nihangs and snatan sikhi

Kam1825

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad shame that I see is that more that 95% of the people on the net have never met Nihung Niddar Singh and use the below when in the real fact he is a very down to earth guy whos willing to teach people Shastar Vidiya but because of personal issues and alliances/place where they have taken amrit from, or family ties within gurdwara,sant/baba followers alot of youth miss out on clsses in fear of being labelled Nihung etc

GO TO THE CLASSES THEY ARE LIKE "MR KIPLINGS,EXCEEDINGLY GOOD"

"UK Nihangs" "Sanatan" "admin-cut" etc in them, simply because they descend into hysteria and finger pointing along the lines of "my fourth cousin twice removed once met a bloke on the bus who overheard someone talking to Nidar Singh on a crackly mobile phone and he said . . . "

hmmmmmm, how can i put this simply.

hinduism isn't a race. it is a belief system. any race can adopt it.

even indian isn't a race as far as i know, perhaps you mean dravidians etc.

how can i put it simply...?

people who resided in the indus valley were called hindus.

and my comment was an attempt at clarifying what beast was (ineffectively) attempting to say.

Gurfateh

Das can say that Baba Ji are fearless and from him Das leanrt to say truth as he is fatherly or elder brotherly figure to das.

Regarding Alchohal,During War it can be used as an agent of nullifying or numbing the brain as killing is Bad and to do Bad we may to eat Bad as Sikhs are not born killer or destroyer but protector and creator and they destroy to create.

SGPC Maryada also talks of addiction to drugs or Alchohal but in some of thir essential used it can not be ruled out as in PASt.

But at presnt in most of the advanced world armies Alchohal and drugs and smoking are vehmentaly opposed as they are Bad for health and present Day Wars need more sensenble use of machines and brain and brown and as per one interpetation of Gurbani Alchhal makes us senseless and hence uselees.

Firstly I can't vouch for each Nihang wihtin the UK - the comment was diamonds amongst them...

As far as speculations are concerned anyone can speculate about any jatha or person.

Singh sahib Osingh if you would like to name these particular people and document the particular instances that would be a separate issue.

challenege i dont wanna name them, all ill tell u is that i have physically seen them (only 2 of them) in a bar (at uni) drinkin alcohol. then i got introduced to one of them and he told me he drinks to get nasha etc etc.

all im sayin is that i thot alcohol was a NO NO for nihangs.

From a personal stance i dont care wat ppl do, take bhang, drink, do drugs, do watever u want (within reason)

challenege i dont wanna name them, all ill tell u is that i have physically seen them (only 2 of them) in a bar (at uni) drinkin alcohol. then i got introduced to one of them and he told me he drinks to get nasha etc etc.

all im sayin is that i thot alcohol was a NO NO for nihangs.

From a personal stance i dont care wat ppl do, take bhang, drink, do drugs, do watever u want (within reason)

:roll:

usual crap.......again.

yeh exactly alcohol is banned

Beast, how is it crap?????? these guys im chattin about about r goin round sayin they are nihangs/ wear shaster etc etc and drink

thats all i was sayin, it aint crap, its TRUE!!

this all started with me sayin uk nihangs seem a bit off, and i still think A LOT of them r

osingh: get a life and stop spamming forums with drivel. I have seen plenty of things by so-called Sikhs. If it was something that I disclosed to the Sangat over the internet (eg Shere Punjab & BOSS in London) I made sure I named and shamed those involved. But doing nindiya like you are doing is pathetic. Once again, name them and the area it was alleged to have happened so we can at least begin to verify ur absurd claims. If you can't do that then kindly refrain from slandering.

beast it doesn't seem that absurd a claim. anyway oSingh even if they do drink i can't see the big deal. its not the biggest crime in the world. everyone needs to calm down . . . . . . and have a spliff.

beast it doesn't seem that absurd a claim. anyway oSingh even if they do drink i can't see the big deal. its not the biggest crime in the world. everyone needs to calm down . . . . . . and have a spliff.

what's not absurd?

I've asked him to at least try to either go into more detail so his claim can be verified or to not make claims at all.

What if I said that I had seen <insert name of any person who has dislike for UK Nihangs> performing a sex act on a bloke in a bar? I refuse to give proof, yet I ask people to believe me . You of all people should know that it is not nice to make comments without at least trying to back them up (at least, that was the impression that you gave during our debates with Jamuka).

uk nihang hmmmmmm. well the oldschool lot from what i know yes some of them have drank. nihang singhs in india do drink. there r many ppl online that i know now from the uk calling themselves nihang singhs. but from what i know of is like 10 ppl who really are oldschool crew. maybe 20 duno man can't be bothered to use my brain and think. oh and going to bars is a no go unless its a smoke free bar.

Baba Santa Singh banning drinkiing was only cus of 1 accident cus the driver was being an idiot. being his normal self.

from the last 3 years to present and future we will see many ppl who wanna be nihang singhs for the wrong reasons. at the same time many will become fanatics just to go against the nihang singhs of india and the world.

oh 1 point to add in here. respect for those nihang singhs who have simple reht and not a hardcore reht. y respect simply being at least they r not trying to be popular or have big egos in front of every1. they just living there lives until they die like normal humans of the world.

hindu and sikh. sikhs have roots back to ppl from bharat. call them hindu or muslim. sikhs r the beautiful lotus on top. u can ask my granparents this and my guru YES my guru he only loves me and not u ppl. Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

hmmmmm i might aswell add this in. to eat alot of food or different types of food is agaist khalsa marjada. y....cus its bad for u. this comes in the same context of intoxicants. they both the same.

Baba Santa Singh banning drinkiing was only cus of 1 accident cus the driver was being an idiot. being his normal self.

how do you know reason for baba santa singh banning drinking at the dal??

were you there?

guys stop justifying acts...atleast leave your jathedar alone !

mister neo don't put me in the same boat as other ppl.

i know the reason cus one of teh main reason teh banning happened from a hukam from Baba ji was cus hes pissed of at many of his boys. thats it simple and sweet. no inside story. no big time story. no chuglia. no big mission of the panth. lol.

if there is one thing i learnt from staying with nihangs, its that you can never spot a nihang from just his clothes, bana or a damalla

And thats true for this country and any other ..

If the guys drinking claim to be nihangs then fine they are their own veriation of nihang, but explain to them that maryada states a nihang can not drink,

thats all you have to say.. if they chose to look into it or change their ways then u have done your duty by highlighting the maryada as you understand it and giving them a source (hukam from Baba Santa Singh in this case)

If you go around saying that person aint nihang or slandering or whatever then you just take all their sheet and put it on your own head, whats the point in that.

explain to others what you understand but dont force nothing on nobody.

as bani explains..

Karmi apo apanee kai nere kai door..

according to our own karam some are close others are far.

gurbrakaaaaal..

Dhan dhan Jathedar Baba Hari Singh Ji Nihang "Khalse nu Koi Parva Nehi"

• 2 months later...
Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

For avoidance of doubt please could Nihang Singh Veers clarify the following aspects regarding their Sampradha and Sanatan thought:

1. Whilst references to "Nihang" exists pre-1699 are these references ever made with respect to Sikhs? Let's start here and then follow up this discussion to give this issue more credence.

2. We have heard a lot about the use of "Wine", certainly I am no expert on the subject and neither are my tee-total colleagues on the moderation team, however is "Wine" not primarily a European alcholic drink rather than an Indian? Whilst "Mud" is often translated as wine, in the context of Indian tradition surely it must refer to hard spirits and such like, which are by far, more common in India? Again, let's start here before progressing this discussion.