Eyebrow plucking

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Javanmard

:idea:

Well as far as my research is concerned the changed occured during the British Raj. Leitner talks about the high level of education Sikhs had before due to the Nirmale and Udasi schools. The British closed a lot of these schools down and convinced SIkhs that the best way for them was to serve in the army i.e. become a Sikh of the Raj. The Tat Khalsa when they took over Harimandar Sahib slowly closed down all the bunge that functioned like Sikhi's central university and now we have a community where being stupid is not a problem. sad indeed

Lalleshavari, Personally please don't start having such conflicts.

On this board, we all are brothers and sisters and so forth. So there don't fight why he asked you a personal question. Perhaps him knowing that could give you better advice.

And personally, you answering that question..why is it so personal to you/ If you are a true sikh, why would you be embarrased to tell such a thing.

Anyways, keep it safe.!

Personally, it seems to me as though "Narsingha" and "lalleshvari" are on this forum trying to spread twisted views that contradict Sikhi (MODERATORS, please watch out for them..they might be part of one of those stupid groups that are trying to brainwash people with anti-sikh propaganda)

Steel Bangle Veerjee's not a sick minded perv like some other people who have posted about this issue (not to mention any names, *ahem*), thus, he wouldn't ask a question like that with any bad intentions.. You're trying to twist words around but it's not even working! If you take a question in the wrong way, it doesn't mean the person who asked it had the same retarted intentions as you would perceive

Anyways ... :roll:

You all can have your "well-groomed" (hahahaaa) eyebrows and remove the rest of your hair too, no one's stopping you. If you want to be a Sikh, on the other hand, try accepting Sikh tenants first, rather than calling yourself a Sikh and preaching Manmat.

We shouldn't try to change Sikhi to suit the needs of Kaljug and our minds, we should change our minds that are suffering in Kaljug, so we can suit Sikhi. It can't be the other way around, and if you want it to be, then you should practice a different religion, no one's asking you to be a Sikh.. Guru Jee doesn't need you, you need him.

Personally, it seems to me as though "Narsingha" and "lalleshvari" are on this forum trying to spread twisted views that contradict Sikhi (MODERATORS, please watch out for them..they might be part of one of those stupid groups that are trying to brainwash people with anti-sikh propaganda)

:LOL::LOL: LOL, R K ...Thats your 'point of view', but please I think thats just as bad as anything to say that, because you've got no sold evidence.

Anyways, Sorry, But that did crack me up :D:D

im glad i made you laugh, desi kurdi... making a gurmukh smile is considered seva to me :wink: :bow: honestly, desi kurdi, you don't know these days.. can't really trust these people.. try reading all their posts and you'll see what i mean.. you don't have to agree with me, haha, but most of the time i get feelings about this stuff and it turns out to be true..

all i'm sayin is i honestly wouldn't be surprised if they were from one of those groups.. even the nihangs in the uk are supported by the rss

if i was easily influenced by you 'narsingha', i'd agree with your views, lol

yeah i've read it and been warned by several people who i can trust more than you :) thus i'd rather believe them

their website is obviously twisted, i've even spoke to singhs in england who are a part of their "shastar vidya" classes. they've told me the real crap these people preach..

either way, true singhs know what real sikhi is about and they know when a person pretends to be a sikh, but has ulterior motives.

Maharaj spoke in Indian languages not in English. In India hair is not hair i.e. there are different terms for different types of hair and kesh is 100% your hair on your skalp that's it! Now if you don't know why there is no mention of other types of hair: Do your own research!!!!

hey KES IS HAIR HAIR IS KESH KESI IS ANY HAIR ON ANY PART OF OUR BODIES...TO SAY THAT KES IS HEAD HAIR AND KESH IS NOT ANY OTHER HAIRS IS WRONG MAN

WHO CARES ABT SANSKRIT MEANINGS...I THINK U R JUST TWISTING THIS KESH/HAIR ISSUE BY USING THE SANSKRIT LANGUAGE MEANINGS OF KESH EXCUSE

AND THERE IS NO NEED TO FLIRT WITH HERE OR NEWHERE REALLY

HAIR IS KESH AND KESH IS HAIR AND GURU JI NEVER SAID THAT JUST KEEP HAIR ON URE HEAD AND A DARA...GURU TELLS TO KEEP HAIR ON ALL OF OUR BODIES... SO STOP TWISTING THIS AS I CAN FEEL IT U R ..U CAN BELIEVE/DO WATEVA U THINK IS RIGHT FOR U, BUT STOP ENFORCING URE VIEW THAT KESH IS ONLY HAIR ON SCALP AND BLA BLA BLA WATEVA...

NO OFFENCE BUT WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND

FATEH :P

"their website is obviously twisted, i've even spoke to singhs in england who are a part of their "shastar vidya" classes. they've told me the real crap these people preach.. "

..regarding this comment...

Firstly, if you actually make an effort to turn up to any of these classes, you will realise no one is preaching anything. So therefore, this statement is complete bullshit. If anyone has any doubts, then turn up to the classes and see for yourself.

Secondly, it is people such as yourself who have such paranoia about Nihang Singhs who prevent others from learning the art of Savya Rakhsha and Shastar Vidiya and then moan about how Sikhs are getting attacked on the streets. If you do not wish to learn, its your loss....this vidiya will simply go to someone who appreciates it more than you.

Finally, try to understand that not has such Talibanistic ideals such as yourself with it comes to practicing Sikhi. Every individuals perception of Dharam is dependend on their intellect and experience as speaks Chaupee Sahib, learn to respect the teachings of Gurbani if nothing else and allow people the freedom to explore their own Sikhi.

Hmm NaraSingh, if I lived in England I'd come to the classes myself, but I'm not really in the mood to fly down there for 8 hours, unless you wanna buy me a ticket. :)

Please give me an example of "Talbianistic" ideals that I have? Thanks.

learn to respect the teachings of Gurbani if nothing else and allow people the freedom to explore their own Sikhi.

I agree with you, bhajee. But you should put emphasis on the SIKHI part, explore their own SIKHI, not manmat.. If we want to call ourselves Sikhs, we should live according to the teachings of the Sikh Gurus.

Yeah, Aman Singh, I agree with you.. But in reality, none of these guys are an actual threat anyway. They're nothing to be afraid of.

Some advice...

It may be an idea to actually do your research regarding the RSS. If you had, you would not make the statements you have made

In trying to "expose" us, you are only exposing your own ignorance. You have to remember that many non-sikhs also visit these forums, so it may be an idea to actually think before posting anything.

We wouldnt want people to get the impression that Sikhs are so ignorant and paranoid about their own faith now wud we?

:)

hahahaha

as a matter of fact, i have done research about the rss

i'm not trying to "expose" you, most people already know who you are and what you're trying to do, whether they care or not is the question.

although they know, they're not worried. and why would they be anyway?

:LOL:

NarSingh Maharaj saw Akaal in all, but he also destroyed his enemies (who also had Akaal in them) for they went against Dharam. :P

Mr Gabroo, cannabis and mahaprasad (meat) is not banned within the Budha Dal (www.sarbloh.info and www.shastarvidiya.org has provided ample quotes from scripture, oral tradition and historical texts (Sikh and non-Sikh) to prove this to be the case). On the contrary they are an essential part of Kyshatria (warrior) tradition.

"for everys information, sukha, phung and ne intoxicant is banned in aal reall akali nihung clans (not sects) inclujding dhun bhudda daaal"

- Gabroo

Please provide any evidence for your extraordinary claims (aside from opinion).

Regarding the RSS, it is clear you have not done your research. Lets look at some examples to highlight this. In the fact that the RSS are anti-Muslim (this is the entire reason WHY the RSS was started) and have a political agenda to remove Muslims from India. Their base is Maharashtra (where Sikhs are in an extreme minority).

If we were RSS as you and others of your thinking consider us to be, then dear boy:

a) why would we have sections on Kabir and Sheikh Farid on www.sarbloh.info?

B) why would we even acknowledge the great Sufi saints?

c) why would we go out of our way to state so many times that the Gurus had Muslim aquintances?

d) why would we even highlight the fact the Islam is also another path to God along with Sikhi?

e) why do we have pictures of HINDU fanatics destroying a Mosque on www.sarbloh.info?

f) why are we persuing racial harmony, multicultural society and respecting the faith of others, instead of telling everyone to convert to becoming Sikhs or Hindu?

g) why do we have pictures of the Kabba, Muslim saints, Muslim devotees such as Mirza (see Charitropakhyaan sections)

h) almost ALL the paintings of the Gurus on www.sarbloh.info are done in PERSIAN (moghal) style...not "sikh" or even "hindu"

...what else has your research shown?

:roll:

Guest Javanmard

NO offence but I think that before making such statements you should learn Sanskrit first just as Guru Gobind SIngh did before he learnt Panjabi. I am not writings these things out of fun. I am a scholar and I stick to what is objectively true. Now if some people don't want to have vidya that's fine but then they should refrain from ideological comments without substantiating them with evidence.