Does black magic, demons and all that exist????????????????

K4ur

Fateh,

From what I know people still believe in black magic. I think in Punjabi it’s called ‘tuna’ (please correct me if I’m wrong). Back in the days (now also) if you wish something bad to happen upon someone you would go to people who provide black magic services (hehe, i don't know what these people call themselves) and follow their instructions. Can you believe that people actually try to put tuna on the Gurudwara? :shock: Last Diwali I went to the lunger hall to stack the dal and milk in the kitchen. I came across this bag which had a packet of dal open and it had a tiny bit of some other dal mixed with it. It also had nails in it! I was shocked I didn’t know what it was. So I showed it to the Baba who was in the kitchen, and he wasn’t surprised at all, he showed me a few other packets that were similar to the one I found. He told me that someone was trying to do “tuna”, wish something bad upon someone so that they will get what they want. It was sad :( but it was kind of funny also, I mean doing black magic on the Sangat. I mean how can something so ridiculous help you get what you want when you’re trying to harm Guru’s Sangat? Wouldn’t it be more reliable to do Ardas and wish the best for others and also ask for what you want from the Guru?

:roll:

Bhul chuk mauph

Fateh

Well, I'm clearly not as informed as the rest, but from what i was taught, I grew up not believeing in anything but god..sure as a kid i may have been scared of monsters and such, but they aren't real. I was taught that only god is real, and that bhoot, black magic, etc... don't exist. I know sikhism does not believe in superstitions, and this to be seems like a superstition.

Black magic is a total load of BS! It is scientifically absurd, there is no such thing. Also, Sikhism says that it is BS too! So just ignore it and get on with your life! :)

Kind Regards,

MI

true I do agree.

But when u go 2 Plaaces such as Southall..n stuff..

I read All sorts of "baba"

Ajmeeri baba etc etc wiv all sorts of ads..

stating :

tvade sare dukha da Illaj 72 kanteya vich

L O L

Is All I'll say about dat :P

oz they "use"black magic n stuff

n Hwat surprises me da most is dat

Guru's Sangat Visits there

n believes in all dat kinda ..yeS "BS" as Mr MI Stated it :P

I can't belive thta these ppl have more faith in these "babas" than in SGGSJ!!

Surprises me! :evil: :evil:

Personally I agree wiv Mr "Mi"

uhm dont agree in Black Magic etc...its all "BS" :P

Bro Mr. Singh,

I appreciate your kind support, but could you please enlighten me as to why so many Punjabi Sikhs speak "Ebonics" like African Americans? I don't understand this bizzare behaviour at all, I am at a loss to explain it! :) As a white person I would feel INSULTED by another white person speaking to me in such an inferior way. "Ebonics" degrades the language of my ancestors (English) and makes one appear uncilvilised! Why does a SUPERIOR culture (PUNJABI) imitate and INFERIOR culture (GHETTO)? No, I don't mean you, coz I know that you are just being lazy probably lol :)

Kind Regards,

MI

P.S. Please note, I said GHETTO CULTURE not African American RACE! All humans are equal! :)

Bro Mr. Singh,

I appreciate your kind support, but could you please enlighten me as to why so many Punjabi Sikhs speak "Ebonics" like African Americans? I don't understand this bizzare behaviour at all, I am at a loss to explain it! :) As a white person I would feel INSULTED by another white person speaking to me in such an inferior way. "Ebonics" degrades the language of my ancestors (English) and makes one appear uncilvilised! Why does a SUPERIOR culture (PUNJABI) imitate and INFERIOR culture (GHETTO)? No, I don't mean you, coz I know that you are just being lazy probably lol :)

Kind Regards,

MI

P.S. Please note, I said GHETTO CULTURE not African American RACE! All humans are equal! :)

Lol

da thing is dat ....Look I think dat it depends on Both dat I'm Lazy and dat I live in Sweden...And Study in an American School

and dat I'm a Bit lazy :P

lol:P

It may or may not eixit, but generally if we dont let it get stop us with what we want to do (i.e pay no attention to it), we can beat it, it is the fear of some1 doing magic on us that makes it works.

Linked with suffering, it can be a sort of magic that people to do cause us to suffer, but there is no such thing. It only exists in the badly shaped brain/head/pimple (or whatever you want to call it) or yours. (mun)

to MI, on the language issue, stop paying so much attention to the language. No one is perfect, and let people do as they wish. We are punjabi so english isn't even part of our culture, so we should all speak punjabi instead, oh but wait the current punjabi is so heavily influenced by hindi that it is no longer the same..SGGS is not written in the "modern punjabi". All I'm trying to say is that don't concentrate so much on the language rather the SGGS and it's message. Nothing else matters if you love god, god is not quite so judgemental.

to MI, on the language issue, stop paying so much attention to the language. No one is perfect, and let people do as they wish. We are punjabi so english isn't even part of our culture, so we should all speak punjabi instead, oh but wait the current punjabi is so heavily influenced by hindi that it is no longer the same..SGGS is not written in the "modern punjabi". All I'm trying to say is that don't concentrate so much on the language rather the SGGS and it's message. Nothing else matters if you love god, god is not quite so judgemental.

true said..

focus more on the Subject pelase :P

and hey..If it pleases you.,,, I'll write in Normal English ;):P

but please focus on the Subject instead.

• 3 weeks later...
even if these things actually DO exist somewhere.. as long as u chant the name of waheguru... these things can never come near u or affect u :D
My parents are amritdhari and strongly believed in the above statement. However our hindu neighbour went to quite extremes to do tuna on our family. I have lots of examples of some sort of evil influences in our home during those times. From finding my sister, brother and myself covered in blood when none us had cuts to seeing and hearing horrific images and sounds. No need to go into so much detail as I wouldn't believe it if you were telling me. Anyhow, for the longest time my parents refused to accept what was happening as they were amritdhari and did not accept such things exist. It was only then a very Chardi Kahla family member who was able to inform us and help us through those times. We never paid for any "ghost" removal services as we fully believe anyone who has gifts that they can share with those who do not should not be billing others. This situation haunted our family for about 10 years. It was with the grace of God that got us through it all and the combined effort of all our prayers and help from those who have been blessed with the awareness of entities that most cannot see or feel. I think we are not to believe in these evil forces in context, go and participate or wish them upon anyone, but we must acknowledge that evil exists and we can be susceptable to it. It is ignorant to shrug it off and say no there is no such thing.

Gurfateh

Guru uses words such as Danav alot in Gurbani - that means demon. also, ghosts, gods, demigods etc. are mentioned...no where are we told to worship such things. the question is, is Guru using flowery language to make a parable-stkle point...or does the Guru mean these things in a literal sense?

i've read various quite contemporary sakhian regarding the jeevans of some amazing Gursikhs and there are many references to what one would call 'supernatural' occurrences involving supernatural entities/energies...in some cases, some very negative energies.

we have to ask ourselves, does Guru just mention these things as 'figures of speech'...or metaphors etc.? if the answer is yes then the issue stops there.

incidentally i've heard one well known contemporary 'scientific' author say that the Guru does not teach the theory of reincarnation...but instead evolution.

the power of interpretation, and the role it plays, should not be underestimated - we all look at things differently.

so i declare my bias...personally, i believe in reincarnation and more relevantly, i also believe that just as we live upon a material plane which is governed by certain laws and scientific phenomena, there are other planes of existence i.e. things such as 'ghosts' and 'demons' do exist in parrallel to us.

we could refer to them as entities without physical bodies...without a 'gross existence'. in our past lives, we may even have existed as such entities according to our Karama.

according to the Guru, if we are in love with our properties and dominions, then we will be incarnated as ghosts - does that remind anyone of haunted houses...where it seems 'previous occupants' can't seem to let go of the building, and go ont to cause havoc with those people staying there...?

we must ask where within Gurbani does the Guru say "these things do not exist" - for me it boils down to that simple equation.

i believe such things exist because the Guru tells me they do - it is my intepretation of The Teachings. i used to be an atheist and did not believe in any such 'superstitious' things but now i do...

i write the following quite reluctantly but do so because upon reflection, i genuinely believe that the positive implications of sharing this experience outweigh the negative...

i have had one experience in my life where some sort of negative force was involved...sure, poeple can say it was imagined but i would humbly differ. it was only by chanting The Infinitely Glorious Naam in a state of Guru-Blessed fearlessness that this strange experience ended i.e. this energy/entity instantly departed...if it had been left to this murakh, he would have cacked his pants and asked for mummy!

for me, what Guru Ji teaches is that such things DO exist but when we start getting scared and/or lack faith in Vaahiguru then we are susceptible to them, as well as ALL OTHER FORMS of negativity. remember, this includes choot, nindiya, kaam, karodh etc.

black magic and all that 'other crap' is for people who wish to harness negativity...it can work upon a mental level; mind games etc. they may even be able to actually call upon various negative entities but the underlying point remains the same:such things cannot even pinch the bum of a Gursikh...

Gursikhs laugh with Guru's Kirpa in the face of all such pathetic, immature, maya-infested, ego-led activities...why???...

because where the Naam is sincerely espoused and meditated upon, negativity simply cannot exist there...it is like two poles of a magnet, they can't stay in the same place. Guru teaches us this over and over again.

can i leave everyone with the following brief synopsis of a 'contemporary story'...

an acquaintance of Bhai Randhir Singh's was involved with the freedom movement. however, he had actually killed someone in order to steal their money...at the time he felt this was warranted as the money would be used 'for a higher cause'. he wasn't especially spiritual but whilst in jail he had come in contact with Sikhi, and so this had led to some spiritual changes.

this man had developed a serious physical illness and was clearly nearing his end. he relayed to Randhir Singh how he could not get any sleep at night because the ghost of the person he had callously murdered kept appearing and making lots of noises, banging the roof and scaring him...taunting him about his upcoming death.

many other Sikhs supported his testament by saying that they too could hear lots of banging and other strange noises coming from his room during the night.

Randhir Singh discussed his friend's actions with him and concluded that he must patiently suffer this ordeal because he had brought it upon himself...he must pray to Vaahiguru and beg for forgiveness.

what is most interesting about this stoery is the following: this man would constantly beg Randhir Singh to sit at his bedside and to recite Gurbani...becaue he said that upon seeing Bhai Sahib, the ghost would flee immediately and when he left, the ghost would return to carry on with his relentless torture.

for me the story provides the following ; ofcourse, thats only if we accept that Randhir Singh was telling the truth and not making this all up:

- such entities DO exist and like all of us are bound to, and play a part within, the ongoing 'wonderful drama' that is governed by karama.

- this ghost did exist because other people independently verified that they could hear noises and other happenings emanating form the same room; these descriptions tallied with the affected man's account.

- when a Gursikh, who was really into his Sikhi, entered the room...the poles of the magnet could not co-exist....positivity overpowered negativity...the ghost had no option but to flee the room - such is Vaahigurus Hukam.

and now after this long mail, i hear you ask with a severe tone of frustration in your voice : 'whats the moral of this longwinded story!!!!"...

> they should have cast a Gursikh as the priest in the Exorcist films...u know there wouldn't have been any sequels because that girl wouldn't have stood a chance!!!

Gurfateh

Sat Sri Akal:

There is this line in Jaap Sahib:

Tribhavan maheep sur narr asur naet naet bann trin kahet.

Kings of the three worlds (Powerful kings), gods, people, demons, and even grass and straws call You Limitless. (You are Limitless).

Jaap Sahib, Chhapaae Chhand Tav Parsad (first verse).

• 12 years later...
On 17 June 2003 at 05:29:51, Darsh2k said:
Steel Bangle said:
even if these things actually DO exist somewhere.. as long as u chant the name of waheguru... these things can never come near u or affect u :D

My parents are amritdhari and strongly believed in the above statement. However our hindu neighbour went to quite extremes to do tuna on our family. I have lots of examples of some sort of evil influences in our home during those times. From finding my sister, brother and myself covered in blood when none us had cuts to seeing and hearing horrific images and sounds. No need to go into so much detail as I wouldn't believe it if you were telling me. Anyhow, for the longest time my parents refused to accept what was happening as they were amritdhari and did not accept such things exist. It was only then a very Chardi Kahla family member who was able to inform us and help us through those times. We never paid for any "ghost" removal services as we fully believe anyone who has gifts that they can share with those who do not should not be billing others. This situation haunted our family for about 10 years. It was with the grace of God that got us through it all and the combined effort of all our prayers and help from those who have been blessed with the awareness of entities that most cannot see or feel. I think we are not to believe in these evil forces in context, go and participate or wish them upon anyone, but we must acknowledge that evil exists and we can be susceptable to it. It is ignorant to shrug it off and say no there is no such thing.

I totally agree with the above said as I am suffering from it right now and black magic of all sorts has been done to me and my family . Especially me by some jealous people in india . I too didn't believe first and shrugged it off till the time it has taken a strong grip on my life . I really need to do something about it and wax trying to find answers in sikhi but unfortunately there isn't anything like exorcist services they have in the churches or amongst the Muslim religion . Sikh and Hindu protection is a very basic level but if you are a victim you really have to go outside your faith for a cure . It's very unfortunate but pls do not underestimate or shrug off the effects of evil eye , black magic , jinn possession etc . It does exist and can harm you and your loved ones in a very big way . If you're not touched by it then you are fortunate enough . If you are fortunate enough to be born and bred outside india as a Sikh then you are not likely to have experienced so much evil as you could have had you been born and bred in india . Waheguruji ka Khalsa waheguruji ki fateh 

3 hours ago, Guest said:

. I really need to do something about it and wax trying to find answers in sikhi but unfortunately there isn't anything like exorcist services they have in the churches or amongst the Muslim religion . Sikh and Hindu protection is a very basic level but if you are a victim you really have to go outside your faith for a cure . It's very unfortunate but pls do not underestimate or shrug off the effects of evil eye , black magic , jinn possession etc . 

Guest jee: Sikhism can cure all types of problems, which includes the effects of evil eye, black magic, jinn possession, etc. You don't need to go outside of your faith for any cure. In fact, Gurbani has the most powerful mantars; no other religion has such powerful mantars.

Bhul chuk maaf

4 hours ago, Guest said:

I totally agree with the above said as I am suffering from it right now and black magic of all sorts has been done to me and my family . Especially me by some jealous people in india . I too didn't believe first and shrugged it off till the time it has taken a strong grip on my life .

Guest jee, have you heard of Sampat Paath? Is your family Amritdhari? Does your family consume meat/eggs/any type of intoxicants?

Bhul chuk maaf