Baanee ta gaavoh guru keree baaneeaa sir baanee

jin kau nadar karam hovai tinaa samaanee

peevoh amrit sadaa gaavoh eh sachee baanee

kahia Nanak gaavoh eh sachee baanee

satguru binaa hor kachee hai baanee

baanee ta kachee satguru bajhoh hor kachee baanee

kahde kache sunde kache kachee aakh vakhaanee

har har nit kareh rasnaa kahe-aa kachhoo na jaanee

(anythin apart for gurubani is kachee baanee)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still havent proven that Baba Ranjit Singh made up stories, so your argument is futile. He speaks about the Guru's and praises them, if you can't hear that, then do Ardas for yourself. I wouldn't shoot you even if you did make up stories, Vaheguru will judge the people who spread Nindhia.

What do you think he talks about? Daler Mehndi and Aishwaryia Rai?

FYI no one raises their hands up in their air, maybe you are confusing the sangat for a yoga class at your local gym. There are Kathakaar who discuss and read the Bani and make speeches like Sant Singh Maskeen and Proff Darshan Singh Jee, you gonna ban them too? They talk about what Guru Jee says in our language, so does Baba Ranjit Singh, I havent heard him relate fairytales like sleeping beauty yet have you?

Firstly, you need to back up what you are implying. Are you saying Baba Ranjit Singh has gone against Guru Jee? If so, and it seems so from your post, then this is a serious allegation and I wonder who gave you the responsibility of deeming who is a Patit. Secondly, I wouldn't need to cuss your family if they went against Guru Jee, the fact that they have turned away is a slap in the face itself.

Your quote was irrelevant to the subject matter, but thanks for posting it as it is nice to read Bani whenever possible.

GurFateh

FYI he does get the sangat to raise hands up in the air.

logo.png

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh ji

ok I went to the one on Havelock Road when he came and it was so cool cos he says

Jo Bole So Nihaal

and then u raise ur hands to say

Sat Sri Akal.

I got my kiddy cousin to do it and my cousin still says Jo Bole So Nihaal Sat Sri Akal with the hand movement.

Really Cool, it is not waiving ur arms around but raising ur fist in the air, its cool, all those against it just go to one of his programs and u'll see what i mean. til then chill out.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh ji

ok I went to the one on Havelock Road when he came and it was so cool cos he says

Jo Bole So Nihaal

and then u raise ur hands to say

Sat Sri Akal.

I got my kiddy cousin to do it and my cousin still says Jo Bole So Nihaal Sat Sri Akal with the hand movement.

Really Cool, it is not waiving ur arms around but raising ur fist in the air, its cool, all those against it just go to one of his programs and u'll see what i mean. til then chill out.

Black godess wrote "FYI no one raises their hands up in their air"

This is incorrect and that is what I pointed out.

Sound like a nice party type atmosphere. Raising your hands in the air is something you would expect at a DJ to encourage amongst clubbers. Ah well if you enjoyed it then I suppose it is all good and well. The next progressive step is to start mexican waves at his programs.

You would not expect this from a DJ, not the normal hand waving like i said b4.

mexican arm waves dont have the same effect. this had nothing disrespectful about it in my opinion.

I dont knw who is right but go check it out because seeing a video or foto dont give the right picture of the atmosphere.

stopsingh, are you trying to be funny? cos it hasnt worked, people also walk and breathe in clubs, shall we stop doing that in the gurdwara's too? the intention is whats important, not the action, because the action is dependant on the intention. you sound like a jealous anti-sant campaigner from taliban.org.

Sri Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Sri Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sadh Sangat Ji,

Can as much Sangat as possible ring into Akash Radio and discuss the matters of Panjab Radio and their dishonour towards Sikhi. Panjab Radio shouldn't be listened to, No fundings should be processed.

Sri Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Sri Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Has anyone seen this video of Ranjit Singh accepting gifts on his birthday and people bowing to him?

stopsingh, are you trying to be funny? cos it hasnt worked, people also walk and breathe in clubs, shall we stop doing that in the gurdwara's too? the intention is whats important, not the action, because the action is dependant on the intention. you sound like a jealous anti-sant campaigner from taliban.org.

No I was 100% serious. Breathing is a necessity but asking people to raise their hands in the air is not.

Are you trying to be funny or can you really not differentiate between the actions you have stated ?

In Guru Ji's durbar what is the need for such gimmick behaviour. We are taught to give the fateh saluation with our hands folded together not raising them in the air. There is acceptable and unacceptable behaviour, would you let someone breakdance on stage or do the Salsa in the langar hall ? Asking people to raise their hands in the air is importing club type behaviour into a Gurdwara.

Whats there to be jealous about ? Seeing as our Guru Granth Sahib Ji is our Sant then how could I be anti Sant ?

I did not know the taliban were anti Sant. You learn something new everyday.

Well you should know that the taliban.org people are anti-sant. Look at your pathetic post, Im wondering whether it even needs a reply, you're obviously too thick. So you're saying Baba Nand Singh Jee is not a great Saint?

Im so used to people like you, brainwashed. I would never try to be funny with someone like you, waste of my energy dude.

Who taught you to say fateh with your hands folded? Noone taught me that, and who told you thats how its done? Come on, gimme names and sources.

You know you're being silly comparing the salsa with raising your hand in the air with josh saying the fateh, that tells me your attempts at being funny the second time has failed.

You have no iota of knowledge when comes to the Sants of Guru Sahib, so dont bother trying to educate people, your point of raising your hand in the air is also not credible as you have shown no proof or source which shows it is wrong. So, unless you have something worthwhile to say, go help out your friends in taliban.org, looks like they need a lot of help.

Well you should know that the taliban.org people are anti-sant. Look at your pathetic post, Im wondering whether it even needs a reply, you're obviously too thick. So you're saying Baba Nand Singh Jee is not a great Saint?

Im so used to people like you, brainwashed. I would never try to be funny with someone like you, waste of my energy dude.

Who taught you to say fateh with your hands folded? Noone taught me that, and who told you thats how its done? Come on, gimme names and sources.

You know you're being silly comparing the salsa with raising your hand in the air with josh saying the fateh, that tells me your attempts at being funny the second time has failed.

You have no iota of knowledge when comes to the Sants of Guru Sahib, so dont bother trying to educate people, your point of raising your hand in the air is also not credible as you have shown no proof or source which shows it is wrong. So, unless you have something worthwhile to say, go help out your friends in taliban.org, looks like they need a lot of help.

Why should I know that the taliban are anti Sant ? What did the Taliban do that was anti Sant ?

I tell you what next time they are doing Nishan Sahib di seva at the Gurdwara you stand next to the Panj Piare and raise your hands in the air when you do Fateh.

When a person is in josh do they really raise their hands ? I have been to a few kirtan durbar and I have never seen people raising hands in the air. Is it a case of josh or doing what the guy on the stage is saying ? If the bloke on the stage said hop around on one leg and pretend you are an Ewok, would you do that ?

Please give me names and sources that prove you should raise your hands in the air if you have josh ! Your attempts at linking josh with raising arms in the air are not very funny. Perhaps you are getting confused with that bollywood flick Josh and the dance numbers in that when they raise their hands in the air (there I go again, trying to be funny).

As for names and sources I suggest you read the Rehat Maryada issued by the Akal Takht and if you have time whilst resting from raising your arms watch a few videos of any Baba giving discourse and see how they give the fateh salutation.

As for who is thick and who is not I will leave that to the almighty. Unless you are one with the almighty and as such are qualified to make your remarks.

If you still do not know in what context the word Saint is used in Gurbani then educate yourself. There are enough resources out there for you to further your knowledge.

If Baba Deep Singh Ji was not accorded the Sant title I do not see what BABA Nand Singh Ji did to get it. No doubt you are full of gyan and one with the almighty so please let me know the answer to this.

As for being funny, frankly I do not care what you think.....oh maybe I should as you are the perfect Sikh and so knowledgeable about Gurbani.

Why should I know that the taliban are anti Sant ? Oh I see what you are saying now. As non believers are kafirs I guess you are applying this to our Guru Ji, who is our Sant.

You should know about extremism, I see noone else here proclaiming no Sants can ever exist, that's narrow mindedness and extreme. I dont know what you mean about Kafirs, maybe you're confusing this forum for an Islamic one.

I tell you what next time they are doing Nishan Sahib di seva at the Gurdwara you stand next to the Panj Piare and raise your hands in the air when you do Fateh.

Oh yeah I intend to, and I bet you noone will condemn me to hell as the people I know at my local Gurdwara are not full of bitterness and hatred.

When a person is in josh do they really raise their hands ? I have been to a few kirtan durbar and I have never seen people raising hands in the air. Is it a case of josh or doing what the guy on the stage is saying ? If the bloke on the stage said hop around on one leg and pretend you are an Ewok, would you do that ?

This is just raising one hand, have you seen people who start swaying while saying 'grooo groooo' instead of Waheguru? Have you seen people distributing so called 'naam hugs' both sexes included? What the hell is an Ewok?

Please give me names and sources that prove you should raise your hands in the air if you have josh ! Your attempts at linking josh with raising arms in the air are not very funny. Perhaps you are getting confused with that bollywood flick Josh and the dance numbers in that when they rasie their hands in the air (there I go again, trying to be funny).

Why the hell should I give you sources when Im not objecting to anything? Do you have some kind of mental problem or can you really not understand basic english? I didnt know about the film, you seem to be quite the bollywood film critic here, seems like you spend a lot of time watching the dance choreography, no wonder you're so obsessed with how people move in the Gurdwara.

As for names and sources I suggest you read the Rehat Maryada issued by the Akal Takht and if you have time whilst resting from raising your arms watch a few videos of Baba giving discourse and see how they give the fateh salutation.

Which Rehat Maryada? AKJ? Taksal? I mean, who really follows the Akal Takhat Maryada anymore? Ive seen how he gives the Fateh, no problem with it, maybe you're blind.

As for who is thick and who is not I will leave that to the almighty. Unless you are one with the almighty and as such are qualified to make your remarks.

I used my brain to work out you're thick from your posts, just like you used your brains to work out there are no Sants whatsoever.

If you still do not know in what context the word Saint is used in Gurbani then educate yourself. There are enough resources out there for you to further your knowledge

I dont need advise from a deluded weirdo like yourself thanks, I already know what Guru Sahib is saying in terms of Sants.

If Baba Deep Singh Ji was not accorded the Sant title I do not see what BABA Nand Singh Ji did to get it. No doubt you are full of gyan and one with the almighty so please let me know the answer to this.

I call Baba Deep Singh, Sant Baba Deep Singh, so what? What is your point? All you talibanistic Sant bashers repeat the same points, havent you got anything new yet?

As for being funny, frankly I do not care what you think.....oh maybe I should as you are the perfect Sikh and so knowledgeable about

Gurbani.

Well, obviously you care, otherwise you wouldnt have taken time out of your important Sant bashing schedule to type up a reply to my post.

Oh btw, I read the Akal Takhat Maryada, nowhere is it mentioned that you must not raise your hand in the air when saying Fateh out of Josh, any other sources you'd like me to check for you?

Well does it say when in Josh you are NOT allowed to balance a can of Pepsi Max on your head whilst wearing a t shirt with a picture of a Haden mango on it or when in josh you can do cartwheels around the durbar hall.

IN MY OPINION there are accepted norms and raising your hands/arms as ravers would do in a club is not one of them.

Have you managed to watch a few videos of any Baba to see how the fateh salutation is done ? Get a few videos of Shaheed Baba Jarnail Singh Ji and see if he does any of these club moves you feel are ok in the Durbar of Guru Ji.

Maybe you are confusing Sikhi with the dirty practices that occur in Nirankhari all night disco/hedonist type events.

I suggest you study the Shabad Hazareh of Guru Arjun Dev Ji, to understand who the Sant title is used for in Sikhi.

Stop Singh, Just stop now, your anger has become uncontrollable, you are supposed to control it, and thats in the Maryada. It doesnt say its ok, or its not ok in the Maryada, and its not disrespectful, people will not stop doing it because you put up a few posts. I dont think you have any valid points so I'll leave it at that. Try to open your mind, it will help you.

I really worry about how you know so much about bollywood and clubs.

Stop Singh, Just stop now, your anger has become uncontrollable, you are supposed to control it, and thats in the Maryada. It doesnt say its ok, or its not ok in the Maryada, and its not disrespectful, people will not stop doing it because you put up a few posts. I dont think you have any valid points so I'll leave it at that. Try to open your mind, it will help you.

I really worry about how you know so much about bollywood and clubs.

No anger at all unlike you. You carry on doing your club version of the fateh salutation. Everytime you meet another GurSikh give them the feteh salutation with your hands in the air as if you are about to do bhangra. You could even get a special sensor prepared so everytime you lift your arms a toombi tune starts to play (should be ok as it does not say you can not do this in the rehat maryada).

So have you read the Shabad Hazareh of Guru Arjun Dev Ji ? This is what I have read and understood to develop my "thick" views. I doubt you will read this as all you want to do is live in your "special" world where pigs fly and fairies live at the end of the garden.

Seeing as you know so much about who is a mahapursh and the use of the Sant title (or pretend you do) then is it not possible to have past experience of watching bollywood films and clubbing ?

Good attempt stopsingh, pity noone is now interested. You can call my way of saying Fateh a joke, but your opinion means zilch, carry on ranting and raving, it really is very entertaining.

No one apart from you is interested. My opinion may mean zilch but yours is even below that. At least I am able to form an opinion rather than making absurd statements without understanding what our Guru Ji wrote.

So have you read Shabad Hazareh or are you scared as your delluded myths about Sant will be destroyed ?

I cant claim to understand what Guru Ji are saying because I'm just a moorakh and Stopsingh I doubt ur more intelligent.

We all have our interpretations of what Guru Ji are saying. I think it is fair to accept the other person's interpretation as possibly valid and to expect the same from them in return.

One cannot claim that their intepretation alone is valid because if I am correct, there are at least 30 different intepretations of Jap Ji Sahib da paath.

Of course, Shabad Hazare is a perfect example for you to use, but one cannot deny that Guru Ji makes several references to saints, note that they would only say saint if the word was used for Guru Ji alone.

This is because Guru Ji are only ONE, one sant, saints would mean that there can be more than one.

Afterall, in my opinon, which you may or may not value, Guru Ji cannot claim they are more than one. They are only one jyot in several forms.

If I am incorrect then please do correct me, but I am not claiming to be correct for the reasons given above.

Har Naal Pyar,

I respect your view, but when people just voice a view for the sake of it like black godess then I take issue with it. She has not read Shabad Hazareh yet makes statements linking me with having taliban type outlook on saints etc.

I would not mind if she could back this view up. My views on Sant are based on Shabad Hazareh and history. History clearly shows that the Sant title only came into vogue during the 20th century. Now in Punjab there are more so called Sant, Baba etc than there are villages in Punjab.