'je hum ko parmesar ouchari hey, te sab narak kund mahi pari

Guest SAdmin

Guest SAdmin

Why Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji used these strong words to convey his message?

Guru, Gobind Singh, wrote, 'je hum ko parmesar ouchari hey, te sab narak kund mahi pari hey' (whosoever addresses me as God shall go to hell) (Vachitar Natak, canto/chapter 6, chaupai/verse 32, Dasam Granth, p. 57).

• 4 weeks later...

Challenge bhao..

firstly gurfateh yaara gurbrakaal hope all was wonderfully nihal..

secondly i like the deeper interpretation of hum meaning me for each individual hence saying the shabad is refering to the person reading..

However if u look at the whole context that the shabad is a part of .. the bachitar natak is after all maharaj talking about himself.. :P

So what you say to that !!

• 9 years later...

Some really great explanation above. My understanding/research is also more aligned on above members line of thought or understanding of this great mysterious gurbani tuk:

jae ham ko paramaesar ouchar hai | thae sabh narak kundd mehi par hai |
Translation:- “Those who call me God, will fall into the pit of hell.

This vaak of maharaj should be seen as scolding of our father, cannot be taken literally. However overall message behind this vaak of this maharaj should be taken seriously. What Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji is saying- don't be attached to my transient (shud bhram sargun) saroop-personal god saroop, don't confine me in transient shud sargun saroop. Realize- your and my real saroop which is Nirgun saroop via bhagti, shabad dhun, shabad gian- bhramgyan.