Introducing ourselves...

SAadmin

Just anotherSingh, we love people posting extracts from old Sikh literature here. Do your thang!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 11:41 PM, JustAnotherSingh said:

Hello, 18 year old from Amreeka popping in.

Rather like this forum...lots of critical thought that goes  about (even if you have to separate from the noise). Particularly like the analysis of old texts for what they are, even when opposed to our modern views of what Gurmat are. 

I'm personally interested in analyzing contemporary Sikh culture in terms of what our Khalsa ancestors were like. There's a lot of interesting tidbits I could go on even here. For example, in the 1980s, a lot of our intelligentsia was focused on showing that Sikhi's perpetual enemy was the Bahman. In the 1950's and during misl times, we cited the Turk as our greatest fiend. In Britain today, because of the dynamic between Muslims+Sikhs, there tends to be a trend towards that type of thinking, and in Amreeka, it's more between Sikhs and Hindus if anything. Basically-Sikh history is still in formation, even if our ideals of Khalsa have sorta been watered down in the modern

Anyways, just a taste of what I have to say. WJKK WJKF. 

welcome to the forum, bro. I just wanted to say that sikhism doesn't consider a certain group of people as enemies (e.g. Brahmin, etc.) Sikhi only fights against injustice.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, Clown said:

I everyone, I came across this website by chance! After reading some very interesting threads in each segment I decided to join. I am 17, still @school from LA. How’s everyone  doing? 

Good decision to join this forum. Highly educated/intellectual members here.

Are you planning to go to uni soon?

Bhul chuk maaf