say it so i dont think there trying to state wheather a person is sikh or not.

er... no he hasn't... & he admitted so himself, because he's been busy...

hs, are u reading a different thread to the rest of us?? :? :roll:

now that again is an example of how close-minded u are. u urself said...

u seem adamant in ur convictions... yet u HAVEN'T EVEN READ IT!! :shock: hs, u consistently see everyone elses views that contradict or question urs as a sign of close-mindedness... yet u base ur own views on it seems nothing other than blind faith. u also accuse pheena of mistranslating bani without even looking at it urself. someone with an open mind would have read the bani to see what guru ji was saying, instead of simply rejecting it.

i give up! you've even come up with stupidness from what i have written, how'd you do it, actually i dont wanna know! lol

guv you are so totally rite and you know everything, can't wait for the future where every sikh looks like ali g's half brothers with there designer hair cuts and stupid lined dharee's so they can pull all the girls because face it thats the only reason you dont want to keep your hair, they'll be these ali g lookalikes will be worshiping you i suppose! bo lol

guv goodluck in finding the truth as i feel you gunna need it.

anyways bye bye thats the last from me on this thread.

i give up!

that was quick!... u haven't even quoted any evidence for ur beliefs yet! i mean if u had & noone had listened, u could at least say that u've tried.

you've even come up with stupidness from what i have written, how'd you do it, actually i dont wanna know! lol

well u're welcome back anytime if u want to know how i showed the stupidity of ur post.

guv you are so totally rite and you know everything

awww... shucks... u're making me blush :oops:

...u're not being sarcastic are u? :P

can't wait for the future where every sikh looks like ali g's half brothers with there designer hair cuts and stupid lined dharee's so they can pull all the girls because face it thats the only reason you dont want to keep your hair, they'll be these ali g lookalikes will be worshiping you i suppose! bo lol

this is a prime example of ur view of monaey... they're nothing but stupid rude boy gangster wannabes. perhaps u should get out a bit more. i know many monaey who do paath, seva & are pure of heart... much more so, i'm sorry to say, than most amritdharis i know.

guv goodluck in finding the truth as i feel you gunna need it.

thank you very much. hopefully if some ppl stick around & answer my questions (i know there can be a lot, but hey, what can i say... i'm curious!) instead of walking away, i might learn something.

anyways bye bye thats the last from me on this thread.

i sincerely hope it's not... but if so, i hope u've taken away something from it.