Jump to content

How to become celibate when married ?


Recommended Posts

god created everything, so why the desire to have sex? Why the pleasure organs?

I think the issue becomes when all you do is have sex, and do not care about your spirituality. Sex is a part of life people accept it.

p.s. Did you know humans aren't the only animals that have sex for pleasure? Dolphins like it too. Go figure?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 10 years later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Q: How to become celibate when married ?   Ans: Get a divorce. 

The way i see it sometimes is that being married is not a bad thing when it comes to doing bhagati simran etc.   As they were gristi mahapursh in our religion such as Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji

This answer makes the most sense in this thread.

Posted Images

On 2005-05-10 at 2:07 PM, Guest Javanmard said:

Sant Attar Singh Mastuanavale said raags are not important, does that mean he was right? Clearly: NO!!!

Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji also gave preference to simple dharan keertan. Raag brings ego, dharana brings devotion.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/03/2016 at 9:06 PM, Rock said:

Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji also gave preference to simple dharan keertan. Raag brings ego, dharana brings devotion.

 

Did Guru Maharaj made any mistake by constructing complete Gurbani in Raags? It completely depends on the person reading it.

I guess, we should not impose anybody's personal views on the kaum, whether it be Baba Nand Singh Ji. Because, in the end, no person is above Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/05/2005 at 0:24 AM, karmjeet said:

if u still can't control ur self , do it once a week ( on tuesday , between 11 pm to 1 am )

 

 

On 06/05/2005 at 0:24 AM, karmjeet said:

for a grahsti 2 children are enough .


On Tuesday, between 11pm to 1am?

Lets see how many admirers of Baba Nand Singh follow these rules. No offence here.

No doubt why growing number of the youngsters are running away from Sikhi. Our Great Great Saints of the Panth have complicated Sikhi sooo much that now there are Guidelines in mating with their own spouse even when a person is committed with one person throughout the life.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji had 4 children &  & Guru Har Gobind Singh Ji had more then 4. Does that mean they were not grahsti according to Baba Nand Singh ji?

Please answer logically. No offence to any Baba here.


 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The instructions you mentioned probably specific for one person as the person might have asked a specific question to which he got a specific answer. Someone just happened to spread that saakhi and it got published in the book & someone shared it here later with noble intentions.

I am at no level to analyze the lives of Gurus & Saints so I cannot answer any of your questions. My advise would be to stop worrying about Qoum & Saints so much instead focus on yourself & family. You will waste your energy unnecessarily.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here meditate on the following. It is very clear that the Saints are the sons of God & the blessing of Simran is attained from them .

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਹਿਤੇ ਹੈਂ: ਏਕ ਭਗਵੰਤ ਕਾ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਹੀ ਸਾਥ ਰਹਿਤਾ ਹੈ, ਪਰੰਤੂ ਵਹੁ ਹਰੀ ਕਾ ਸਿਮਰਨ (ਅਚੁਤ) ਅਗਿੜ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਕੇ (ਤਨਹ) ਸਰੂਪ ਵਾ ਪੁਤ੍ਰ ਜੋ ਸੰਤ ਹੈਂ ਤਿਨੋਂ ਸੇ ਹੀ (ਲਬਧੰ੍ਹ) ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤਿ ਹੋਤਾ ਹੈ॥੧॥

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rock said:

The instructions you mentioned probably specific for one person as the person might have asked a specific question to which he got a specific answer. Someone just happened to spread that saakhi and it got published in the book & someone shared it here later with noble intentions.

I am at no level to analyze the lives of Gurus & Saints so I cannot answer any of your questions. My advise would be to stop worrying about Qoum & Saints so much instead focus on yourself & family. You will waste your energy unnecessarily.

Please answer my question or just accept the fact. Why running from it?

You are saying me that I should focus on myself & family, whereas, people here are putting all their energy to spread blatant lies for our father.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rock said:

Here meditate on the following. It is very clear that the Saints are the sons of God & the blessing of Simran is attained from them .

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਹਿਤੇ ਹੈਂ: ਏਕ ਭਗਵੰਤ ਕਾ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਹੀ ਸਾਥ ਰਹਿਤਾ ਹੈ, ਪਰੰਤੂ ਵਹੁ ਹਰੀ ਕਾ ਸਿਮਰਨ (ਅਚੁਤ) ਅਗਿੜ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਕੇ (ਤਨਹ) ਸਰੂਪ ਵਾ ਪੁਤ੍ਰ ਜੋ ਸੰਤ ਹੈਂ ਤਿਨੋਂ ਸੇ ਹੀ (ਲਬਧੰ੍ਹ) ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤਿ ਹੋਤਾ ਹੈ॥੧॥

There are no agents between us and Waheguru. Guruji removed everything in between & showed us a clear way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akalpurkh said:

There are no agents between us and Waheguru. Guruji removed everything in between & showed us a clear way.

The answer is very clear from Guru Granth Sahib Ji, you cannot deny it.

Also I have no interest in answering you because I do not want to commit the Sin of Nindya of anyone let alone a pooran Sant of Nirankar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, akalpurkh said:

There are no agents between us and Waheguru. Guruji removed everything in between & showed us a clear way.

Bro, there is plenty of reference to Saints in Gurbani. You cannot run away from the facts.

One can connect with the Almighty Waheguru directly too through Gurbani, but it is very very very tough to do so. 

Easy method - Saadh Sangat - Sangat of Saints/Gurmukhs/Sadhus.

 

Bhul chuk maaf

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2016 at 4:47 AM, akalpurkh said:

Did Guru Maharaj made any mistake by constructing complete Gurbani in Raags? It completely depends on the person reading it.

I guess, we should not impose anybody's personal views on the kaum, whether it be Baba Nand Singh Ji. Because, in the end, no person is above Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Who said that Satguru jee made a mistake?

IMHO, Baba jee was never against Raag Kirtan, as he was a Gurmukh Brahamgyani. He was the Sikh of Maharaaj. If he preferred non-raag style, it is his wish, He had the freedom to do so.

In the end - Love and devotion will matter, not which style of Kirtan, a person used to sing.

 

Bhul chuk maaf

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2016 at 5:11 AM, akalpurkh said:

No doubt why growing number of the youngsters are running away from Sikhi. Our Great Great Saints of the Panth have complicated Sikhi sooo much that now there are Guidelines in mating with their own spouse even when a person is committed with one person throughout the life.

Who is in control of most Gurudwaras in Punjab? Saints/Gurmukhs or followers of your dear so-called Sikh Rehat Maryada (tampered and incomplete document)?

If Gurudwaras were under control of Sampradas (led by Gurmukhs), instead of SGPC, there would have been way more Chardikala in the Panth.

 

Bhul chuk maaf

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2016 at 5:11 AM, akalpurkh said:

Guru Gobind Singh Ji had 4 children &  & Guru Har Gobind Singh Ji had more then 4. Does that mean they were not grahsti according to Baba Nand Singh ji?

Sri Satguru jee does not need to engage in any sexual activity, in order to create children. They were the incarnation of the Almighty Waheguru, not mere humans like me. They can create and destroy in an instant.

 

ਹਰਨ ਭਰਨ ਜਾ ਕਾ ਨੇਤ੍ਰ ਫੋਰੁ ॥

 

Bhul chuk maaf

Link to post
Share on other sites

@akalpurkh - Pm me (if you want) and answer the following question.

Do you believe in all Gurbani (Sri Aad Guru Granth Sahib jee Maharaaj, Sri Dasam Granth Sahib jee and Sri Sarabloh Granth Sahib jee and other Gurbanis)?

If not, Daas is not interested in having any veechar with you.

 

Bhul chuk maaf

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kaam does NOT mean sex.  Or even lust!  Kaam is any UNCONTROLLED craving or desire.  

One can crave expensive cars or jewellery or even food. And that will be kaam!  But we will never say that answer is to cut out having a car all together. Or food! 

Sexual intimacy between husband and wife is normal. It's NOT KAAM.  Unless it becomes an excess craving or desire. Which yes CAN happen even in marriage but most normal married couples are not sex addicts!  Intimacy is a normal part of relationship between two people who love each other. 

Otherwise, if you don't want to be intimate with someone, then don't get married! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 5/6/2005 at 11:38 PM, karmjeet said:

 

 

how is this disgusting and insult ? can u explain ?

 

Talk to any mahapurash , chardeekala sant , or chardeekala damdami sikh , and ask them about Guru ji's , u will get the same answer that they were nirlep from this maya . They didn't go through the process that we go through to produce kids .

 

And some things don't need to be explained in Gurbani . They are known by only brahmgyanis .

 

For eg :

Bhagt Dhanna ji had the kamai of his previous 1100 janams . That 's y he could have darshan of God from a pathar .

 

Now tell me where in gurbani its written , that He had kamai of 1100 janams . this was told by Brahmgyami Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa .

 

 

Similarly , some facts don't have to be based on Gurbani .

Bachans of Brahmgyanis are enough .

@karmjeet I read it. Even before reading it , I wonder that our Gurus must not have done this to have kids and I was right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 1/25/2020 at 2:21 PM, Jageera said:

This answer makes the most sense in this thread.

Good one. Lot of "Sikhs" think that having no sex in marriage is the "Way to live life". When sex can be a selfless thing. This is why no girls want to marry Singhs now adays. Women dont see Singhs as able to be "physical", they always picture a Gyani. If a Sikh wants to celibate, dont get married. Sex can bring two people closer together and encourage pair bonding.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why marry if you want to be celibate? 

It's not rocket science is it. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...