How can we achieve mukti?

Hence through the practice of vichar and samadhi we can begin to increase our vairaag.

roger that :D.. this is sehaj jog guys which is recommended by our guru maharaj.... :D

There are three types of people when it comes to bairaag

First are those who reounce household then again drawn back to family attachment. That is called "Donky Bairaag"

Second are those who are going away from family in spike of bairaag but then coming back at family insistence. That is "Horse Bairaag".

Third are those who once they go away from family life, then they never come back to family. Full Sanyans: Renuncitation. That is "Sher Bairaag"

In Gurmat both grisht and celibacy is well parvan. One could merge with vahiguroo well in family as well. As bhai gurdas ji refers to Raja Janak as-

"Gurmukh Maya Vich Udasi " ||

Even though he was a raja and had more than enough worldly duties he was still gurmukh ..nirlaip from maya just like kamal(lotus).

Gurfateh

No, I disagree and think that is incorrect. If we take that line of thought, to its logical conclusion (which is a good line to take in one sense) then we realise everything is gurprasad. But in as much as any other psychological process...

Vairaag arises out of vivek. Without some faculty of discrimination you would never be any clearer as to what was illusory and what was not. Hence, regardless of whether that is self-willed (and the question may arise as to who that self is!) or Paraatma willed, there needs to be a conscious discrimination of what is and what is not for inner vairaag to arise. Hence through the practice of vichar and samadhi we can begin to increase our vairaag.

I have yet to meet a person who sat down and simply waited for experiential experience to happen. The fact that people are here reading this or even listening to gurbani is a form of discrimination which is testimony to the fact that we actively work on our vairaag!

forgive me but what exactly do u disagree with. :) im a bit confused.. :oops:

• 9 years later...

Acheiving mukti is only possible by becoming one with the one who is Akaal and Ajoonee just as the Bani says.

And this Akaal and Ajoonee, supreme being is none other than Wahiguru Himself.

So the question is now how to become one with Him?

For that purpose, the Bani also gives us the precise answer.

The Bani says: Jin Har japeeya, se Har hoeeya.

So you see, in the end, it is His Simran, which purifies us from our sins, sanskars, vikaars..... and which makes us worthy to merge and become with Him.

And that is possible by His grace alone.

That is when the Bani says: Jevad Aap, te vad teree daat. Means, this is the best bakshish He can shower on us.

Of course from such a High being like Him, less can not be expected. He gives us Himself to us, when pleased with our bhakti, which also, is not done by us with our efforts, but by His grace alone.

Gods, godesses, avataars, can give us Baikunth, riches, comforts, kingdoms, possesions ....but mukti from the cycle of births and deaths, only He can give us, and that also not by wavering a magic stick like a jadugar, but, by sincerely applying each and everyone of ourselves to the jugtee of Naam Simran.

Waheguru.

Edited by harsharan000

• 1 month later...

Bhagat Kabir Sahib in Raag Ramkali, beautifully tells us that :

ਬਿਨੁ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਕਤ ਨਾਹਿ

Bin Simaran Mukath Kath Naahi

बिनु सिमरन मुकति कत नाहि

Without this meditative remembrance, liberation will never be found.

He clearly tells us, do whatever you want, and go wherever you want, thinking one is perfoming devotion.....

But the fact is, that outer devotion has no spiritual pull, because if it was so, surely it would have been an aid for us, in our approach to Him ....

So in order to remove any misunderstanding we have as per which is the highest devotion to be practiced by us, Guru Jee again and again warns us throughout the Bani, by reminding us of this jugtee:

Awar Kaaj tere kiteh na kaam, mil Sadh Sangat, bhaj kewal Naam ...

Prabh Ka Simran, Sabh te oochaa ....

That is why, Kabeer Jee, further, on this very Raag tells us :

ਜਿਹ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਹੋਇ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਦੁਆਰੁ

Jih Simaran Hoe Mukath Dhuaar

जिह सिमरनि होइ मुकति दुआरु

Remembering Him in meditation, the door of liberation is found.

Now, different thing is, if we do not want to become one with the Lord Wahiguru yet in this very life ..... So naturally we will do many other things, but for His Simran, we shall give excuses ....

Let us ask ourselves, who is important for us?

The world and its opinions, or Wahiguru?

I am sure, many with their mouth wide open, will naturally say Wahiguru.....

But then, if Wahiguru is the answer, why do we care so much for what the world says or does?

Why do we not do explicitly, what our Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj tells us to do throughout the whole Bani?

We must bear clearly in our minds, it is our bodiless soul, which has to merge in Him. And this merging in Him, is only possible, when the mind gets purified by His Simran.

In this way, it looses its grip on the soul; then only our soul proceeds in full force with the Shabad Guru, towards its true Home, Sach Khand.

So, Wahiguru is our end, and in order to reach Him, His Simran, is the only path to reach Him. All other methods, paths, practices, gurantee our continous enchainment with the perisahble world, through chaurasee ka chakar....

Moreover Bhagat Kabeer says:

ਐਸਾ ਸਿਮਰਨੁ ਕਰਿ ਮਨ ਮਾਹਿ

Aisaa Simaran Kar Man Maahi

ऐसा सिमरनु करि मन माहि

Practice such meditative remembrance in your mind.

ਫਿਰਿ ਫਿਰਿ ਤੇਰਾ ਆਵਨੁ ਨਾਹਿ

Fir Fir Thaeraa Aavan Naahi

फिरि फिरि तेरा आवनु नाहि

And you will not have to be reincarnated over and over again

The words of Guru are eternal Truth, they never go in vain. Throught the ages,they say, do His Simran or meditate on Him with such love and devotion, that, by doing so, one will break the cycle of births and deaths, once and forever....

Waheguru.

Edited by harsharan000

I have a question in my mind,sounds very meaningless..but here I think we are allowed to ask anything..right? My question is :while meditating,listening gurbaani or doing jaap if one starts crying, I mean a feeling to cry with no reason rises and eyes get filled with water,then what does it mean?

I have a question in my mind,sounds very meaningless..but here I think we are allowed to ask anything..right?

Yes, you are absolutely right.

My question is :while meditating,listening gurbaani or doing jaap if one starts crying, I mean a feeling to cry with no reason rises and eyes get filled with water,then what does it mean?

I am not sure, but I think crying or laughing are emotions, and maybe there are some blockages(spiritual), which get dissolved at these times when one is trying to devote oneself at His door, so that´s it. But anyhow, I am sure, there are members among the sangat here, who can precise more your question.

Anyhow, I pariticularly think that weeping at those times, is better, it releives oneself, one gets lighter....

But surely it would be a better sign, if the crying is a conscioussly crying because one is desperate like fish out of water for His Darshan, which is called "bireh", because as mahapurkhs say, that crying for Wahiguru, cleans/wipes our inner filth much more than a hundred years of bhajan bandagee ....

Waheguru

Nice answer ji,

For me i feel sudden moments of emotion of sadness etc occur during stages of surrender to Guru Ji...

for all my efforts, for all my thirst, for all my Simran in the early hours...i myself (ego) cannot make anything happen...i myself (Ego) cannot find that door where Darshan of Waheguru will occur...where do i go...?

and in those moments i fall at his feet and surrender...and call out for a helping hand...and more often than not it is in those moments where i suddenly feel pulled in close to Him...

Dear Penjee,

Okk..So one should let it happen?

I think you should let it. Or do you think you can refrain you emotions? Let them, if they are spontaneous .....

Thanks a lot for giving answer in a very humble way.I'm learning a lot here.It's all waheguru ji's grace.

WJKWJKF.

No thanks please. Can you tell me, what is there to be proud of in this creation? We are struggling souls here, if we do not give a helping hand to each other, who will? Why not share His mahima, His Love, His devotion, if it can help anybody.

As you said it is all His grace, and the more we share it, it does not get lessened, rather the more it grows, this is all His wadeeayee, everything we have, whatever it maybe, it is all His ... so what is the big deal, if we share generously His blessings among His jeevas?

It is He who is important only, not we....

Waheguru.

Edited by harsharan000

For me i feel sudden moments of emotion of sadness etc occur during stages of surrender to Guru Ji...

for all my efforts, for all my thirst, for all my Simran in the early hours...i myself (ego) cannot make anything happen...i myself (Ego) cannot find that door where Darshan of Waheguru will occur...where do i go...?

and in those moments i fall at his feet and surrender...and call out for a helping hand...and more often than not it is in those moments where i suddenly feel pulled in close to Him...

Congrats Bro,

you are definetely on the right track with the right attitude.

Devotion is done for that purpose alone, to get dissolved our ego, and then when we are not, only He exists, He is there... this is the secret of ruhaniyat.

Keep on you devotion in that way, never give up, in any conditions....

Then surely one day, with His grace, you will find yourself in His lap....

Waheguru.

• 7 years later...
On 5/11/2005 at 11:19 AM, DHANBABANANAK said:

How can we achieve mukti?

I have heard mahpursh say 'Bina guru tuo mukt na ho ve......'

So I have to go to mahapursh and ask for this jugti? 

Mukti can be achieved by attaching ourselves with someone who is already "Mukat", because we are already trapped in the mud of our countless karmas, so unless we allow our hand/arm to be catched by a strong passerby and get pulled out, for, no matter how much hard we may try, we shall keep sinking in the mud.  

That is why in the Bani it is said: Bah pakar kar kadeeya (The Guru grasped us by our arm and pulled us out).

Or also when it is said: Mat koee bharam bhoolay sansaar, bin Satgur koee na utras paar.

That is why as per Sikhee, Guru Jee is so important for us jeevas/sikhs

The Guru is the only true redeemer at all times (past , present and future), all else is maya and "koor".