Introducing ourselves...

Sat Sri Akal

I hope you all are well.  I'm from Birmingham.  I have completed a degree in BIS (hons)

I work as a 1st line support officer

I like to read things on Sikhi

I practice yoga

I like to play football but don't like to watch it.  Currently looking for a football team to take part

I would like to attain more knowledge in Sikhi and that's what I hope to gain from my experiences here

Thankyou

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, 18 year old from Amreeka popping in. Rather like this forum...lots of critical thought that goes  about (even if you have to separate from the noise). Particularly like the analysis of old tex

Welcome paaji. wjkk wjkf   Bhul chuk maaf

Wjkk Wjkf  I'm Upkaar Singh, I'm 13 about to turn 14 in two days, I'm from America (I wish my birthday was with baba fateh singh ji which is a day before mine) I'm a big fan of 96 Crori Jath

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Kaurtion said:

Sat Sri Akal

I hope you all are well.  I'm from Birmingham.  I have completed a degree in BIS (hons)

I work as a 1st line support officer

I like to read things on Sikhi

I practice yoga

I like to play football but don't like to watch it.  Currently looking for a football team to take part

I would like to attain more knowledge in Sikhi and that's what I hope to gain from my experiences here

Thankyou

Welcome to the forum veer ji !!

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, LetsSee said:

Hi,

I'm passing through.

I'm a Christian, who's recently encountered some Sikhs/Sikhism, who couldn't adequately answer my questions, so, I thought I would join up to get some more info on your faith/belief system.

Thanks! 

First of all i would like to welcome you on the website. Its really good you have chosen to join this site and i do hope you find answers on here related to your questions.

• 1 month later...

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh,

Im amrit, recently graduated studying BSc coomputer science at Birmingham uni! Currently working a  a software test analyst at IT Consulting Company in London.

I get to learn so much from this forum with valuable input from the sangat :)

One of the reason, i love this forum is the admin is pro sikh sampardey and sikh sadhu and allows discussion on this topic, e.g. Dhan Baba Nand Singh ji, Dhan Baba Attar Singh ji, Dhan Baba Sunder Singh ji, Dhan baba isher singh ji. 

If you ever have any question or concern in general, start a topic, my brother and sisters will always be happy to give their views and suggestion which is great way to learn and maybe they will guide you to right direction aswell. 

Bhul chuk maaf

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

I am a pharmacist living in Kent, England. I am basically from punjab and love to listen to gurbani katha during my free time, house chores and driving.  Listening to gurbani has ignited prem in my heart towards WAHEGURU. My and my teenage kids are vegetarians but my husband is very non-veg. I am not Amritdhari but would do that one day.  

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2020 at 8:02 PM, Soulfinder said:

Wjkk wjkf bhen ji its great as we are neighbours as dass lives in East Ham. Its great you hoping to become amritdhari one day as so am i hoping for that day as well. Its really good you have raised your kids as vegetarian as its really hard nowdays due to the modern day kalyug.

Thx bhaaji. Yeah,  i think it is a blessing of Waheguru that my kids are vegetarians. They could not even stand a thought of having non-veg, so i am hoping they would be fine when grown-up as adults. 

I have failed to teach my kids punjabi and gurbani which i regret a lot, but my elder son loves Waheguru and listens to nitnem on you tube in his free time. Hopefully, one day he would follow the right path. I have always prayed Waheguru for him to follow the humanity and charity path. 

11 hours ago, Kaur1510 said:

Thx bhaaji. Yeah,  i think it is a blessing of Waheguru that my kids are vegetarians. They could not even stand a thought of having non-veg, so i am hoping they would be fine when grown-up as adults. 

I have failed to teach my kids punjabi and gurbani which i regret a lot, but my elder son loves Waheguru and listens to nitnem on you tube in his free time. Hopefully, one day he would follow the right path. I have always prayed Waheguru for him to follow the humanity and charity path. 

Thats really good bhen ji that your kids can't stand non-veg which shows you have given a good upbringing. Its ok mistakes get made so its best to look at the good side of things rather than blaming yourself. Try to show your son basics of sikhi videos as he can start building up step by step. I myself hope that he will follow the right path one day.

1 hour ago, WaheguruDaGulam said:

Wjkk Wjkf 

I'm Upkaar Singh, I'm 13 about to turn 14 in two days, I'm from America (I wish my birthday was with baba fateh singh ji which is a day before mine)

I'm a big fan of 96 Crori Jathedar Akali Nihang Baba Surjit Singh Ji and all the nihang dals 

I love to play gatka and also play tabla.

I am getting into simran and bhagti more. I will most likely join buddha dal or any other dal 

I also like to help make shaheedi degh with my brothers. I really love to do sangat of sadhu's and mahapurakhs ( I was going to go to india this month with a mahapurakh and do darshan of Sant giani Mohan Singh ji Bhindranwale but sadly they have went to sachkhand)

GAJKA JAKARA GAJAVE NIHAL HO JAVE FATEH PAVE SAT SRI AKAL
AKAL HI AKAL DEGH TEGH FATEH GURU PANTH KHALSA JI DI HAR MAIDANE HAR DIVAN FATEH

WJKK WJKF

Wjkk Wjkf

Veer Ji first of all i would like to welcome you to this great site. You have made a fantastic decision by joining this website. May Guru Sahib Ji do kirpa on you as you are turning 14. USA is a place I would love to vist one day as I love things about the US a lot.

Dass also like Sri Mann Baba Surjit Singh Ji Budha Dal and other nihang dals.

You are on the right track veer ji especially as you like gatka and play tabla at this age. You will join Budha Dal one day veer ji as you are on the right path at mentioned. Its really good that you have gotten into more simran and bhagati as thats the main purpose for our janam on this earth.

Thats really good you like to do sangat of mahapurshs as dass likes to as well. Dass was very very sad and shocked when Baba Mohan Singh Ji left for sachkand as i read on here i couldn't believe it.

Wjkk wjkf

32 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

Wjkk Wjkf

Veer Ji first of all i would like to welcome you to this great site. You have made a fantastic decision by joining this website. May Guru Sahib Ji do kirpa on you as you are turning 14. USA is a place I would love to vist one day as I love things about the US a lot.

Dass also like Sri Mann Baba Surjit Singh Ji Budha Dal and other nihang dals.

You are on the right track veer ji especially as you like gatka and play tabla at this age. You will join Budha Dal one day veer ji as you are on the right path at mentioned. Its really good that you have gotten into more simran and bhagati as thats the main purpose for our janam on this earth.

Thats really good you like to do sangat of mahapurshs as dass likes to as well. Dass was very very sad and shocked when Baba Mohan Singh Ji left for sachkand as i read on here i couldn't believe it.

Wjkk wjkf

Thank you very much veerji.

May Vaheguru ji do kirpa on you veerji

On 12/12/2020 at 10:53 PM, WaheguruDaGulam said:

Wjkk Wjkf 

I'm Upkaar Singh, I'm 13 about to turn 14 in two days, I'm from America (I wish my birthday was with baba fateh singh ji which is a day before mine)

I'm a big fan of 96 Crori Jathedar Akali Nihang Baba Surjit Singh Ji and all the nihang dals 

I love to play gatka and also play tabla.

I am getting into simran and bhagti more. I will most likely join buddha dal or any other dal 

I also like to help make shaheedi degh with my brothers. I really love to do sangat of sadhu's and mahapurakhs ( I was going to go to india this month with a mahapurakh and do darshan of Sant giani Mohan Singh ji Bhindranwale but sadly they have went to sachkhand)

GAJKA JAKARA GAJAVE NIHAL HO JAVE FATEH PAVE SAT SRI AKAL
AKAL HI AKAL DEGH TEGH FATEH GURU PANTH KHALSA JI DI HAR MAIDANE HAR DIVAN FATEH

WJKK WJKF

I wish you very good luck on this sikhi spiritual path. May all your dreams come true and you get the most out of this human life.  

5 hours ago, Kaur1510 said:

I wish you very good luck on this sikhi spiritual path. May all your dreams come true and you get the most out of this human life.  

Thank you very much Bhenji may waheguru ji bless you.