Gay and lesbians in sikhism

12 hours ago, paapiman said:

Which Charitar number? Do you have any idea?

@dalsingh101 @chatanga1

Bhul chuk maaf

read on a site years ago, the site had translations. I cannot find the site now, I might have to manually search. I can message you what happens in the story so you can try and search for it.

On 9/6/2021 at 9:01 AM, paapiman said:

There is a reference to Sikh and Sikhnee (Female) in Bhai Chaupa Singh Rehatnama, which probably implies that Marriage can only take place between a male and a female in a Gurudwara. 

But, we must also not force our values on everyone else (which includes Sehajdhari Sikhs).

Gurparssad, more to come later.

Bhul chuk maaf

2 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Agree bro. The expectation for Sehajdhari should be set higher for Sehajdhari than Mona though, or they're the same thing. 

time for sehajdhari rehitnama Wajabu‘l-Arz to come back!

14 hours ago, paapiman said:

Which Charitar number? Do you have any idea?

@dalsingh101 @chatanga1

Bhul chuk maaf

Nah, can't recall that one specifically. 

25 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

is your messaging turned off?

Just trying to remember the chariter from memory, I might get some parts wrong.

so the story was about a King who used to sleep with beautiful women that came to the palace. This made his wife jealous. His wife collaborated with a man who came to the palace disguised as a woman. Just when the king was about to have relations with this "woman", she got hold of the king and forced him down, and basically performed what can be described as "bum rape".

Would be interesting if someone can find this.

There's...just...something about her adam's apple...so alluring....ack oh God nooooooooooo

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 10:45 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

Yeah we dropped the ball on sexual abuse and homosexuality so far. And making gay Anand Karaj solves none of the problems. 

And our supposed Amritdharis need to put down the bottle, and affairs, and honor Anand Karaj. 

why not let some of the amritdharis practise polygamy again, like they used to during misl period and before all the way back during Guru Hargobind ji's times, starting with Guru Arjan Dev ji arranging 2 rishtas for Hargobind ji after rejecting Chandu's daughter's rishta? I have also had some silly Amrit dhari Singh of a kenya background trying to justify his 2 exes and the serial monogamy of "dating", he said to me "I didn't do anything with them".... 

3 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

why not let some of the amritdharis practise polygamy again, like they used to during misl period and before all the way back during Guru Hargobind ji's times, starting with Guru Arjan Dev ji arranging 2 rishtas for Hargobind ji after rejecting Chandu's daughter's rishta? I have also had some silly Amrit dhari Singh of a kenya background trying to justify his 2 exes and the serial monogamy of "dating", he said to me "I didn't do anything with them".... 

If everyone consents to polygamy who am I to say?

Most people already are. It's called dating and baby mamma drama. 

I would prefer a 1 man 1 woman Anand Karaj. But I understand why families sometimes include more than one wife. 

Done properly polygamy is for the women's benefit not man.