Nihang Singhs and 1984.

This is a picture of the Interior of the Akal takht - It is not clear if this is the Interior before the army attack or after the 'Government', rebuilding.( but it is before the DDT rebuilding)

I would presume it is after the govt rebuilding as the marble behind the Bhai Sahib standing looks quite new - But as the gach and gold work on the arches looks intact it could be before ? Having said that the 'govt' rebuilding did not involve demolishing the structure but 'fixing up' the damage- so some of the original remained

akalint9lv.png

*from The Golden Temple - Patwant Singh 1988

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure how true this is, but I've heard it from several people and maybe the historians can confirm the truth.

But, I was told that the original had steps which made it so that the parikarma was done in the old tradition manner, anti clockwise?

Also I have heard from Jathedar Baba Santa Singh and other nihangs, and several sants of the sant smaaj that there was a well and saneeras (used for making shaheedi degh) in the ground floor of the takht sahib.

Also Sikher notice the new building is very different made wider and hence the extra domes on upper floors, and the architecture and inside artwork is totally different.

• 10 months later...

Also I have heard from Jathedar Baba Santa Singh and other nihangs, and several sants of the sant smaaj that there was a well and saneeras (used for making shaheedi degh) in the ground floor of the takht sahib.

100% accurate my friend 100%

Another thing to note is the changes of the pathway to darbar sahib.

from what Akali jageer singh said ( Jogas oldman) the water level was lower of sarover( dont know why) and there was no segregation of peeps coming to and fro from darbar sahib.

Anyways peeps,before we go of topic,

Baba Santa Singh is cool and he did what he did what he believed was best for the Faith.

Amrit singh u may go to the mohalla every year, but i have been a few times too. from what i have seen as a foriegner, many peeps respect baba ji. Unlike Balbir singh who many believe is just another dodgy politician, looking for is 15 minutes of fame.

to be Jathedar one needs miri and piri experience. which Baba Santa Singh Ji Has.

anyways......i'm waffling now.....so can some one else please make a constructive comment.

• 4 months later...

i recently went to india and met santa singh, hes not so good health wise and dont speak much but i asked his other gursikhs about the kar sewa and what happened. They said well if satkar wanna pay for it, its still the jantas money, still public money. The sikh sangat could have saved the moeny they were gonna spend and built something else like a college or hospital, but as everyone was hurt at the time they just saw that it was just accepting blood money etc the gov that attacked our home are now wanting to give us money to repair the damage they did.