SIKH STUDENT CAMP '05

ghost

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

benice to get some feed back off khalsa campers? when i had the choice of going to either i was told that Khalsa camp is for those who have taken amrit so thats y i went to Sikh student....

really? :shock:

why would they say such terrible thing it's only for amritdhari sikhs like they have manoply over god?

ea games it would be nice if u get a akhand paath with every1 partaking.

btw it was nihang singhs that started of akhand paath sahibs in the dal when they traveled.

k names well there were ermmm only a few nihang singhs at the camp. from photos it looks like many about 30-50. but my manz on d msn have told me there deffo weren't many.

names hmm well some were amritdhari and some r sehjdhari and every1 knows who they are. like ea games was saying the nihang singhs r all masculine. hmm is that the right spelling. most of them r from the west midlands, central of the uk. both amritdhari and sehjdhari. of course a few live outside the west midlands area.

this is what i've been told and it sounds true to me but i may be wrong. just agreeing with the following from the actions of the organisers of the camps:

sikhi camp- if u don't agree with anything sant jarnail singh says u r a bad person and u will be hated or in a indirect way kept an eye on. if u believe in sants and thier views and ur views r different to mehta chowk then u will be put in the same boat. if u r a person who is just getting into sikhism then u will told to believe in mehta chowk reht.

nihangs singhs need not apply. cus sikhi camp organisers hate true nihang singhs such as baba santa singh. could quote many more names but u know d boyz already.

sikhi camp had a few years gap for not being on. it is not as exciting and friendly as it once was.

khalsa camp- thats a brilliant camp but same as sikhi camp but kahlsa camp organisers follow the akj reht. so same as above. ppl loved khalsa camp more than sikhi camp. well from what ppl have told me. and i mean monai non sikhs whatever u wanna call them. i call them sikhs.

now now now ppl stop getting ur kachis in a twist. i'm just saying from what i believe and have been told, and from what i have seen online and the actions of ppl. many will u agree with me and many of u disagree.

can ppl who have gone to these camps give their opinion.

love ppl love. y don't u sikhs relise. now give each other a hug. :)

i c no more emos have been put on. damn admins and their chuglia. :twisted:

• 3 weeks later...

WHAT A NOVEL IDEA!

It's BACK! ....

SikhStudent Camp for the 4TH YEAR RUNNING - August 21st -27th

So what is SikhStudent Camp really about?

Sikh Student Camp is 7 days of pure bliss with sports, activities, langar, kirtaan, meditation and discussions, plus something “extra” that you may not find in your local Gurdwara

As well as this, camp gives you a chance to learn and chill out and with people of your age that would like to learn more about their roots. Remember, we're all students. We've been through schools, college, several retakes and uni, so don't worry about trying to fit in... We're the same as you !!

Everyone has experiences to share, and knowledge that can help others, the camps have amazing effects and can be a real catalyst for improvements in life, Let's call it a "Spring board" into the Soul, through education and understanding and a wicked time. (hey no guarantees but try it out - get yah forms and cheques in!)

What SikhStudent Camp is NOT about!

1. Its NOT about forcing sikhi down your throat...! Its a chance to see a whole new side of YOUR philosophy, at your own pace, and in a language that you understand !!! (What a novel idea....) We dont care if you cut your hair or not. No scary singh with a big beard is gonna tell you to grow your hair, stop smoking/drinking....etc. Thats up to you. This is not about making you into better sikhs, only you can do that. This camp is about giving you a chance to chill, debate, learn, play footie and relax with other sikhs. This camp is run by STUDENTS !!! So what'ya worried about.....?

2. Its NOT about making your parents happy. Hey.....this is about YOU! This is something thats only gonna benefit you. What is that Steel Bangle on your arm for? What does sikhi say about life after death? Why do we eat langar? Why do we wear orange?? Do you care enough to learn about yourself....?

3. It NOT only about sikhi. Visit the website (www.sikhstudent.org) to see some of the wicked things we get upto in the week, Yoga, Archery, Gladiators, Football, Bouncy Castles, and of course the world famous "Operations ALoo" !!! The Sikh Student Camp aims to give you a fuller experience. We have successful sikh professionals from various professions (like Accounting, Construction, Consultancy, IT, Police, Army, Medicine, Dentistry, Multimedia...etc) all ready to help you. Find out what life is really like as a sikh in the 'Real World'. And remember, they are all recent graduates, so there know what you're going through.

So What You Waiting for.....!?!?!??!? Get your forms posted ASAP to confirm your place.

SikhStudent Camp

What: 7 days of great activities with a chance to explore our rich heritage in a relaxed & friendly environment

When: Sunday 21st - Saturday 27th August 2005

Who: If you are aged 17 and above, then your are most welcome!

See the site & the camp trailer!!: www.sikhstudent.org

www.sikhstudent.org

challenge_everything, i dont think u'd get a response on this forum about that. it mite be a good idea to suggest it to the camp organisers via the details given on the website, or even anyother methods communication you may personally have with them.

it's a very good idea... no doubt.. and its difficult to see why they shouldn't or can't do it...