100 desert taksal over maryada

100 desert taksal over maryada

Amritsar, April 14

More than 100 followers of Damdami Taksal deserted it today following differences over ‘maryada’.

They alleged that senior functionaries of the taksal had beaten them up when they raised objections over the ongoing chaliha (forty days religious purification) on the taksal premises.

Those who deserted the taksal urged the Jathedar, Akal Takht, to summon the taksal’s acting chief, Baba Harnam Singh Dhumma, for indulging in ‘anti-maryada’ activities. The ‘chaliha’ started from April 1 and would be completed on May 11.

However, a senior functionary of the taksal, Bhai Ajaib Singh Abhinasi, claimed that the ‘chaliha’ was arranged to revive the old ‘maryada’ of the taksal, which had been abandoned for a long time. Denying the allegations of conducting a ‘havan’ inside the taksal premises, Bhai Abhinasi said the ongoing purification activities were based on the two books written by Sant Kartar Singh and Sant Gurbachan Singh Khalsa, both former Jathedars of the taksal.

Addressing a joint press conference, Jathedar Amrik Singh and his companions alleged that many of the followers were severely beaten up and asked to leave the taksal immediately. While the followers were given marching orders ,others deserted the taksal. When contacted, Bhai Abhinasi admitted to the thrashing.

The breakaway group claimed that all the old followers of the taksal were not happy over the ongoing “purification methods” adopted by the taksal chief..

Guv the jathadar of DDT is Sant Giani Jarnail Singh Ji mahapursh.

Baba Harnam singh is Caretaker of DDT (Mehta Dera)

Giani Ram Singh is Jathadar of SGPC accepted DDT Batala

But im sure you know all this !!

Talking of Jathdars who is jathdar of Budda dal U.K i thought it was Manpreet singh from Willenhall, Or Akali Baba Anoop Singh from Gravesend ???

well now i think about it who is jathadar of budda dal in India.. Santa Singh or Akali Baba Balbir Singh ji Nihang ????

Hope You can help Guv

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Jathadar Amrik Singh is the gursikh who is the Jathadar of the Panj Pyaria who do Amrit Sanchar for the Taksaal. Time is coming close now, the bachan of Baba ji is coming true and we will see who sticks with Baba jis bachan :)

take care

long road to freedom

sukdev

Good to see that Baba Harnam Singh ji is more of the old-style taksal.

tsingh , could u please enlighten us with the maryada of chailiya?

do nirmaley follow that maryada as well?

this is first time i m hearing this :?

Thanks in advance :)

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

from what i know a chalisa is where a gursikh will go away into a room and he wud have a set maryada ie they wud do ishaan before 1am in the first sitting they wud do 51,000 mool mantar or some other parth ie Sri Jap ji Sahib they will not get up until it is done this cud take about 4 hours this wud be in addition to their daily routine ie nitnam which wud be another 3-4 hours.

They wud not talk to anyone cook their own meals and basically do parth. This cud is done in a morning sitting and then an evening sitting basically over 8hours a day is spent doing the chalisa. The maryada to this it varies with different jathas but what I know off the singhs in Taksaal they do this a lot.

Guess more enlightened gursikhs will tell u more.

oh my gosh,

I think there is another word for chalisa is called (4 different types of moun) for 40 days.

I just read this is in a book of sant baba waryam singh ji explaining chalisa occuring in sant baba isher singh ji maharaj time in rara sahib but it was not compulsary but it was voluntarily.

In that particular event from the book.. 18 singhs volunter to do that not for 40 days but for 6 years... they were given an bhora in a very quiet place by sant maharaj ji which was surronded by sharp wires so nobody allow to meet them... they would only sleep for 4 hrs in total.. at night - 2 hrs and at morning - 2 hrs...and one sevadar will come from outside give them langar for whole day and he would say - satnam from outside.. one of singhs comes from inside and take the very little langar and go back..

out of all these years..sant maharaj ji would meet them often to give them further guidance and do very deep atamik bachan bilas.

i realise this is off topic... but as dd's post was directed at me, i feel obliged to reply.

Guv the jathadar of DDT is Sant Giani Jarnail Singh Ji mahapursh.

Baba Harnam singh is Caretaker of DDT (Mehta Dera)

Giani Ram Singh is Jathadar of SGPC accepted DDT Batala

But im sure you know all this !!

actually i didn't... i don't really concern myself with politics... hence i said "i don't know much about the politics"! but thanks for the clarification.

Talking of Jathdars who is jathdar of Budda dal U.K i thought it was Manpreet singh from Willenhall, Or Akali Baba Anoop Singh from Gravesend ???

well now i think about it who is jathadar of budda dal in India.. Santa Singh or Akali Baba Balbir Singh ji Nihang ????

Hope You can help Guv

there are already threads on these topics... & i have answered the question of jathedari of budda dal uk... search the forums.

dd... it appears u took my question as some kind of attack. it was not. perhaps u should control ur anger & try not to read too much between the lines. if u wish to discuss any of these matters further... there are other threads on the topic, or feel free to pm me.