Sava Lakh Jaap of Mool Mantar Sahib

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
13 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

With Gurus grace , das was able to finish 1,25,000 repetition within 40 days but with many mistakes. I was not able to keep up mental brahmacharya, I broke brahmacharya of eyes maybe 3-4 times, had supan dosh 2-3 times, and ended up doing hasta maithuna on like 35th day :( physical brahmacharya broke. 

Hence, my experience will differ from those who will do it with more pure minds or at different spiritual stages. I did have some personal aspirations as a reason for this jaap. Only Guru Ji & time will tell.

regardless, Here was my experience:

- i stuck to mental japa because of time constraints. I think it will be impossible to do loud japa for 16 hours straight.

- most of the days were consistent 32 malas, however there were 4 days on which the number differed as following, 16, 6, etc

- 38-39 days were in one spot, i think i did end up changing the spot

- i did light jot for 38/40 days. lighting it everyday in itself was a challenge,,and so was making sure to keep water everyday

- the first week was full of enthusiasm, but the rest of the time it was ok

- first time i did it , it took around 5 hours, then slowly the mental speed got faster and i averaged between 3 to 3 hours 45 minutes / 32 malas depending on mental alertness. if i was sleepy it would take 4 hrs to finish

- as for focus & concentration....that was only the first 20 minutes...but the rest of the time mind was distracted with many thoughts, mostly thoughts of lust & vishe vikar

Things I learnt:

- it is very difficult to take on 40 day challenge or chalisas with fixed timing, fixed spot , fixed ghee jot, water everyday. I think these are successful for mahapurush of pure mind, who have control over their minds. it is better to do a khula japa with less restrictions.

- i cannot ever entertain the thought of doing a siddhi of a mantra...i would rather do a casual japa of moolmantra with loose timings.

Post-Japa

i dont think I am sensitive enough to notice any changes yet...the mental state is same,..hmmm... i think a ton of japa is needed, in my case, to hammer my mind, also along with japa mind needs to be trained 24/7 to live consciously and make conscious choices.

I have had this desire to do this japa for a long time, almost a decade. I am glad Guru Ji got it done from me...rest is upto him to take care of me ...

The good thing is you actually put in the effort to do this uprala which you had decided , here i have been thinking of doing sehaj paath since years and still havent reached anywhere ...this is also an awastha bro ..dont undermine it ..maybe this process has laid the foundation and you will miss the feeling you felt while doing the jap which will motivate you to do more and not as a calculative process but a progressive one.

This is the main reason i like this forum since a person like me finds motivation here with saadhaks around discussing sadhana ..you have a lot to thank Waheguru that with the Hukum of Akaal you have managed to complete what you had decided.

I am proud of you bro ...Waheguru Ang Sang Sahaai...GurbarAkaaal.

On 2016-09-15 at 4:02 AM, Bal Rehal said:

I may not be totally right, but rough calculation on my part... recommends you to try to stick to this routine for at least 6 months. (for added and best benefits)All kirpa comes from Guru Ji... but don't let it just go after the first 40 days.. 

Try to get the courage and work against all odds to get going again. 

Hopefully Maharaj does kirpa and get it done from me.

• 2 months later...
Just now, Ragmaala said:

I want to get back on the path of Bhagti & Serious Sadhana but the mind is so alsi, and always discouraging due to failures in previous attempts.

do ardaas to vaheguru. If he wishes so he can make u follow the path of gurmat. If he wishes so he can make u get caught up in the jaal of Maya. Nothing is in our hands we r mere puppets. The 5 dhoots r under his control. He is the protector who protects his deevotees on his own will. Do paath for the love of god. This love that makes u do sava lakh jaap of mool mantr. This is the love that makes you walk to darbar sahib with your head in your hand. Expect nothing in return just accept what the lord gives whether it be death of a dear one or unlimited riches it's all part of the game.

13 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

I want to get back on the path of Bhagti & Serious Sadhana but the mind is so alsi, and always discouraging due to failures in previous attempts.

Bro, try to go to a Gurudwara and listen to Kirtan (also sing along) at Amritvela. That might help you. Those positive vibes will possibly encourage your mind to do more bhagti. Doing bhagti in sangat is relatively easier than doing it alone at home for Jagayasus.

Nanaksar Gurudwara (the one near Mclauglin Rd) is amazing, especially when certain Singhs (who seem to be of high avastha) do Kirtan.

Bhul chuk maaf

7 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

how good is ur will power, bro? Having good will power wud help. I wud want to do siman for longer but my parents get angry. They think I will just do simran and not study even if I do it for I extra hour. Ah well maybe god is testing my devotion. Now, I just try to do as much as I can when I walk, eat, sit, etc. I am also thinking about god throughout my day. Bro, some of us r not as lucky, u have the chance use it. Who knows when u will die.

On 2016-12-02 at 5:07 PM, samurai said:

sorry shudnt have been so judgmental..has vishnu wisper helped you ??

On 2016-12-02 at 5:07 PM, samurai said:

I really do think you have anger management issues,you dont realize it but you are acting like a high school teenager.  Dont let anger cloud your clarity.

you get angry fast, and then start apologizing. Like you did with Chatanga.

I dont worship any body, i may agree with few thoughts of a person but thats about it. And its my choice , if I want to debate with them or not. I dont think its worth my time to debate with everything a person says that I dont disagree with them.

If you think other people are soft, just let it be, move on and do your part .

And I dont know why you are so hung up with Bhagat Singh ? every person has their unique traits and personality , just move on & let it be.

I have no hard feelings for you, if you need to write something, open another thread, and just let it be.

21 hours ago, samurai said:

ask your good friend vishnu wisperer.. can he not help you? well u shudnt have sucked him off then.. 

21 hours ago, samurai said:

first of all, I don't suck off anyone or  Bhagat Singh. There are some views that I agree with & others that I dont. I dont have to debate with him on everything. That is my personal decision. It should be none of your business.

If you have any personal problems with him , sort it out.

Dont use that language with me.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/26/2005 at 11:58 PM, Xylitol said:

I've spoken with Gyani Takhur Singh ji about this.

Here's the maryada:

Make bhog and do ardass at the start.

While doing the jaap sit on a white sheet wearing white clothes. Have water in a container near you and have a quoi (ghee) jot lit. After doing your jaap for the day splash chitey from the water around your paath room (it's good somehow, not sure if it's a necessary part of maryada) and then drink the water.

At the end make bhog and do ardass.

Here's the numbers for each day:

Gurmantr jap 108 mala

Mool mantr 32 mala

Chachree chand, Tav Prasaad mantr 32 mala

Sukhmani Sahib 5 paaths

Japji Sahib 25 paaths.

This takes 40 days to complete. All of the above are equivalent.

For mool mantar it’s 32 mala per day right (108 beads).. can a person do 16 mala in the morning and again 16 mala in the evening or have to do 32 mala at one time it could be morning or evening.. if u can answer plz do I’ll be grateful 

8 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

Bhen ji i heard in Gyani Thakur Singh's katha that it can be done half half 50/50 of 32 jaaps or malas. I don't have the link right now but its ok as he said it in his katha that Baba Harnam Singh Ji Rampurkhera Wale said its as they did 16 in morning 16 in evening.

Oh ok thank u so much.. 🙂