Why do we light a Jot?

sk

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mloco or whoeveru are:

Here is a message:

Sant and mahapursh have brahman influence on them. Sant mahapursh are similar to brahman. e.g. donations, free food, a lot of pakhand, etc.

That is why they do anti-gurmat work. Sant Mahapursh train their granthis and send them to sgpc. They join sgpc and become granthis and stuff and do brahman stuff. Another reason is lack of understanding due to brahman influence. Ask anyone, before 1947 no SGPC controlled Gurudwara had joats. Jagiro admits this and say we are going to take care but doesn't. She is mroe talk than do. She is from a dera too. Her own dera.

mloco or whoeveru are:

Here is a message:

Sant and mahapursh have brahman influence on them. Sant mahapursh are similar to brahman. e.g. donations, free food, a lot of pakhand, etc.

That is why they do anti-gurmat work. Sant Mahapursh train their granthis and send them to sgpc. They join sgpc and become granthis and stuff and do brahman stuff. Another reason is lack of understanding due to brahman influence. Ask anyone, before 1947 no SGPC controlled Gurudwara had joats. Jagiro admits this and say we are going to take care but doesn't. She is mroe talk than do. She is from a dera too. Her own dera.

fair enough, but the people you talk about arent real sants/mahapursh.

The Khalsa Fauji living in his illusionary world where he abuses sant word and label fake people as sants..this is anti-gurmat, manmat..you need to take pesh khalsa fauji..lol

The Khalsa Fauji...if you got guts ...name the actual mahapursh you think are fake-

will take it from there:

agree???

Just a moorakh girl's opinion...I honestly don't see it as gurmat to light a jot for the purpose of attracting shaheeds or any other auspicious purpose.

Guruji instructed us as to how we should make good things happen. It's thorugh our own discipline, sacrifice, and self restraint. There are no shortcuts.

If one truly believes in Waheguru ji and no other, then one only needs to turn to Him for support. Him, and Him only.

Please forgive, and correct, any mistakes.

yea, but there is technique to everything. When the shaheedi Singhs come close you feel the Shant. Nothing bad can come close to you. I dont think thats the only reason either, fire is pure energy which could have something to do with it, and there is something about using desi kyoo for the jot too, just as you should use it in food you eat.

Maan Singh Pehvay Wala. Some other guy who is in jail now. I forgot his name. Nanaksar trying to say there was no difference between Nand Singh and SatGuru Nanak Ji. There are other sants and brahmgianis who have cases pending.

maan singh was not a sant . he was a fake .

we guys r talking about true sants .

u call urself khalsa and u r not even at that stage .khalsa is a stage given to bramgyanis . go to gurmatveechar.com and listen to the meaning of word khalsa from sant gurbachan singh ji's katha and widen ur horizon of knowledge .

i now u akali dal guys . i know ur menatlity very well . there is no use talking to such foolish and arrogant people who don't want to understand the facts but instead continue their rubbish .

u dunno who r saints , mahapurakhs , brahmgyanis etc .?

don't u even know there is no difference between god , satguru and his bhagats . they all can take the form of each other when they r one .

do u know wt Baba Nand Singh Ji asked when Guru Nanak ji came out of Guru Granth Sahib ji ?

he said " jiven vi hove aapda bana lo "

u can't even imagine his tapasya , kamai , his devotion , his humility ?

u dunno wt the hell u r talking about ? he had so much power that if we wanted he could make millions of universes in one nano second and in another nano second destro them all, yet he remained so humble and polite .u can't even imagine a fraction of his power

he was the highest of all highest of all brahmgyanis . the top most rank .

" Nand Singh Garja singh aadi jin laaj panth ki saaji " (sau sakhi )

if u dunno abt someone don't talk about them .

brahmgyanis those who have kamai of previous of janams , with lot of tapsaya become the roop of their guru .

" tohi mohi mohi tohi kanik kot antar kaisa "

understand ?

so if they want they can give darshan to uttam jagyasoo in the form of Guru Nanak . that's no big deal .

its not a big deal for brahmgyanis who r one with their guru . that's a very exreme avastha . one in trillions have this avastha of onenesss with their guru .

y r u making this such a big deal ?

so wt if someone said Baba Nand Singh ji wr roop of guru nanak ji . people have extreme devotion and love so they such things . god loves his bhagts more than anything else .

and don't dare to say anything against Baba Nand Singhji . thank god , its a forum otherwise if u had said such things in front of me , one of us might have gone to sachkhand .

yea, but there is technique to everything. When the shaheedi Singhs come close you feel the Shant. Nothing bad can come close to you. I dont think thats the only reason either, fire is pure energy which could have something to do with it, and there is something about using desi kyoo for the jot too, just as you should use it in food you eat.

Did I miss those pages of Sri Guru Granth Sahib? Maybe the English translation I have isn't very good. :wink:

Did I miss those pages of Sri Guru Granth Sahib? Maybe the English translation I have isn't very good. :wink:

like i said there is technique to everything. if you dont wanna do it then dont. I prefer to listen to Mahapursh who by looking at you know that you didnt use a jot for your mornin paat, (yess this has happend) and like challenge everything said, Guru Granth Sahib Ji doesnt say much about maryada and technique. maybe the english translation isnt good, coz i remember when it (the kyoo thing) was explained to us, a quote was used.

And I used to use english translations too, once i started understanding the Gurmukhi script I can honestly say that the english translations goin around can be quite misleading - no translation is perfect, and with Gurbani these difference are much more important - many english words that arent usually associated with the corresponding Gurmukhi are used, and misunderstood till you learn to understand. So maybe yea, the translation you have isnt good.

>> CK its not about brahamanism just a simple technique to focus the mind and by focusing on the flickering jot we can focus on our inner soul which flickers in the wind of kaljug... <<

That sounds beautiful.

I can see that a flickering light can help focus the mind. I'm totally OK with that. The ambience of an oil lamp for paath or simran actually sounds quite delightful.

I'm also OK with burning agarbhatti or scented candles or something like that to add a pleasant aspect to the room. Personally, I find incense to be quite soothing.

I just don't agree that the jot is the vehicle to take us to greater spiritual depths. It is only HIM, and our willingness to reach for HIM that can bring us there.

I'm sorry for misunderstanding. I don't mean anyone any disrespect. Thanks for the clarification :)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh