Guru Gobind Singh worshipped devi???

SAadmin

Ok I just wanted to know from people who think Guru Gobind Singh worshipped devi ??

Why would a Guru who literally cussed traditions of idol worship, worshipping the dead, worshiping the stone in dasam guru granth would do pooja of an devi in his same granth??

I really think, Guru Gobind Singh ji did akaaaaaal di pooja and akaal manifested in form of sword and that's it.. !

I mean, all the sikhs guru's if we look at it from my spiritual/scriptual perspective wanted human being to rise above from all these karam khands by getting rid of dvait(duality) and do only and only pooja of nirankar.

I think Bhai Sahib Kavi Santokh Ji beleived Guru Gobind Singh ji worshipped devi.. he entiled to his own opnion but we can't just follow whatever he has to say blindly...i mean that just ridicolous..who know's what kinda influence he had??

your views please :)

Dvait = duality; advait = nonduality

In my opinion, Guru Gobind Singh followed Kshatriya maryada.Worship and veneration of weapons is part of that maryada.Read His bani, it's chock full of references to weapons and various epithets for the One Goddess Akal.

He just loved weapons!!

this is a difficult subject, because theres many ways of interpreting the veneration Guru had for Devi (as is apparent in Dasam Granth).

His coice of personifying certain aspects of what we call Waheguru as devi is surely one that you could argue is unique to Guru Gobind Singh, as opposed to the earlier Gurus.

In short this is a paradox, and ultimately, yes Guru ji affirms that nirankaar is the highest as he states in the concluding parts of many of his works. However practically (for the Khalsa) the use of such personifcations are priceless.

The most important thing to note in our discussion is the fact that todays Khalsa is not the same one that the bani was intended ofr, hence it probably is the case that such works are more or less irrelevant to the 'evolved' Khalsa we adhere to today.

It's men who are the one's who have a problem with the Devi.I wonder why? :roll:

All through mankinds history men have tried to destroy the Devi.Where is Sophia, the Christian Goddess?Yes, that's right Christian Goddess.Do not deny the Goddess, She and Parbrahm are one and the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Hari, your reference to the Goddess Cult of Mary (and the Lady Fatima) and with it references to other 'feminine principal' societies as put forth by certain new-age movements, historians and conspiracy theorists is valid, for similar 'ideals' that derive from the feminine principle exist throughout the world (i.e. Yoga, Art, Literature, Music, Knowledge, Martial Arts) and all concern the way of Chivalry, hence will clearly impact the Khalsa tradition too, which very much upholds values akin to Chivalry.

These are important to separate from 'devi pooja' as we commonly hear of it in India today (i.e. worship of some deity or idol).

As per the wider question, Guru Gobind Singh did not worship any Devi, anyone can clearly gauge this from his own writings such as Var Sri Durga Ki (Chandi di Var) in which Bhagautee and Chandi are clearly two separate entities which is apparent throughout.

Gurfateh

As Guru and Khalsa worship Akal so all deities serve then.

All demi Gods and Godess are made by Akal to serve humans.

No need to bribe the public servents.

Pay the tribute of your ego to your self by Mercy of Akal to King of Kings who is Akal.

Guru did not worship Devi but made her to serve Khalsa rather compeeled her.Suraj Praksh also hints more on same.

By worship of Akal we can also do the same.

In truth Devi Devta are nothing but attribute of Akal in human brain.

Chandi is the attribute of ruthless speed to destroy.By reading Dasham Granth Ji and Sarbloh Granth Ji often tunes or Raga bring that alive in our mind and we have that attribute in WAR and thats it.

Hari, your reference to the Goddess Cult of Mary (and the Lady Fatima) and with it references to other 'feminine principal' societies as put forth by certain new-age movements, historians and conspiracy theorists is valid, for similar 'ideals' that derive from the feminine principle exist throughout the world (i.e. Yoga, Art, Literature, Music, Knowledge, Martial Arts) and all concern the way of Chivalry, hence will clearly impact the Khalsa tradition too, which very much upholds values akin to Chivalry.

These are important to separate from 'devi pooja' as we commonly hear of it in India today (i.e. worship of some deity or idol).

As per the wider question, Guru Gobind Singh did not worship any Devi, anyone can clearly gauge this from his own writings such as Var Sri Durga Ki (Chandi di Var) in which Bhagautee and Chandi are clearly two separate entities which is apparent throughout.

I never refered to Goddess Cult of Mary.I refered to Sophia.Everyone should know that Var Durga Ki isn't about worship of Durga at all.It praises the mythilogical personality of Durga and her exploits.Durga is your Vivek Buddhi.And you know what Sumbh Nisumbh et al were about.No need for me to explain.

Why do "Sikh" men have a problem with the Divine Feminine but not Divine Masculine.They don't have a problem with masculine names like Hari, Narayan, Vasudev, Madusudan (names of Krishna, another "demi-god" :LOL: ) but they have ants in their pants with names like Jagat Mata and Kaalika.

When will you people learn that there is only the One.

Hari, khalsa is manifestation of all the devi's and devta's.

Hence, that's why you see sikhs don't pay much attention to devi's and devta's.

when people start speaking ill about devi's and devta's that's where problem arises. Because devi's and devta's are also creation of Akaal ..indirectly they are speakin ill of that one as well.

I think you will agree with me, there is nothin wrong with respecting devi's and devta's .. but there is a fine line between respecting and worshiping devi and devta's.

It's good to know about them but putting full attention towards them is not "Gur-Mat"

Sikh of Guru - Gobind Singh is only upasakh of Nirankar and nothing else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

Hari:

1. Please could you state who has a problem with the Devi?

2. Why you do reduce Akal to a goddess in your statement "various epithets for the One Goddess Akal". For avoidance of doubt, please could you clarify this statement.

3. General: Please also read the works of Madanjit Kaur in which she amply addresses the Devi Myth and how it arose and how it gain momentum within the Khalsa of the 18th century.

Hari:

1. Please could you state who has a problem with the Devi?

2. Why you do reduce Akal to a goddess in your statement "various epithets for the One Goddess Akal". For avoidance of doubt, please could you clarify this statement.

3. General: Please also read the works of Madanjit Kaur in which she amply addresses the Devi Myth and how it arose and how it gain momentum within the Khalsa of the 18th century.

Answers:

1. It's usually men who have a problem with Devi (Divine Feminine)

2. Akal is everything.So therefore It is Goddess and God.And neither God nor Goddess.Remeber there is only the One, no other.If you think that Devi (Divine Feminine) or you are seperate from Akal then you are mistaken.

3. Ok, I will read the works of Madanjit Kaur.