What Is Bhagauti?

18 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

Have a look at the Ardh Chand symbol.
http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/komlink/media/goddessShivShakti-khanda_zpsbeec3d00.jpg.html

That khanda in the center is Mahakal/Shiv, the curved swords that form the moon, are Shakti.

That is a trishul like ShivJi used. In any case it's seems again too far-fetched especially given the attributes of both in Gurbani that Guru Sahib would have both or either in mind when describing Sri Kaal Purakh.

(At the time this writing was penned) Shakti was was (and still not) considered to be represented by a Khanda sword. Shakti is never represented by a Khanda straight sword. I am talking specifically about Khanda straight sword here not any other type of sword.

So why would that matter ? The Guru's were revloutionary in their time. Who said they had to be constrained by any previous or prevalent thought ?

On a side note -
ਕਿਲਬਿਖ ਹਰਣੰ - This refers to the story of Shiv ji drinking the ਕਿਲਬਿਖ Kilvish, poison of the world, an getting a neelkanth. Shiv ji is the personification of peace. The poison is a symbol of ignorance and suffering. So the deeper meaning there is that inner pool peace (Shiv) dissolves all inner turmoil (kilvish).

No. Kilbikh means sin. ਹਰਣੰ means to destroy. To me this would be saying the sword (power) of Sri Kaal is sin destroying.

14 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

Nope. That's too far-fetched to interpret Khanda as one who destroys.

Lol @ "too far-fetched". No it isn't. This is the base definition of the word.

Meaning
1. Grammatically - ਖੰਡਾ is one who does ਖੰਡਨ or creates ਖੰਡ
ਖੰਡਾ (one who destroys) is one who does the  ਖੰਡਨ (destroying to pieces) or creates the ਖੰਡ (pieces, the destroyed pieces)

Khand - Pieces (broken up into bits)
Khandan - The act of destroying ( and through destroying creating pieces)
Khanda - One who destroys (and through destroying creates pieces)

2. This is also in the dictionary.

SGGS Gurmukhi-Gurmukhi Dictionary

ਭਾਗਾਂ, ਹਿਸਿਆਂ, ਖੰਡਾਂ, ਮਹਾਂਦੀਪਾਂ। ਟੁਕੜੇ ਟੁਕੜੇ ਕੀਤਾ, ਨਾਸ ਕੀਤਾ, ਤੋੜਿਆ, ਦੂਰ ਕੀਤਾ। ਟੋਟੇ ਕਰਨੇ, ਨਾਸ ਕਰਨਾ। ਟੁਕੜੇ ਕਰੀਦੇ। ਨਾਸ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲਾ।

Application
Mahakal is the source of all Khands, he does Khandan and thus is known as Khanda.

In other words, "Khanda" is referring to a straight sword that destroys. The straight sword is "one who destroys" hence known as Khanda. Mahakal is "one who destroys" hence his symbol becomes the Khanda sword.

14 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

In other instances of use in Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth the word Khanda has meant sword and nothing else.

Do you see how both Khanda Sword and Mahakal are derived from the same root word? And do you see how Khanda becomes a symbol of Mahakal?

If you can see that then you will have a better understanding of these verses below -

From Bachittar Natak Granth -
ਤ੍ਰਿਭੰਗੀ ਛੰਦ ॥
ਸ੍ਰੀ ਕਾਲ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਉਸਤਤਿ ॥ <----------- this is the key to understanding what follows.
ਖਗ ਖੰਡ ਬਿਹੰਡੰ ਖਲ ਦਲ ਖੰਡੰ ਅਤਿ ਰਣ ਮੰਡੰ ਬਰ ਬੰਡੰ ॥
ਭੁਜ ਦੰਡ ਅਖੰਡੰ ਤੇਜ ਪ੍ਰਚੰਡੰ ਜੋਤਿ ਅਮੰਡੰ ਭਾਨ ਪ੍ਰਭੰ ॥
ਸੁਖ ਸੰਤਾ ਕਰਣੰ ਦੁਰਮਤਿ ਦਰਣੰ ਕਿਲਬਿਖ ਹਰਣੰ ਅਸਿ ਸਰਣੰ ॥
ਜੈ ਜੈ ਜਗ ਕਾਰਣ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਉਬਾਰਣ ਮਮ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਰਣ ਜੈ ਤੇਗੰ ॥੨॥

ਖਗ - Khanda or Kharag. Kharag is shortened to Khag.

So in this paragraph, Shri Kaal (Mahakal, Shiv ji) is represented by the Khanda/Kharag symbol, and Shri Kaal ji is being praised using the metaphor of a sword wandering the battlefield, saving saints, destroys enemies.

18 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

That is a trishul like ShivJi used.

Congrats. Now you know the meaning behind Shiv ji's Trishul.

Shiv ji who is the ground layer of all being, Supreme God, he divides into Shiv-Shakti - dichotomy/duality of the world. The Trishul is the image of that dichotomy. Shiv ji upholds that dichotomy.

When you personify (make into a person) the above concept, you get a guy holding a Trishul. But remember that that guy holding a trishul is representing some deep concepts. If you forget those deeper meanings then the murti loses all its value.

So relating these concepts to the meaning of Khanda.

Shiv ji who is the ground layer of all being, Supreme God, he divides into Shiv-Shakti - dichotomy/duality of the world. The Trishul is the image of that dichotomy.

Shiv ji (khanda) destroys/divides (khandan) and creates Shiv-Shakti dichotomy (khand).

Notice how this is a different perspective to what you are used to seeing. Everything in Shaiv Religions is described very differently to how you know it, so don't be surprised if it takes a while to contemplate and learn about a new way of seeing

18 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

Kilbikh means sin. ਹਰਣੰ means to destroy. To me this would be saying the sword (power) of Sri Kaal is sin destroying.

You got it.

18 hours ago, samurai said:

Ok,i see where you are coming from..again..i do

What if khanda is kaal/maya/agyan (sant jarnial singh bhindrevale katha).so who's factual now? 

He is not wrong. It is a different religion. Don't worry about that yet. Because the same word, the same meaning, can be used in different ways by different religions.

So just put that aside, and learn about each religion and how each religious structure operates, first and foremost. Learn their terminology and how they use words to refer to greater concepts.

Then afterwards, we might come back to this and do some comparative religious study.

With all due respect I read your response again, and still do not agree with you. Maybe it’s just me..lol

Khanda (as in not sword) is kaal/maya/agyan energy that was manifested by the primal lord. (jarnail singh katha on chandi di vaar).  Sometimes you use the word as it is, rather then to break it down otherwise bhaugti will 'always' be broken down to mean bhagat.  If this is what you are thinking and it makes sense to you, then good for you. 

The game changer for me is this…

19 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

That khanda in the center is Mahakal/Shiv, the curved swords that form the moon, are Shakti.

This is wrong.. The half moon is shiv and the khanda in the middle rising up is shakti. Even looking at your pics its evident that it is a women infornt of the khanda not shiv, but a devi which represents Shakti.  So your ‘facts’ are not really ‘facts’. 

If you dont mind me asking you is your ustad, Nar Singh Narayan ji?? 

5 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

He is not wrong. It is a different religion. Don't worry about that yet. Because the same word, the same meaning, can be used in different ways by different religions.

So what religion is he? and what religion do you follow? (that is if you do)

18 minutes ago, samurai said:

With all due respect I read your response again, and still do not agree with you. Maybe it’s just me..lol

Trust me it's just you. You are not seeing it yet. This stuff just takes time to learn. Go through it slowly and learn small concepts and work your way up.

16 minutes ago, samurai said:

So what religion is he? and what religion do you follow? (that is if you do)

Slow down, have patience, my friend.  I will explain all in time.
Just know that these are two different religious structures and focus on the one we are talking about.

This is wrong.. The half moon is shiv and the khanda in the middle rising up is shakti. Even looking at your pics its evident that it is a women infornt of the khanda not shiv, but a devi which represents Shakti.  So your ‘facts’ are not really ‘facts’.

No the person standing in front of it is "Shiv-Shakti" hybrid, known as Ardhnareshwar -> Ardh-nar-eshwar -> the half male (half female) Supreme God.

The Khanda is a phallic symbol, it represents the male half, whereas the curves, female curves, represent the female half of Ardhnareshwar.

For those over 25 - It's a penis surrounded by a vagina.

For those over 25 - It's a penis surrounded by a vagina.

Hee hee hee hee....

1 hour ago, BhagatSingh said:

For those over 25 - It's a penis surrounded by a vagina

When i first read this, i was like hes a bit harsh, put it down to over 18..lol

But! when i read this...

39 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Hee hee hee hee....

hahaahah...bruv you crack me up! lol

The age limit of 25 was set up by our own dear papiman Ji. Now thats the trend that continues here...apparently if you are over 25 you are not affected by lust jus kiding papiman, all in good fun . lol.

You can tell Paapimn is desi, in the west nyanay get exposed to this stuff from like 12/13. lol

14 minutes ago, Gunahgar said:

The age limit of 25 was set up by our own dear papiman Ji. Now thats the trend that continues here...apparently if you are over 25 you are not affected by lust jus kiding papiman, all in good fun . lol.

Haha.. 

they start early man lol

I feel so bad for the boy lol

2 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Haha.. 

they start early man lol

You have to give that boy 10 out of 10 for persistence!

33 minutes ago, samurai said:

Lets give paapiman a tour of kalyug in the city of london ..lol

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

You can tell Paapimn is desi, in the west nyanay get exposed to this stuff from like 12/13. lol

@paapiman

I got this.

Just because he said that people below 25 should not do this and that,  does not mean he lives in a cave and is not aware of  what goes around in west. He said that because by the age of 25, either a person had enough fun or is stuck between job and paying loans he and she got no time for Lust. Also he is from Canada, U.K or "city of London" is not more modern or better than Canada.

Here is the "City of London".

5 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

@paapiman is in trouble! Planeteers, let our powers combine...

@Gunahgar@samurai@dalsingh101
Lol you guys, the age of 25 is not arbitrary. In Indic culture, that age is when Brahmcharya ends and Grihasti begins.

Age 25 is when Guru Nanak Dev ji had children. Even though he got married a lot younger, his family life started at 25.

That makes sense. Never thought that way...now I remember brahmacharya grihastha varnastha and sanyasa. All 4 phases each of 25 years....good reminder lol