In praise of Vishnu-Krishna Bhagvan (Sargun Vahiguru)

• 13 years later...
On 7/13/2005 at 8:16 AM, karmjeet said:

But this produces a furna in my mind :

Then why did Guru Gobind Singh ji said " Maain na ganesah pritham manayoon kisan bisan kabhoon na dhyayo kaan sune pehchan na tin so liv laagi mori pag inso " (chopai sahib)

"akal purakh ki deh meh kotan bisan mahesh"

"tumhe shaad koi avar na dhyayoon jo bar chaho so tume te paayoon"

"kaal paaye brahma avtara kaal paaye sivju avtara kaal paaye kar bisan prakasa sakal kaal ka kiya tamsa "

all this clearly states that krishan , shivji etc . avtars are not themselves AKAl Purakh .

i think there is a different story with Guru Arjan Dev ji's shabad . which i dunno know .

don't think i m a hater of any god . they all are respectable . and we should respect every faith whether we agree or disagree

" hum nahi change bura nahi koi "

bhul chuk maaf

Haan I can understand why are u confused.. so do read dasm granth and chuabis avatar in dasm granth written by  Shri guru gobind singh ji . Guru sahib has explained all the avatars of vishnu as avatar of param atma or onkar. Who ,he said is shapeless and present everywhere same as madhav(Shri Krishna) told in Sri mad bhagwat geeta. Krishna says to Arjun 'jo main tumhe dikh raha hun vi mera roop nahi hai' I am shapeless and present all over the universe.so gurus have explained those avatar as incarnations of onkar. Onkar word was used by gurus and pramatma word was used by Shri Krishna in geeta. So that's why guru Arjan dev ji had said that worship anyone whether he is rama krishna shiv or waheguru. Worshipping them means you are worship the supreme power who can't be seen but can be felt. But be sure that u have to worship only one and respect all. Hare Krishna. Waheguru.

On 7/30/2005 at 3:06 AM, Balbir Singh said:

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

Hari Ji!

You referred the wonderful Shabad from Gurbani.

You also sent a painting of Sri Krishna.

Please elaborate your views.

Which part of the painting of Sri Krishna represents his character Madhusudan, Damodar, Rikhikesh, Govardhan Dhari, Niranjan etc.

I did not see a flute, a single Gopi or a lion on this picture of Sri Krishna. Why and how this painting represents Him as Murli-Manohar, Gopi-Nath or Narsingh. Please guide me.

Balbir Singh

No one it's Lord Vishnu's pic not of madhav and balbir Singh ji madhav's all leelas can't be represented in one painting.. he is unended. Hare Krishna.

• 1 year later...
On 8/28/2018 at 9:56 AM, jaikaara said:

With due respect to your devotion, of whatever little i have known of Sikhi is. There is respect for the Avatars however worship of any individual Avatar is not in the concept. When you come across names of the various Avatars in Sri Aad Guru Granth Sahib ji, the Bhagats and Guru Sahibs refer to them in context of Akaal Parmatma. 

Also in Sanatan Dharam, the Vedas focus on Nirankaar is what is i have heard. I have heard my father using the terms Microcosm and Macrocosm. The Avatars are the Microcosm is what i have understood. 

No, sanatam dharam focus on avatar as well as nirkar swaroop and on bhagwan roop as well, this one aspect you are missing and this is main i.e. Bhagwan which supreme truth. If you are worshipping nirankar that does not mean you are worshipping some other person... Person is same but knowledge is incomplete. When we say Allah or God or Bhagwan here we personify him which is absolute. And you are saying quotes in gurbani in which they say ram krishna allah or other names are references for nirankar brahm.. Then sorry bro i dont agree with you because there are many examples in Gurbani where even places and events or works done by them are mentioned then you can't say it is reference for nirankar brahm. 

I have some examples of such kind 

Panchali (द्रौपदी) ko raj सभा में ram naam sudh ayi 

Hari ka naam sada sukhdai 

Everyone knows who helped draupdi in rajsabha according to hindu mythology or history whatever but point is he was not nirankar brahm he was personified God which you say is not mentioned in Gurbani 

Second example is from shabd 

Bindraban man haran Manohar krishna charavat gaon re ja ka thakur tuhi saringdhar mohe kabira naam re

Everyone know who grazed cows in vrindavan 

Listen all the lines from this shabd all the activities of personified God are mentioned not of nirankar pramatma who is omnipresent 

Snatna dharam accepts the philosophy of nirankar brahm it is not new.. Even it is mentioned in vedas also that god is omnipresent but but but they also mention bhagwan or personified god is absolute truth and such examples from gurbani also accepts that truth then it's upon you whether you accept this reality or not.. 

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, tva prasad said:

Therefore, Vishnu is not praised as he is subject to death. He is bound by maya due to being satoguni. Prior to him, many Vishnus have served the creation and many will do so after the present Vishnu. So many Krishnas and Ramas have walked the earth. So many yet to come. There is no end to the lord's creation. For he is the creator and the one that manifests as the created. "Brahm mahesar bisan sachipat ant phase jam phaas parenge". Brahm= brahma, mahesar=shiva, bisan= Vishnu, Sachipat= husband of sachi (Indra). Hence, Brahama, shiva, Vishnu and Indra are subject to the noose of the god of death. How, then can they save us from our mortal woes? 

Great answers like this come when the author has no agenda to push.

So does it mean that brahma,vishnu,shiva  are more like positions on the hierarchy rather than the name of an individual deva? Just like it's explained in Benti Chaupai Sahib, "Kal pae brahma bap dhara, kal pae shivju avtara, kal pae kar bisan parkasa, sakal kal ka kia tamasya".

36 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji just a quick scroll i found on the subject about how the avtars are subject to death in sri dasam granth sahib ji bani like akal ustat and bachitar natak

Screenshot_20191117-171943_iGurbani.jpg

Screenshot_20191117-171638_iGurbani.jpg

Utmost truth.

👏👏👏👍👍👍👍

5 hours ago, Jageera said:

Great answers like this come when the author has no agenda to push.

So does it mean that brahma,vishnu,shiva  are more like positions on the hierarchy rather than the name of an individual deva? Just like it's explained in Benti Chaupai Sahib, "Kal pae brahma bap dhara, kal pae shivju avtara, kal pae kar bisan parkasa, sakal kal ka kia tamasya".

Yes, you are right. They are all titles. The next brahma is going to be the present hanuman. The next indra is hoing to be the present king Bali (from Vaman avtar). One of the next sapta rishi is going to be the present Ashwatthama. It all changes. The present indra is called purandra, that is his name. Anyone that does 100 ashwamedha yagyas is crowned indra.

Even hindu granths agree that these devte are bound to birth and death.

https://www.speakingtree.in/blog/brahma-vishnu-and-shiva-are-in-birth-and-death