is this right ????????

Why not treat the guru as if he was living today?

Most of us, i assume, have a special made bed, higher than every other bed in the hosue, for the Guru.

If Guruji got cold, should we not give him a blanket?

if Guruji got hot, should there not be someone or something fanning him (putting a fan in babaji's room)

however, the other view is that of Mohinder Singh SDO....

one of his arguments for his stand against sikhi when he first broke off was that he was appaled at the number of people who do this kind of thing, in particular, putting a langar plate in front of Guruji. so he said "Why not give him a toilet?!"

Alot of it depends on your view...your choices... in my house, my mom and dad made sure they bought a bed that was small enough in widht, but tall enough in height, so that guruji was always higher than any of us all day. We also put a blanket on Guruji during the winter, just as we keep a fan in Babaji's room during the summers. We don't go to the extreme of leaving a lemonade with a straw coming out pointing to the palki :wink: hehe

but for real... personally...i think that there's a certain extent that we can and should do to make it seem as if Guruji is actually living, not only in spirit, but as he once did. I'm sorry if i did not answer the question, but i wanted to contribute to this post :D

VAHEGURU JI KA KHAALSA!!!

VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!!!

WJKK WJKF..

Good point raised there ..

SImple answer:

NO!

WHOS DA SIKh's GURU???

Atma GRANTH WICh....

SRIR PANTH WICH

THis means that

THE SOUL is in SGGSJ

and the BODY of the GUru is in the PANTH

aight

its a good point raised

and hey it DOES happen i GUrudwaras

But THAT isn't what our GUru tought

I mean

If we thought that u should put a blanket on SGGS in Winter

there it MUST be so that is that is the case SGGSJ would be able to also get a cold ..coz u have to give him a blanket.....etc.

IF U DONT give SGGSJ a blanket...what will happen? WIll it get a cold??...If I'm corrct..a SOUL CAN't GET a Cold :?

BUT NO!!!

basically we dont belive in this stuff.....

its only MANMAAT -> (A PERSON's OWN WIll..NOT GODS WILL or BASICALLY -> AGAINST GOD'S WILL)

WE DONT BELIVE IN THIS KINDA STUFF.........

I probably didn't answer this to well..but i hope u understand...

coz in other terms.... basically we dont belive in such "STUFF" (used a nice term here :P) ..

yea PPl do ...do such stuff.

but its TOTALLY AGAINST SIKHI..

ITS TEACHINGS AND PRINCIPLES

//Bhulla CHukka Maaf

WJKK WJKF

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

I'm basing my response on what I have seen/experienced over the years...

One story/sakhi that I have been told in the past (can't give sources as I was told it) was that when Guru Ji had put Adi Granth Sahib Ji together, at some point someone had left a small slip of paper in there as a bookmark... All through that night Guru Ji felt something was irritating their eye... The next day when Guru Ji checked the Granth the slip of paper was found and removed...

A good few years back while I was at a Gurmat Camp, the organisers decided to let us see Sach Khand, as it was a hot summer day there was a fan on in the room... Being a kid (about 10 then) I did not understand why the fan was on... Then one day I was told the Sakhi above and thats when it all clicked into place...

I dont see anything wrong with having a fan on if its hot, or using a extra blanket if its cold...