Cloning.....

SAadmin

just wanted to know what you guys think a sikhi perspective on cloning would be. is it only the right of god to produce organisms or can man play its part too? i mean even if humans produce the physical form, the soul will still be instilled by god right? so we not really interfering too much? isnt it just the same as medicine? we can try to prolong physical life as long as we can but eventually its god who decides when to take it?

i think its completely wrong. we shoudlnt meddle with waheguru. banis says 4 or 5 origins of life i think - womb born, egg born, sweat born, soil born and something else lol......none of those is test tube born.

Dear brothers KS and Nitrogen Oxide Singh :),

Cloning is not against Sikhism as long as it is used for good. Also remember, with this new technology we will be able to wipe out all the diseases in the world, as well as all the filth and perversions like homosexuality and pedophilia, we can alter the genetic make up of humans to make sure everyone turns out normal! Waheguru gave us the most pro-science religion, we should use it for the good of all humanity.

Kind Regards,

MI

P.S. All of you are forgetting that God created energy, we are all made up of energy, it is a scientific fact that ENERGY cannot be created or destroyed as this would violate the Physcal law of energy conservation! Therefore this is not really going against God! We are only taking the existing material/energy and 'making' better humans, this is doing God's work!

fateh ji

a nice reply MI - but im kinda confused now.. isnt tryin to create another human more or less "tryin to play gods role"....

and when some animals and stuff have been cloned... they die very quickly???.... i dunno about u - but i kinda see this as a way that its not right for us to tamper about with creating humans

but im also confused on the fact that a soul takes its place within this cloned body... if this cloning was against wahegurus hukam.. the soul would not be entering the body of this cloned entity

i agree with all types of medicine to heal and cure people.... but im not too sure about cloning.... however.... even tho the bodies may look the same... the souls are different aint they..... so it aint exactly cloning of a person just their genetic structure...

oh man - im even more confused now :shock:

fateh ji

a nice reply MI - but im kinda confused now.. isnt tryin to create another human more or less "tryin to play gods role"....

and when some animals and stuff have been cloned... they die very quickly???.... i dunno about u - but i kinda see this as a way that its not right for us to tamper about with creating humans

but im also confused on the fact that a soul takes its place within this cloned body... if this cloning was against wahegurus hukam.. the soul would not be entering the body of this cloned entity

i agree with all types of medicine to heal and cure people.... but im not too sure about cloning.... however.... even tho the bodies may look the same... the souls are different aint they..... so it aint exactly cloning of a person just their genetic structure...

I agree totally wiv you :D

I must say that the soul is everlasting while the body is not, so even if a clone is made then it will have a soul because the body is just a carrier. And I agree that cloning should be ok because god created everything including humans knowing what we would be capable of, god would most likely not have given us such options if god was adamantly opposed to such things, and I also believe in the theory of evolution as from a scientific stand point it is quite diffuclt to ignore (I feel that god created life to be an ever chaning, ever adapting concept, and that we humans are not all that are dear to god, life in general is). Please correct me if my views are wrong, as I do not want a false perception of the beliefs of sikhism.

fateh ji

Firstly I would like to say, relax bro, do not worry, Sikhism is fully compatible with science! Infact it is the ONLY religion compatible with science. :) Also, I agree with infernal monk about his points regarding Sikhism and evolution and God's permission for us to find the truth... Any way, back to the point and no bro steel bangle, we are not playing God's role, do you think that God's role is so small that in a vast universe of such enormus size, he is only worried about us puny creatures (Humans)? lol He has alot of other important work to do! :)

Bro, they only die quickly because we do not know how to clone properly, if God did not want us to do it, he would have made it impossible, like breaking the laws of Physics, it is impossible to break these laws! :)

but im also confused on the fact that a soul takes its place within this cloned body...

Brother, the mechanism for the soul entering the body is the same regardless of how the human is produced. For example, when a man and a woman have sex, the baby that is born is still made by them right? I am being simplistic in order to avoid confusion... This baby wasn't made DIRECTLY by God was it? All that happened was that a sperm joined an egg (SGGS also says this!) causing fertilization resulting in the formation of an embryo! This embryo then develops in to a baby which is born 9 months after conception... Well, all that happens in cloning is that they do the same thing, but replace the DNA of the mother and father with that of another person/animal, so instead of a baby with the characterisitics of the mother and father being born, a baby with the characteristics of the person whose DNA was injected in to the egg is born! :) Sounds confusing but it's not if you truly understand science. The baby that is born is a REAL person, it just looks like another person, but it has it's OWN SOUL and PERSONALITY! :) This process in no way violates God's natural laws (laws of physics)! However, one may ask, is it ethical to do such a thing? Is it right to make someone look a certain way? Who are we to decide such things about another person? These are the tough questions. Also, the only people who are against cloning are the Christians, Muslims and Jews, as it totally contradicts their garbage religions lol That's why they are against it...

if this cloning was against wahegurus hukam.. the soul would not be entering the body of this cloned entity

Brother, exactly, but it is NOT against Waheguru's hukam in the sense of his Physical laws, but it MAY be against his MORAL/ETHICAL laws!

YOU GOT IT!!! :) The person from the inside has a DIFFERENT SOUL, only the genetic structure and the outward appearence is the same!

It's ok, I am from a scientific background, I will help you out if you are stuck! :)

Kind Regards,

MI