Sikhi view on euthanasia???

what do u guys think??

if a person is really suffering and want a death... would u help him to commit euthanasia?? i know laws in forgein country are against euthanasia..how about in some village in india though?? person is suffering.. and there is a lack of treatment...

what would u do in that case???

same as the abortion topic.... no one has the right to take anyones life apart from god himself

if ur going to die a slow death u will have to - u cannot take wahegurus hukam into ur own hands and end someones life - if in this situation, u should do ardas for the person and hope the best for them..

my gran was 95 years old when she passed away, and we had such a hard time lookin after her - she herself cudnt walk properly cos of old age and lack of lookin after herself when she was in india - so we basically had to do every little thing for her - she became very ill in the winter and went to hospital.. she stayed tehre for about 6 months - cos she was old her immune system couldnt fight the illness and make her better.. so after a while they sent her to a long term illness hospital.. she cudnt recognise who was who and was more or less jus lyin there doin nuttin

first time we went to see her at the long term place... my mom did an ardas for her at her bedside... as she finished, my gran let out a like gasp of air.... my mom never took any notice of it...

as soon as we got back home... the telephone rang.. and the nurse said my gran had passed away... :cry: i very strongly believed in behnti from waheguru to put someone out of their misery in these situations after i expereineced this.... whether it was co-incidence or not - i dunno, but taking someones life is waheguru da hukam...

bhul chuf maafi

fateh

wjkk,wjkf

life isn't an easy game; our bodies deteriorate as well as our minds; but we don't & shouldn't attempt to exercise any control in ending someones life.

as steel bangle veer stated clearly & concisely;

u cannot take wahegurus hukam into ur own hands

i know first hand that it isn't easy having seen relations pass after suffering many years of cancer / parkinson’s disease - my young cousin has had more operations then birthdays; she's in & out of great ormand street hospital. her road has been tough not just for her but for all the close family; but this all links back to karam, euthanasia is not an option.. nothing happens by accident...

bhul chuk maaf

wjkk,wjkf

Guest kaur1699

if ur going to die a slow death u will have to - u cannot take wahegurus hukam into ur own hands and end someones life - if in this situation, u should do ardas for the person and hope the best for them..

Very well said... Its all in God's hands...

Euthanasia is wrong because we should help to preserve life not take it away. If someone was suffering then I would give them drugs like morphine etc. to ease their pain, I would also go out of my way to help them live their life, afterall, what is the point of family or true friendship? God forbid, but if my brother or best friend were in such a condition, I would never give up on them, I would make their lives as good as possible until they passed on naturally! That is the best way and it is the Sikh way... As for abortion, I am totally against it as it is currently performed, it makes my blood boil when some stupid women say that it is their body and they can do what they like, these ignorant fools don't realise that the baby they carry is a human being in it's own right and not OWNED by the mother who is merely a carrier! :evil: :evil: :evil: I hope President Bush BANS all partial birth abortions, as these are just MURDERS, plain and simple!

Kind Regards,

MI

• 2 months later...

If someone was suffering then I would give them drugs like morphine etc. to ease their pain

Isn't Morphine a intoxicant and hence against Gurmat. Why not ask him to listen to Gurbani and Vichaar ? :)