After amrit

Hi i took amrit recently after coming back into sikhi. It was the greatest experience of my life so far. Before i took amrit i used to be in maya and within the five evils without realising they used to enter my mind. After taking amrit i realised that they existed and was more aware of them as being an enemy and a danger to me and my faith. At certain points i felt them chasing after me, trying to trick and trap me. But recently i admit i have let them enter my mind and create mayhem with thoughts of kaam and honkaar and i feel so bad about it. When i took amrit i made a promise to guru ji that i would rise above these kind of things but i feel as if i have gone back on the amrit that i was blessed with by being defeated by these ememies. i feel guilty now and to be honest i dont no what to do in terms of gaining some kind of forgiveness, jus want to hear wat you guys have to say on the topic...thanks for your time

If getting rid of the 5 evils was that easy most of us would be saints. I would say that taking amrit is the first step for you. Evil knows you have recognised it and now it has stepped up the fight one notch. But you also have realization on your side and you have the tools your Gurus provided to you to conquer these 5 evils... use the tools.

Use the 5 Ks to fight the 5 evils. Look to your kara and feel it on your wrist and remember your commitment to your Guru with every action done by you. Let your kesh and kara remind you of your submission to God's will. Let your kara remind you that you are the slave of your Lord. This should keep a check on honkaar. Let your kachera remind you to keep kaam in check.

Keep the company of good people who encourage and support you in your faith and spiritual journey. Sikhism is a brotherhood also so use the help of your brothers when you are feeling spiritually weak.

Try and remember God with each action and thought. Say the name of God in your mind before you say or do something and you will find it will control what you do and say and even what you think.

When all this is done with pure intentions then God willing it will help you overcome the 5 evils.

If getting rid of the 5 evils was that easy most of us would be saints. I would say that taking amrit is the first step for you. Evil knows you have recognised it and now it has stepped up the fight one notch. But you also have realization on your side and you have the tools your Gurus provided to you to conquer these 5 evils... use the tools.

Use the 5 Ks to fight the 5 evils. Look to your kara and feel it on your wrist and remember your commitment to your Guru with every action done by you. Let your kesh and kara remind you of your submission to God's will. Let your kara remind you that you are the slave of your Lord. This should keep a check on honkaar. Let your kachera remind you to keep kaam in check.

Keep the company of good people who encourage and support you in your faith and spiritual journey. Sikhism is a brotherhood also so use the help of your brothers when you are feeling spiritually weak.

Try and remember God with each action and thought. Say the name of God in your mind before you say or do something and you will find it will control what you do and say and even what you think.

When all this is done with pure intentions then God willing it will help you overcome the 5 evils.

you my Friend are just Amazing. I've heard the same advice given before but hearing it from someone with your likeness just makes me realize that Truth sees no boundries. A Commonality which had failed to develop within us as brothers is showing a sign of hope. Amen to you brother.

you my Friend are just Amazing. I've heard the same advice given before but hearing it from someone with your likeness just makes me realize that Truth sees no boundries. A Commonality which had failed to develop within us as brothers is showing a sign of hope. Amen to you brother.

yes pheena you should come here in toronto..we all (harry, me, gursev, baz) all going to convert you from texan to torontion and join tim hortons dera :LOL::D

It's all God's grace and I am glad a moorakh like me can offer advice to a brother regardless of our religious shells. Sometimes this place is filled with Light and it feels good to be bathed in it with some of you. To be quite honest being here has strengthened my faith within myself and I thank a lot of you for that. This particular passage from the Quran comes to mind when I get the sensation of His Light on us here. I dont understand this verse completely and Im going to look into it more but it seems like a verse that needs to be reflected on because it seems to have layers and layers of meaning to it... it has always stood out for me.

-------------------------------------------------

Surah Al-Noor (the Light) from the Quran:

35. Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: Lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah doth guide whom He will to His Light: Allah doth set forth Parables for men: and Allah doth know all things.

36. (Lit is such a Light) in houses, which Allah hath permitted to be raised to honour; for the celebration, in them, of His name: In them is He glorified in the mornings and in the evenings

--------------------------------------------------------------

This place is one of those houses of Light because of the good intentions and hearts of many of the people in it. God bless you all :)