End of the World

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehehehe..lol..funny posts on there :D

If i was on there would post this.. but i doubt it..it be approved ..might make them insecure.

We are soo used to see sikh women and even sikh men being in warrior type portray that we forgot that some can dress up like raja -ie Raja Janak and someone can dress up like - (Raja Hari Chand wife's) Rani Tara and still be "Bhramgyani" (Bhram dai vich leeeeeeen/merge with god).

In Sukhmani Sahib there is a tuk- Raj Mein Raja, Jog Mein Jogi.....

If you are thinking that only sikh women with keski with no make up can get passport to sachkhand darbar then you are NOT just sad case but sadly mistaken as well.

We got figures both male and female who were king/queen and dressed up like king/queen but still leen in Vahiguroo (merge with God).

And if gurbani has accepted them not because how they dress up like but because of karni/bandagi towards Vahiguroo then

"Who are we to say otherwise"?

Bhai Gurdas Ji says referring to raja janak-

"Gurmukh Maya vich udasi"

Fact that you have figures who were king and queen but still were fakirs in Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the fact you got figures who were in full bana in Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and in Sikh History shows "diversity in the panth" ..

That's IT?? JUST foundation and concealer?

Holey rusted metal, batman. A bibi out there evens out the skin tone on her face. That gets twisted in to a story about how a child didn't recognize their mom? (Shudder)

What I don't get is...what is wrong with teaching responsibility rather than banning every single freaking thing?

If I walked out of the house with "blood-red lips" my mom would have opened a big ol' can of whoop-a$$ - and then forced me to put on a more natural color.

She might have suggested that perhaps she could take me to an Aestethician that can show me how to pick more natural colors of makeup, and how to blend them in a little better...but she wouldn't have banned me from wearing it. Wow...

We are soo used to see sikh women and even sikh men being in warrior type portray that we forgot that some can dress up like raja -ie Raja Janak and someone can dress up like - (Raja Hari Chand wife's) Rani Tara and still be "Bhramgyani" (Bhram dai vich leeeeeeen/merge with god).

wow N30 Singh, you have seen Raja Janak and Rani Tara with your own two eyes?

makeup is makeup, whether it is a man who does it or a women. So is a man allowed to colour his beard or not?

Don't hate me for this but-

If make up is make up and there shouldn't be any distincation between man and woman's make up (as you say) then do you suggest us men should also start wearing bra's now? :roll:

Yes atma is genderless from a spiritual point of view but from soceity point of view there are still differences between men and women ie- how they live life, how they act, how they dress.

have you ever see an woman who wears chola but no Pajamas? NO YOU haven't...but you have seen loads of men walk around in chola with no pajamas.. see the difference.. even in gurmat- men and women are equal no doubt but they are different as hdw said- we aren't carbon copies of each other, that is diversity.

I believe the topic of discussion is "makeup" and not bra's and pajamas. Bra's and pajamas are not makeup, atleast not that I am aware of. So can a man also colour his beard N30 Singh?

those things above listed are make up more or less...they were human made creation- soceity creation...they were use to feel comfortable/please soceity.

i don't think, man should color his beard.. but it's not Kuraheit people who do that.. let them do it..who knows ?? what was their individual circumstances/intentions unless you go personally ask them.... and Yes it may be kurahit for TAPOBANIS not for rest of the PANTH... it's a NOT kurahit, so it doesn't effect their spirituality. .. !

Wow N30 Singh! I never knew that bra’s and pajamaas are makeup accessories! Too bad companies like L’Oréal and maybelline don’t make bras and pajamas. Anyway, you still have not answered if a Gursikh can colour his beard or not.

your defination of make up is obviously much more narrow than mine...if one so called amrit dharis bibaya need to raise a voice against singhaniya's who wear make up as - jewellery, lipstick, creams etc they should also be prepared to raise voice against- bra's, different varities of shoes/sandles, different varities of clothes that they themselves lavishly use !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last post on this topic.

G'day :roll: