• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ne0 answers to your questions...

1. No

2.No ...they spoke in a very hostile and rude way

3. some of the mob sparked it off.

also like sAdmin says...let the Uk Authority handle this, they have confiscated all the videos on the premises, so i am unable to get a copy.

i wasnt in the building when it happened, but my 8 year old cousin sister was, my puaji and bibi were.

this is only the beginning, but many people are gonna get charged as the mayor and local labour mp were there, who also got injured.

for the local police this is a top priorty case, as they are also linking some of the attackers to terror organisations.

nuff said. i am not gonna post on this any more....

let the mob justify there cowardly actions , and let the so called self appointed khalsa/sangat/ panth pump them up...until they kill someone or till they get sorted kautliya style!!!

Big wow the Labour MP and some councillour were there.

Challo let the charges fly.

We will see what the councillour and committee wale have to say when they are summoned to the Akal Takht. Will the have the backbone to go to the Akal Takht when summoned or are they going to hide in Leamington.

Yes yes sure terror organisations. Having a picture of Shaheed Baba Jarnail Singh Ji in your house does not make you a terrorist....LOL Chalo let the police charge these people with having terror links. It will be fun to see a prosecution collapse.

StopSingh, Jungee and Harpartap Singh,

As mentioned above, let's allow for this matter to be fully assessed before we begin any naming and shaming be that of individuals or Jathas.

Attitudes like those expressed above by opposing sides is a concern for the type of mentality present in today's Sikh youth, particularly with regard to the presence of the local MPs.

I am not suggesting we bow out of this, because the MPs are involved, however asking that we please seek to exercise a certain amount of "common sense" and actually use our Brains alongside our Brawn.

The RFGGS Campaign is a worthwhile endeavour and needs to continue its efforts, however all this will fall away with increased cases of such occurences - i.e. any increase in allegations concerning use of violence or threatening behaviour, particularly now that they involve local MPs will soon lead to the possibility of not only alienation for this campaign, the Sikh Youth and others by elements of OUR community (whether they are right or wrong, they remain OURS and let's not forget that) and moreover, the right to continue these campaigns as the police and authorities will soon crack down on them as illegal and of course linked to Terrorism.

Bringing the Akal Thakt into this matter doesn't really change anything, we live in the UK not in India - where the Akal Thakt clearly manages to do very little, given that Punjab is increasingly a profitable zone for barber shops and liquor stores.

Let's please continue our efforts to rid these kurehiti activities from our institutions, however not in this manner - stirring up emotions through the use of the Sukha Singh and Mehtab Singh Saakhi and others will not serve this end, but only lead to more infighting where we could potentially solve the matter by other means.

Gur Fateh!

Niranjana.

>>Bringing the Akal Thakt into this matter doesn't really change anything, we live in the UK not in India

Pointless remark. The Akal Takht is not just for those in India. People from other countries have been summoned and appeared before the Akal Takht in the past.

But I suppose you are right. Those who can use Guru Ghar buildings for sharab parties will have little respect for the Akal Takht. But it might still be possible to summon these committee wale when they visit India.

Dear Stop Singh,

I think you’ll find it is far from being a pointless remark, partly because you have answered it for yourself (re: “But I suppose you are right. Those who can use Guru Ghar buildings for sharab parties will have little respect for the Akal Takht. But it might still be possible to summon these committee wale when they visit Indiaâ€) and also because I mentioned this in particular with respect to your earlier post in which you stated:

<<Big wow the Labour MP and some councillour were there. Challo let the charges fly. We will see what the councillour and committee wale have to say when they are summoned to the Akal Takht. Will the have the backbone to go to the Akal Takht when summoned or are they going to hide in Leamington. >>

This is a very naive comment (not the part about the Akal Thakt) but that concerning the “Big Wow†and “let the charges fly†– and also typical of today’s youth who seem to think themselves above the law and then cry when prevented from wearing their kirpans on planes.

This is not some cop out on my part to suck up to the MP or councillors, but let’s just think about the implications this could have on actually being ‘legally’ permitted and to what extent we will be permitted to carry on with say the RFSGGS campaign? Will the authorities really believe our honest intentions for a <<peaceful>> demonstration after we have attacked figures from that same authority (be they in the wrong or right)?

<<Yes yes sure terror organisations. Having a picture of Shaheed Baba Jarnail Singh Ji in your house does not make you a terrorist....LOL Chalo let the police charge these people with having terror links. It will be fun to see a prosecution collapse.>>

I’m not sure I am with you here, I cannot see what would be so funny about a prosecution against any Sikh in the first place? Do we really need to bring this upon ourselves? Agreed the oldies in question here need to be sorted, but surely we have means of doing so in a more dignified manner?

stop singh, attacking a MP, Lawyer, Policeman etc are not small things that will brush off easily.

as I believe someone already stated, we would have hoped that the aftermath of the Behzti event (be it blown out of proportion by the media or not) would be something we wished to leave behind us, however clearly not - particularly when it is easy to sense that there is more to this than just the (misguided) events undertaken by the elders...rather like the internal Sikh-political undertones during the Behzti protest concerning Mandla and others...

Niranjana

I am not advocating attacking people ! In fact I think it was appaling that those old men attacked the people who had come to demonstrate. Self defence is not a crime unless unreasonable force is used.

Please explain the dignified manner of resolving the problem.

Bear in mind that the local sangat had asked the committee to stop the parties in the past but no one took any notice of them.

I think there is always a fringe element who do go to these protests with violence in mind. This happened in the Bezhti incident. They tarnish the reputation of not just the law abiding demonstrators but of the Sikh Quam and as such I am all for punishing them as well.

stopsingh, again for the record, I am not (a) supporting the committee members - as I have stated their actions were misguided and wrong or (B) condemning taking action against such violations of maryada - granted that the local sangat had already requested for a stop to these activities, however there are more options open before resorting to violence:

- exercising one's ability to vote and getting a better representation on the governing body

- influence the political representative in the committee through more involvement by the youth ("it is easier to to get things done when on the inside")

-boycott the entire Gurdwara from a funds perspective, i.e. if it really is a sham and money is being misused, then fine, withdraw the supply of funds (if they are about to receive additional funds from local authorities, appeal for a standstill until the above items -i.e. management are resolved). A similar case occurred in Hertfordshire, after a well-known and respected (largely for mistaken purposes) group of Amritdharis thought fit to beat up indivudals including women to control the Gurdwara, in the end, people made the effort to simply spend 30 mins to travel into the next town or into Southall rather than continue with this nonsense and the issue came to a stand still - the same can be done here, without the need to turn the Gurdwara into a spectacle for the local Press and Community as a violent instiution - particualarly in the current environment.

-if they ultimately need a face to face all out challenge, how about doing it when it is more appropriate -i.e. when little kiddies are not around, the local MPs are not in the picture to get cuaght up in the resulting melee, some respect is shown to each other's dastaars etc?

Who got charged, does anyone know ?

Charges follow temple disturbance

A 47-year-old man from Coventry has been charged in connection with a disturbance during a Diwali celebration at a Sikh temple in Leamington Spa.

Six people went to hospital with cuts and bruises following the incident at the temple on the Queensway Trading Estate on 12 November.

The man, from Stoke Heath, will appear before magistrates on Wednesday.

Police have held him since Sunday. He has been charged with wounding with intent and violent disorder.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventr...ire/4442166.stm

JS UBHI got charged.

Man in court over temple violence

A 47-year-old man from Coventry charged in connection with a disturbance during a Diwali celebration at a Sikh temple has been remanded in custody.

Six people went to hospital with cuts and bruises following the incident at the temple on the Queensway Trading Estate in Leamington Spa on Saturday.

Jasvinder Singh Ubhi, of Court House Green, will now appear before magistrates in Leamington next week.

He was charged with wounding with intent and violent disorder.

Sangat Victorious, Committee Looses Sharaab Rights

Sunday 20th November, 2005

Panthic Weekly News Bureau

Leamington Spa, Warwickshire - Today the Management Committee of Leamington & Warwick Gurdwara Sahib has been forced to pass a resolution by the Sangat, declaring the Gurdwara a meat and sharaab free zone. The Gurdwara, was the scene of violence last week as they hosted a party where meat and sharaab were served openly to “celebrate” Diwali and Gurpurb of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. The incident highlights what Guru Sahib tells us:

ਸਰਮੁ ਧਰਮੁ ਦੁਇ ਛਪਿ ਖਲੋਏ ਕੂੜੁ ਫਿਰੈ ਪਰਧਾਨੁ ਵੇ ਲਾਲੋ ॥

Sharam Dharam due chhap khaloe, kooR phirai parDhaan ve laalo.

“O Lalo! Sharam (shame and modesty) and Dharam (righteousness and religion) both have vanished, and falsehood struts around like a leader.”

(Ang 722, SGGS)

On Friday the Gurdwara was visited by representatives from Gurdwaras in Coventry including Ramgarhia Gurdwara Coventry and Guru Nanak Parkash Coventry. This was followed by a visit from Gurdwaras from around the UK and Sangat from around the country. Gurdwaras visiting included High Street Smethwick, West Bromwich, and Willenhall to mention a few.

Today at the special General Meeting the Committee had planned to change the name of the room in the Gurdwara, to ‘community centre’, allowing the consumption of alcohol, meat and intoxicants. In a bizarre twist the plan fell on top of them as the Sangat didn’t let it pass.

In fact the actual opposite passed. Gurbani says:

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਅਪਨੇ ਕਾ ਭਇਆ ਬਿਸਾਸੁ ॥ ਜੀਉ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਸਭੁ ਤਿਸ ਕੀ ਰਾਸਿ ॥

ਨਾਨਕ ਕਉ ਉਪਜੀ ਪਰਤੀਤਿ ॥ ਮਨਮੁਖ ਹਾਰ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਸਦ ਜੀਤਿ ॥4॥16॥18॥

Prabh apune kaa bheiaa bisaas. Jeeo pindd sabh tis kee raas.

Naanak ko upjee parteet. Manmukh haar, Gurmukh jeet. ||4||16||18||

“I place my faith in my Waheguru. My soul and body all belong to Him. This is the faith, which inspires Nanak: the self-willed Manmukhs will fail, while the Gurmukhs will always win. ||4||16||18||”

(Ang 867, SGGS)

No sharaab, intoxicants or meat will now be allowed to be consumed, served or promoted within the Gurdwara complex and also within two years the Gurdwara Committee will enforce a full ban on consumption of intoxicants and meat on all Gurdwara property, in particular the Tachbrook Centre hall.

The Gurdwara Committee have decided to form another Committee, which will build its own Community Centre separate and independent from the Gurdwara Sahib, and will not use any of the Gurdwara's funds.

This has been a great success for the Sikh Sangat of the UK who came together regardless of jathebandi (organisations), young and old together on one platform in ekta against anti-Gurmat practises. It is a happy day in the UK and a great victory for the Khalsa Panth, and inspiring to see how the Sangat came together as one.

The Editors can be reached at editors@panthic.org

my dad was there as he went 2 protest peacefully

when will be learn that it is only justified to pick up the sword when all other peaceful means have been resolved as sri guru gobind singh ji said

but from what i've heard from ppl dat were there they told be dat they've tried to resolve it peacefully a number of times but the idiots who run the gurdwara wouldn't listen

yes they shouldn't have done that but i can understand their fustration

but their violence hasn't achieved anything apart from making their voices heard

surely they could have done this peacefully

lol

so, who told you that "they" tried to resolve it peacefully. It wouldn't happened to have been one of the gutless wonders who went on a mindless rampage would it? Damn, ur good at listening to impartial opinions! (ps I was being sarcastic)

my dad was there when this took place.

it was not a gang of sikh youths, they were gursikhs trying to get some respect shown to sri guru granth sahib ji

there had been meat and alcohol served in the gurdwara

they'd been tryin to resolve this peacefully for weeks but they just got so fustrated

i'm not condoning them beating up the elders who run the gurdwara but surely u can understand y they lost their temper

they're obviously sikhs who would die over and over again for their guru