Swami Parmanand ji UK tour

tSingh

Swami Parmanand ji is back in the UK around Birmingham way.

He is a teacher of Vedanta and is respected among traditional Sikhs. He has good relations with Sri Mahant Tirath Singh Sevapanthi for example (and visited Goniana Mandi a year or so ago), he also attends smagams at Nanaksar (Baba Ram Singh wale) and Sri Mahant Gyan Dev Singh of Nirmal Panchayti Akhara.

I was once told that he is an Udasi mahatma but am unable to confirm that, plus his name is Giri which makes me doubly doubtful. Can anyone confirm otherwise?

Anyway, I won't be in the UK when he's here, but he will be visiting Brummy related places like the Durga bhavan, Nanaksar gurdwaray and the Namdhari gurdwara.

I have heard his discourses, he speaks on common themes with deep philosophical twist, very interesting. He visited Nanaksar in New Zealand (Sant Baba Amar Singh Jee) and the sangat enjoyed his lectures there a great deal.

Unfortunately, we have people from taliban.org already shouting RSS before hearing what he has to say.

Black Goddess Jee,

I dont understand is, how does a person become an afghan simply because they dont agree with you on some swami jee? despite what Swami Jee has to say about what he beleives in, he is not Gursikh, hense has no authority to lecture Sikhs in a Gurdwara (of all places) on Dharm. Maybe a Mandhir or community center would be a more appropriate place for such events to be held.

Ooooh, so as long as you are 'GurSikh' you can 'lecture' in the Gurdwara, what if you are a 'GurSikh' but also a rapist? There are plenty of self-claimed 'GurSikhs' around who follow anything but GurMat.

Also, you dont become an afghan by disagreeing with me, you become a member of taliban by being anti-sant and anti everything normal. That's a huge difference.

Ps. Nice move, I noticed your sudden edit from 'he is not Amritdhari' to 'he is not GurSikh. :wink:

Black Goddess Jee,

I dont understand is, how does a person become an afghan simply because they dont agree with you on some swami jee? despite what Swami Jee has to say about what he beleives in, he is not Gursikh, hense has no authority to lecture Sikhs in a Gurdwara (of all places) on Dharm. Maybe a Mandhir or community center would be a more appropriate place for such events to be held.

Ever heard of Inter-faith ??

Ever heard of Guru Kee Masjeed Singh47?

I never had chance to listen to his lecture but I would love to listen to one. Can someone upload his lecture online?

Is this Swami Ji? http://www.swamiji.info/default.php

i too would love to hear what swami ji has to say... please upload them if you have them, if you can't find a place to upload then pm me with ur msn so i can upload them for you. :)

Wow Black Goddess,

You seem genuinely agitated.

“what if you are a 'GurSikh' but also a rapist?â€

Obviously you are not a ‘Gursikh’ if you are a rapist, unless of course you think that raping is also a part of ‘Gursikhi’. Gursikhi comes from following the Sikhi of the Gurus i.e. Naam Simran, reciting Gurbani, keeping Amritvela and rehet etc.

How can a non-Gursikh lecture Sikhs on Gursikhi when he himself is not following the path of Gursikhi? It’s almost like a music teacher trying to teach physics to physics students. It just doesn’t add up. Anyway, please visit the following link on the Gursikhi jeevan site.

http://www.gursikhijeevan.com/media/video/...Amritdharis.wmv

It is about whether or not Non Amritdharis should be allowed on a Gurdwara stage for parchaar.

N30 Singh,

I think that you have misunderstood me. Sikhs (including Taksal) are not against non-Sikhs giving lectures that are social or political in nature, but are against non-Sikhs giving lectures that are religious in nature. There is a world of difference between political/social lecture and a religious lecture. At Maltan Gurdwara, you will see many non-Sikh MP’s/ MPP’s giving political/social lectures, but you will not see non-Sikhs giving religious advise to Sikhs in a Gurdwara stage, a perfect example is a few years ago when Chaman Lal was not allowed to do Kirtan and Katha at Maltan Gurdwara because he was a non-Sikh.

I don’t make the rules, but I certainly do follow them.

The way I see it, if we all keep an open mind, if someone discusses religious matters it won't hurt us will it... in fact it may strengthen us in some regards to see another individual having found peace within themselves... I have had the blessing of seeing many Sant jis and Swami jis and each one has encouraged me to continue the journey....

And if it really matters to you that they won't be preachin what you want to hear, then in the end you should at least respect what they are saying and not judge them for it, because they're doing what they're expected to...(try to think what would our Guru Jis do in such a situation)

Singh, it takes a lot more to agitate me, so dont worry. I was referring to the fake GurSikhs out there. I mean, if people have a problem with fake Sants, why not accept there are some people who call themselves GurSikhs and do lectures and katha but follow none of the rules of Gurmat? Is that not possible?

I know what a GurSikh should do, but thanks for the insight.

Black Goddess Jee,

...despite what Swami Jee has to say about what he beleives in, he is not Gursikh, hense has no authority to lecture Sikhs in a Gurdwara (of all places) on Dharm. Maybe a Mandhir or community center would be a more appropriate place for such events to be held.

First of all veer does God have a Religion? We are after all seekng that one God, whether you call yourself Sikh in this lifetime or not.

meremann.jpg

4th line down, do you know what the word, "koi" means? Koi Baat Sunavay, and he who tells me abuot my God, my Preetam is my Bhai, is my brother?? So then this non-Gursikh guy is not your Bhai, your Friend? Does that line say only Gursikh? Is your definition of Gursikh only limited to Amritdharis?? In the context of Religion, you are correct, in the context of Universality, you only limit the potential of this title.

Pheena, 'Koi Baat Sunaavea' applies to the Baat of Vaheguru. Swami Jee in contrast happens to be a Vaishnava and a Bhagat/Shardaloo of Krishan. If you consider Krishan to be your supreme god, then by all means go ahead and listen to him. A Gurdwara is a place were Sants/Bhais/Gianis give us the knowledge about Gurmat and Gursikhi. But if a speaker i.e. in this case Swami Jee himself is not a Gursikh/Khalsa then how is he qualified on preaching Gurmat to Gursikhs? As I have mentioned earlier, a Mandhir or a community center seems more suitable for such lectures.

Guest SAdmin

I was browsing his website and it seems he teaches "Vedanta" philosophy.

Swami Ji teaches from the Vedanta philosophy,

which believes there is just one soul

that pervades through out the universe.

God,

The Supreme Soul,

is the

Universe

and we are all part of or

a reflection of that existence

swami_at_radjhani_mandir.jpg

Admin jee, on his site http://www.swamiji.info/default.php it clearly says:

"His teachings on the Bhagavad Gita are clear, concise, and easy to understand. He shows everyone the path to Self Realization. "

"He is also sponsor of Vatsalyagram (Affection Village) in Vrindavan (Birthplace of Krishna) "

His teachings are based on the bhagwad gita. He obviously has a devotion like affection for Krishan. Also, Vedanta seems to be a little bit of a misunderstood word. Vaishnavs and Shaivs also claim to be Vedantic, who is to say they are not?

Also, even if Swami Jee believes Vedanta, how does that exactly qualify him to teach Gurmat to Gursikhs and that too of all places in a Gurdwara? As Dasam Pashaa has said

Simrat, Shastar, Bedh sabhea, bauh bhedh kahea, hum ek naa manyo||