sin

At a simple level, I understand the term "sin" to imply doing something that is wrong.

And the "something" I was referring to was to do an action which you weren't sure that you should be doing....and yet doing it because (eg) you want to fit in. Surely this is a sin (from that person's own introspective view)?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if....umm what if you gave money to a begger and he bought poison with that money and commited suicide? what if you helped someone who was drowning and he went on to kill someone? the intention may have been good but the result was bad..but then..how can u really tell what someone's intention is?

Paap...hmm...

in my view, u'll never what the other person's intentions are but if you're intentiosn are good and true from the heart then i don't see it as bad and whether the person commits crimes etc.....after you have helped him/her then that shouldn't be of a concern cuz that other person will have to answer for their actions and only waheguru knows that.

i think we're starting to talk about morality here.

are there any universal moral values that can guide us to what is considered a good deed or a bad deed? what is paap and what is sin?

Guru Granth Sahib tells us this..ill do a bit of checking....see what guruji has to say...

dharam is everything. actions and bhagti will guide us in the after life. right and wrong is always different. cus it depends on the individual and the situation.

lil story i may be wrong help out if any1 knows. krishna and his bro were gona fight this next dude and his bro. the whole audience said this is wrong in the laws of dharam cus krishna was only a child but the other duded was a wrestler and a big bulky man. but what kriashna said was yes in dharama it is wrong in our ages but in our strength and skilll we r eaual so its ok for a man to fight me a child.

the next thing u know the wrestlers got knocked out.

does this help, was it a good example duno. just an example of right and wrong innt. and it all depends on the individual and the situation of the time and place.

so like cybersingh said b4 if its all good from the heart then its all good.

reminds me of a story when a person went to his/her place of worship, and the only thing he/she had to offer God was his/her sins...now the question arises "why sins?"...because sins or paap means paa + aap, paa means to obtain or get, and aap means urself...soo all that u get urself, all those karams that u have urself made a burden on ur head are paap...now whatever 1 offers God is a small portion of what He has given us already...and so offering ur sins is the only thing u can offer, because those are the only things u earned/obtained/got on ur own...i think thats why Gurujee repeatedly asks us in Gurbani to live in Waheguru's will (bhana)...once u let Him guide all ur actions, thoughts and words, u wont worry about sins/paap as all that happens thru u/by u is Him working it out...so where is the place, or where is the question for sins? :)

sorry if i didn't make sense or confused u :D

any1 know if sikhs believe in heaven or hell? i heard they believe in many but maybe i got the wrong end of the stick. from what i know paap comes to this result. the result of how long u will stay in heaven or hell and then come back on earth to try to get mukti.

i think this is more of a morality debate...whats wrong for one person may or may not be wrong for someone else...and thats perfectly normal and natural as different people have different mindsets and standards...to sum it all up, the best way to rid yourself of all this mental and psychological complications and complexities is to NOT feel guilty about anything u may have done (no i didn't say u did something...lol)...accept whatever comes in life as God's will (yeah, i said WHATEVER comes)...if u make up ur mind to do this, life can be a lot more easier...

now about paap, well, i read somewhere that whatever u think, do or say, imagine Guruji with u all the time...if u think He won't like it, then obviously u won't do it...makes sense? :)