Eyebrow plucking

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Javanmard

If they don't know where to find the evidence then they should think about learning Sanskrit and Braj first instead of preaching without understanding what they're talking about. 8)

i don't understand how you people can justify consuming intoxicants

the world knows it doesn't make sense anyhow

you're right, narasingha, i don't have enough 'evidence' to *prove* you're wrong, and i don't think most people here right now do either, but what you're trying to prove doesn't even make sense -- that someone can 'groom' their eyebrows but not remove the rest of their hair.. i'm really starting to lose care about this crap anyways.. most people know what real sikhi is, whether you do or not isn't my business, it's upto th e dharam raj and jamdhoots to decide.. you have your fate and i have mine

whether you're rss or not doesn't even matter to me, because you're still preaching anti-gurmat propaganda

i think you and lalleshvari are once again alone on your opinion of eyebrows, and that's what we're supposed to be discussing, remember?

i agree with the other person's post... we're not trying to expose you, you're doing a good job at exposing yourself..

if this is just going to turn into a fight, there's no point in me coming here..

to everyone else here who has genuine love for guru nanak, id like to say, vaheguru jee kaa khalsa, vaheguru jee kee fatheh!!!!!!!!!! :sikhiwink2:

in our life we tend to prgress in education. Some become cleaver whilst other remain thick. (ppl like me)

In the Blue corner we've got lallesvari who has an extensive depth understanding of sanskrit and braj.

In the Red corner you got people like me, people who have yet to study languages. For us, people at the young age, we accept the fact the Kesh is Kesh.

But (da da da, here where it get complicated so darshan kaur, read slowly lol. only joking) , i looked into this matter, and found, Kesh is not all hair. Sorry to say this as i was shocked too. So now im stuck in the Yellow corner thinking which way to go.

At the moment I've decided, i happy with my eyebrows and keeping them. If you guys aint, then do you own bloody research :D.

Plus, if you get stuck on how to do it, a good idea is to get hold of Mahan Kosh, there is a copy online in the Download section.

yeh but when most people hear "its whats inside that counts" it sounds sortov....u no......lol in some film some guy says "only ugly people say that" haha (its nt tru tho).....its kinda patronising....im nt sure of the word im lookin for.....but nyway u can still b "beautiful" and have untrimmed eyebrows.....because its only at a certain spiritual stage that looks TRULEY cease to matter....u no wot i mean?

Guest Javanmard

If you're happy with your eyebrows I am happy for you

If your eyebrows are one of these mono eyebrows like Gonzo's from the Muppet Show then you have two options: be happy with it or correct it. I mean there are so many horrible chemicals in our food that bring about unatural pilosity. My vidyagurdev in Panjab told me that 50 years ago in Panjab facial hair wasn't an issue because the food we were eating was 100% natural, very few women (or even men) actually suffered from hormonal disorder provoking unatural pilosity.! :wink:

Gufateh

sum one jus rote that the reason behind eyebrow plucking is to

"Logic, obviously to beautify yourself, especially if you have bushy eyebrows? "- but i thought the argument was that beauty comes from within?

Simi Ji, that someone was me, you may have overlooked my name, anyway, I do believe beauty comes from within, however corny or cliched it sounds, the question was asked as to what the logic behind plucking eyebrows was, I answered with my opinion.

Gurfateh

Gurpreet

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

8 pages worth of 'discussion' and we're still confused :stan:

i once asked a gurmukh the same question..and the answer i got was in the form of a rhetorical question...

the person said to me.."Who are you doing it for?"

..something to think about :D

the only reason we feel the need to alter our body image is to please others...and there is a hidden and indirect motive behind everything we do, although we may blame it on others..i hope that makes some sense.

if we just ask ourselves who we're practicing Sikhi for, i think we may find the answer to this question (and so many others).

if we didn't already know eyebrow plucking is wrong, this discussion wouldn't have started in the first place.

chardee kalaa

sorry if i offended anyone

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

What is bushy eyebrows? I hope you are not talking about a woman in her Eighties !! :oops: because only at this age the eyebrows grow so long that they come on to your eyes. :LOL: