Singh Ur Massive!

ghost

Goony!! u may not remember me, I remember the days u started training in the basement gym at imperial.......what roids u been taking?!!!lol.

U read the book super squats? also check out www..t-nation.com for honest advice on increasing your poundages. Theres a wikid article on benching big, u have to spend a lot of time searching the site tho. Also check out www.ironmind.com for good articles. U still in hounslow?

Sukh

singh hows it goin!! me and satty were chattin about u 2day and where u had dissappeared to!! satty saw sunny singh at mandeep singh's wedding, brought back memories of the imperial days!!!

that imperial gym was a wicked gym, and u and saty were inspirational - singh bodybuilders!! u not doin as much of it now though r u? if u are we should meet up 1 day 2 train!! singh, i know ure blatently in next level bhakti mode, please share some of it!!

thanks 4 the websites will defo check them out!! but not trainin at the moment, up in nottingham uni doin coursework, all alone in the house...spooky...but otherwise i still live in hounslow and will meet up in the summer? no, im not roidin, simran and protein shakes baby!!!

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Join a decent gym, get proffesional advice, and a key cattered diet for you, write down everything you eat, if your looking for body building low carbs, med fats and HIGH protein. For punjabi diet maybe difficult, unless you wana eat huge amounts of daal everyday with like 1 or 2 rootis, spoon the dhaal down, plus supplements but loads make you fart. Do loads of ardas, listen to bare dasam bani, loads of degh, hit gym, for weight body building you need to pound huge weights less reps like get on a bench press lift massive weights, for good body tone, so same size just toned, lots of cardio plus smaller weights loads of reps and sets increase endurance stamina aswell as lifespan and ability to sit in sangat longer. So all about what you really want you need to get to a gym and get advice read and learn on the topic and apply it, cant just hear all these local kids boosting they can lift this much, and stay away from steroids, they are not the answer they cause heart damage later on in life even small amounts of it. But Gursikhi can aid you in this life style cos its a mental battle to, lifting more after you cant lift anymore, to push yourself within your bodies limits before tearing a muscle(warm ups and cooldowns are very key to avoid that). Do a small warmup for around min 10mins before you train anything streches, cardio etc. But be clear in what you want, focus yourself, write your plan down, write weight, measurements down, get on those forum boards aswell take a few trips to holland and barrets they got loads of protein foods and supplements, nandoos vegiie burgers, rockys vegi burgers. But also remember to be happy with the way akal purkh has made you dont key to much on wanting to change yourself, you are beutiful the way you are. Training makes you feel better, aids simran, aids alot of things in life. But get timing, planing, all right, get a notepad write down your routine stick to it and when it gets to easy move its intensity up

:arrow: How do you get MASSIVE on a veggy diet??

You don't unless you supplement heavily. As a vege (no eggs), you will only go so far.

:arrow: Is there a specific exercise routine anyone has made??

Heavy weights, low reps does the trick.

You don't unless you supplement heavily. As a vege (no eggs), you will only go so far.

Lol. How much do you weigh, and what are your figures for bench, squat and deadlift? You can get everything you need from a vege diet - and that's coming from someone who, in the past, has eaten everything fom antelope to zebra.

• 1 month later...

Lol. How much do you weigh, and what are your figures for bench, squat and deadlift? You can get everything you need from a vege diet - and that's coming from someone who, in the past, has eaten everything fom antelope to zebra.

did you catch the antelope and zebra. haha :P

and no you can't unless you supplement, but you can try, like some of the suckers used to at my old gym. ;)

Edited by randip singh

...and no you can't unless you supplement, but you can try, like some of the suckers used to at my old gym. ;)

Yes you can. What can't you get from a vege diet, provide evidence please ?

Answer the other questions: what do you weigh and what are your numbers? Better still, lets meet up to train maybe followed by a little grappling, it'll be good to compare notes.

Edited by Matheen

Yes you can. What can't you get from a vege diet, provide evidence please ?

Answer the other questions: what do you weigh and what are your numbers? Better still, lets meet up to train maybe followed by a little grappling, it'll be good to compare notes.

You believe whatever you want. You cannot get big and massive be a vege (no eggs) without supplements. Anyone who says they can is a liar.

I only bench squat and deadlift 100 kilo's (on each exercise). I'm 40 now so extrapolate back what I was lifting in my 20's.

No grappling?.....how old are you? :LOL:

Anyone who says they can is a liar.

Take up my offer to meet up then you can judge whether or not I'm massive and decide if I'm a liar.

Yet again, please tell me what you can get from eating meat/eggs/fish that you can't get from a balanced vege diet.

I only bench squat and deadlift 100 kilo's (on each exercise). I'm 40 now so extrapolate back what I was lifting in my 20's.

That's poor even for a 40 year old, but since you have joint issues, it's ok. You're never too old to grapple - my teacher is in his 60s, lol. You said you trained in Judo, so it would good to compare techniques etc.

You believe whatever you want. You cannot get big and massive be a vege (no eggs) without supplements. Anyone who says they can is a liar.

I think someone is getting shaky legs and a stream of yellow liquid running down on the floor. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Take up my offer to meet up then you can judge whether or not I'm massive and decide if I'm a liar.

Yet again, please tell me what you can get from eating meat/eggs/fish that you can't get from a balanced vege diet.

That's poor even for a 40 year old, but since you have joint issues, it's ok. You're never too old to grapple - my teacher is in his 60s, lol. You said you trained in Judo, so it would good to compare techniques etc.

Err yes whatever. It's not poor. It's good for what I need to do. You are talking juvenile nonsense. It is enough weight to maintain fairly good strength without putting pressure on my joints. But hey you would know that if you knew ANYTHING about training.

Back to topic

So you do not supplement?

I think someone is getting shaky legs and a stream of yellow liquid running down on the floor. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Legpress boy.

You believe whatever you want. I have met enough internet warriors and real life gimps to last me a life time. I do not take people on the internet seriously.

Err yes whatever. It's not poor.

It is if you've been training for almost 20 years. 40 is not old, especially for powerlifters.

Back to topic

So you do not supplement?

I have in the past, but even then only for short periods and that when I was on the brink of being overtrained through a very hard schedule including weight lifting, bjj, wrestling and hockey. Now I just eat in a way that ensures I get everything from food - works out cheaper as well.

So, you up for training? I'm in London most days.....

It is if you've been training for almost 20 years. 40 is not old, especially for powerlifters.

I do not powerlift. Haven't for many years.

100 kilo's for deadlift, squat and bench is good for general fitness.

I have in the past, but even then only for short periods and that when I was on the brink of being overtrained through a very hard schedule including weight lifting, bjj, wrestling and hockey. Now I just eat in a way that ensures I get everything from food - works out cheaper as well.

So, you up for training? I'm in London most days.....

Ok let me get this right.

You are only on a vegetarian diet no eggs, and you compete at the highest level in power lifting competitions?

You use no roids and you don't supplement. If this is what you are saying then I don't believe you.

and

Why would I want to come to London to train with you? I have nothing to prove, but you clearly do.

Learn a bit of humility and curb the ego friend.

Use people like this:

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/health-and-n...dybuilding.html

as inspiration.

Another little anecdote for you, I see many Singh's coming into the gyms and many believe what you write i.e. they will become big and awesomely strong by a pure vegetarian diet (no eggs). When after 6 months (if they last that long), they are still yellow and skinny and cannot understand why nothing happens, you should write a book for them. Best wishes.

Fateh!

Mac Danzig (MMA guy) is a vegan and does pretty well in his sport.

There's a powerlifting guy on the veganfitness.net board that totals over 1500lbs at 242lbs.

Tiffany Croker is a vegetarian powerlifter who was twice under 18 British powerlifting champion & Britains strongest teenager.

Good info here: http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/links.htm

Nice little FAQ on vegetarian bodybuilding: http://www.geocities.com/alanmcclure3/index.html

Regards,

K.

I do not powerlift. Haven't for many years.

100 kilo's for deadlift, squat and bench is good for general fitness.

Ok let me get this right.

You are only on a vegetarian diet no eggs, and you compete at the highest level in power lifting competitions?

You use no roids and you don't supplement. If this is what you are saying then I don't believe you.

and

Why would I want to come to London to train with you? I have nothing to prove, but you clearly do.

Learn a bit of humility and curb the ego friend.

Use people like this:

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/health-and-n...dybuilding.html

as inspiration.

Another little anecdote for you, I see many Singh's coming into the gyms and many believe what you write i.e. they will become big and awesomely strong by a pure vegetarian diet (no eggs). When after 6 months (if they last that long), they are still yellow and skinny and cannot understand why nothing happens, you should write a book for them. Best wishes.

Matheen is showing complete humility here. IT's only you who keeps on going. Meat make you big, I lift lot, I am arnold schwarzenegger Jeaaaaaaa. :LOL:

All of a sudden the man who said he beat up skinheads has nothing to prove. THis doesn't make sense. The guy who keeps on going meat diet only can make you big has nothing to prove.

This is one funny guy. He's in shock that vegetarians can lift more than him. :LOL: What's next he'll find out that the world is round and fall into complete shock. :LOL:

Take care man :LOL:

While it's nice to get big, it's not worth doing so at the cost of possible serious long term illnesses. A person can gain on a vegetarian diet while avoiding the health risks involved with meat. Even white meat is very high in cholesterol.

I refer you to the China Study, the largest study ever conducted on diet and health which found that the healthiest, longest lived people were vegan, while vegetarians were next for health, trailed by meat eaters.

Another excellent resource is a book called "Eat to Live" by Dr. Fuhrman. It advocates a completely (or mostly) vegetarian diet as a key to health and is backed up by numerous studies. He also critiques some meat eater diets. You can check out reviews of the diet around the web and on Amazon to see the difference it made in people's health (and not just their weight).

Another point worth noting is that meat consumption interferes with spiritual growth. When we start meditating much of this energy is used in clearing obstructions in our energy channels. The energy channels transport life energy/prana/chi analagous to how blood vessels transport blood. Obstructions in these vital channels leads to disease. Heavy foods like meat cause blockages, they interfere with the cleansing process. This means that far more of the energy from meditation would be needed to cleanse these pathways, that energy could then not be used in enlightening the meditator. It's better to support bhagti with a proper diet conducive to the physical purification which is a part of the spiritual purification of bhagti. That being said, merely avoiding meat isn't good enough. One needs to also avoid/reduce toxins in foods, junk foods, and overly artificial foods as these also will slow down the process. Hence, we can see why a sattvic diet is emphasized.

Additionally, eating of meat creates karma, which just adds to the store of karm that must be paid off, further delaying progress in another way.

they are still yellow and skinny and cannot understand why nothing happens, .....

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Veera, you claimed that vegetarians cannot be strong. I claimed otherwise. The ultimate proof would be training side by side, and I wasn't saying that we meet to compete with each other, but to learn from each other. You also mentioned that you trained in Judo for years, so again, I could learn something and it's always good to train with Singhs. I thought you were already in London, hence the offer.

The skinny, yellow guys are probably not eating well and training wrong most likely by following routines out of Flex etc.

Anyway, enough talking.

Edited by Matheen

Fateh!

Mac Danzig (MMA guy) is a vegan and does pretty well in his sport.

There's a powerlifting guy on the veganfitness.net board that totals over 1500lbs at 242lbs.

Tiffany Croker is a vegetarian powerlifter who was twice under 18 British powerlifting champion & Britains strongest teenager.

Good info here: http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/links.htm

Nice little FAQ on vegetarian bodybuilding: http://www.geocities.com/alanmcclure3/index.html

Regards,

K.

He supplements heavily. Thats my point.