what is the rehat maradya of kachera?

Veer Jee,

The maryada is to never completly remove it from your body, the same thing goes for all other kakaars. By great fortune we receive these gifts and they become part of our body.

When having a bath it can't be removed from the body. Many old time rehatnamaa's have said that a sikh is never naked while bathing always has there kasheraa on the body in all circumstances.

When changing after a bath-untie the kacherra ket it slide down to your feet and remove your right hand leg out of the kachera while keeping the left leg in the kacheraa. Thie way it never really leaves the body.

Hope this helps!!!

You have to roll over twice then times 3 again, holding your breath. Recite only 29 Lines of bani, then say them backwards. Then call your Masi's son and ask him to spell your name, memorize the spelling but don't write it down otherwise you will negate everything you have done previously. Then go to the gurdwara and ask the granthi to eat langar backwards and give him 21 ladoo's. Most importantly you must do all this without farting!!! Then you have to give me 32 ladoo's for telling you the formula, but under no circumstances can you tell anyone else the formula, it is between you and me.

I have read that Baba Gurbachan Singh of Bhindrwalaa says that you must go back to the punj and have an ardaas done. Or just get 5 singhs in rehat to do ardaas for you. You may want to do an ardaas and from the Hukum you will I ma sure find your way.

Hope this helps!!!

to be honest, its all about the balance, in your daily life if you have nothing effecting you otherwise then stick to the traditions as mentioned in the reht maryada, if it breaks dont be ritualistic about it be realistic about it.

If you feel you should tell the panj then do so, if you feel toherwise fine.

Reht is a guidline to adhere to as much as possible not a do or die type dictatorship.. the most important part of reht is pyaar, whatever you do and whatever you follow do it with pyaar.

That is my humble opinion.

I know of a singh who tied a kashera onto his horse, and i know of another who removed his to prove a challenge and take the mickey out of some sadhus at the kumbh.

In truth everything is reht. and in false, nothing is reht

know of another who removed his to prove a challenge and take the mickey out of some sadhus at the kumbh.

I don't want to make it seem too graphic but singh how da flipping hell one takes mick out of some sadhus at the kumb by removing their kachera?

:LOL: :lol:

email me or pm me if you don't think it's approriate for all the sangat to know.

• 16 years later...

Gurfateh all.

I've recently taken Amrit, need some clarification. Keeping the kachera on at all time is not a problem.  It ensures that your mind doesnt wander off and reminds us to stay faithful to our wife. But surely it can be removed while you're intimate with your wife? What would be the purpose of still keeping it partially on?

3 hours ago, NewSingh said:

Gurfateh all.

I've recently taken Amrit, need some clarification. Keeping the kachera on at all time is not a problem.  It ensures that your mind doesnt wander off and reminds us to stay faithful to our wife. But surely it can be removed while you're intimate with your wife? What would be the purpose of still keeping it partially on?

What if Kakar are more than just symbolic?

What if they are more than just physical items?

Wouldn't you want to be protected, and clarified, while merging energy with your wife? Sex for Sikhs is an extension of Jaap, it's not basic humping. 

Furthermore, in the mundane world, you're ready to respond to attacks better, and the Kacheera can be incorporated as ...sexual equipment...or tied on in a way that does not impede your ...meditation.