Gay and lesbians in sikhism

2 hours ago, sarabatam said:

This issue need to be addressed by panth. It's like big elephant in the room..no one likes to talks about. However, gay and lesbian Sikh marriages are happening more and more in western diasopra. Panth needs to create small and simple ardas ceremony for them ask for blessing in form of ardas. That should be it. They shouldn't be allowed to walk all over anand karaj sanctity. Anand karaj is between male and female.bhai jagraj singh spoken on this topic

But where does it say anand karaj is ONLY between male and female.

14 hours ago, sarabatam said:

perhaps rehitnamas indicate it, paapiman can further verify. It has done intensive reserach on rehitnamas

15 hours ago, Arsh1469 said:

But where does it say anand karaj is ONLY between male and female.

There is a reference to Sikh and Sikhnee (Female) in Bhai Chaupa Singh Rehatnama, which probably implies that Marriage can only take place between a male and a female in a Gurudwara. 

But, we must also not force our values on everyone else (which includes Sehajdhari Sikhs).

Gurparssad, more to come later.

Bhul chuk maaf

3 hours ago, paapiman said:

It is good to use these words (4H's), especially Halalo. This word makes it very clear that the cardinal sin in Sikhi is consumption of Halal (or Kosher, as it is a bit related to Halal) meat.

@GurjantGnostic

Bhul chuk maaf

I agree, it's referring to kutha meat i.e. halal. 

On 9/6/2021 at 7:32 AM, dalsingh101 said:

I agree, it's referring to kutha meat i.e. halal. 

The word "Kutha" can have multiple interpretations bro. And you probably already know how Extremist Lacto-Veggies are going to interpret that word.

That is why, it is very important to use the word "Halalo".

Bhul chuk maaf

• 4 months later...
On 9/6/2021 at 1:01 AM, paapiman said:

There is a reference to Sikh and Sikhnee (Female) in Bhai Chaupa Singh Rehatnama, which probably implies that Marriage can only take place between a male and a female in a Gurudwara. 

But, we must also not force our values on everyone else (which includes Sehajdhari Sikhs).

Gurparssad, more to come later.

Bhul chuk maaf

Agree bro. The expectation for Sehajdhari should be set higher for Sehajdhari than Mona though, or they're the same thing. 

Gay people should just get married. Ardas in front of Sangat maybe but...can one get the same kind of Ardas for all the other kurehits?

If the gay kids can be blessed to commit Paap why can't I? Is the snowball effect. 

I'm all about gay people, being awesome and all, one love. Anand Karaj isn't for that. Get married or better yet just date. Better yet have Anand Karaj and work on your Kaam.