Parnam Shaheedan Nu - 1984

Freed

"Parnam" to the Shaheeds of the 1984 Ghallughara

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh !

This post is dedicated to the Countless Men Women and Children who gave their All to protect Sri Darbar Sahib in June 1984

Parnam to all those Bahadur Singh , Singhneeyan and Bhujanghian !

"Images of tanks rolling into the hallowed environs of the golden temple in June 1984 are engraved in the minds and hearts of all Sikhs. " - Patwant Singh - The Sikhs - John Murray 1999 pg 233

tankinparkarma0de.jpg

Singhs at the Akal Takht

akalt8pw.jpg

Kirtani Jatha

kirtan5rg.jpg

Singhs performing langar sewa

sewa1pp.jpg

Bhai Amrik Singh

amrik0qc.jpg

Sant Ji

jsb35rs.jpg

jsb42iv.jpg

jsb21pl.jpg

jsb1kj.jpg

Picture of the Anand Karaj of Singh Singheean 5 May 1984 - the ardas performed by Granthi Akal Takht Pritam Singh - 4 weeks later the couples defended the Darbar Sahib

wed6qb.jpg

wed21dn.jpg

Preserved bullet holes from 1984 in the Darshani Deori

bullets843bl.jpg

*Pictures from

Des Pardes Weekly (June 1984)

'Khooni 1984' - published by Nishkam Sewak Jatha B'ham

'Khalsa Panth' - Khushwant Singh 1984

Sikhsangat.com

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Javanmard

Here you go:

By this time, the war within the Golden Temple had escalated; the tortures and killings constantly fed the sewers around the Complex. A single incident exemplifies the pattern of violence and brutality that had been established in the shrine. Bhindranwale’s main ‘hit man’, Surinder Singh Sodhi was shot dead just outside the Temple in April 1984. Sodhi had a number of important ‘kills’ to his credit, including H.S. Manchanda, the President of the Delhi Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee, Professor V.N. Tiwari, a Congress (I) MP, and Harbans Lal Khanna of the Bharatiya Janata Party. Sodhi was shot dead in broad daylight by a criminal enrolled in Bhindranwale’s own band of thugs, Surinder Singh ‘Chinda’ and a woman associate, Baljit Kaur. Baljit Kaur immediately ran to the Akal Takht and tried to justify the killing claiming that Sodhi had ‘misbehaved’ with her. But soon enough a ‘confession’ had been rung out; she admitted that she and Chinda had been paid for the killing; Gurcharan Singh, Secretary of the Akali Dal and a prominent member of the Longowal faction, and Malik Singh Bhatia, one of Bhindranwale’s own gang, were implicated. Bhatia was summoned immediately; he confessed to having provided Chinda with a vehicle to flee the site of the murder; he begged forgiveness and Bhindranwale instructed him to make an offering at the Harmandir Sahib. Bhatia, believing that he had been forgiven, prayed at the Temple and returned with prasad, which he offered Bhindranwale. After this he was permitted to leave; but as he went down the stairs, he was attacked with swords; badly injured, he began to run towards the safety of the Guru Nanak Niwas, but long before he could get there, a single shot in the back sent him hurtling, lifeless, to the marble tiled floor of the Parikrama. Vengeance had begun. Soon after, a tea stall owner outside the Temple was shot dead. Baljit Kaur was tortured brutally, her breasts cut off, and then killed, within the Akal Takht itself. Her hideously mutilated body, bundled into a gunnybag, was found more than 24 hours later on the Grand Trunk Road. Near it was a second body: her associate and lover, Chinda. The day after Sodhi’s killing, notices on the walls of the Temple boasted: "Within twenty-four hours, we have eliminated the killers and two of their accomplices." The only one to escape immediate retribution was Gurcharan Singh, who was locked into a room in the Guru Nanak Niwas, and provided an armed guard of over fifty men by the Akali Dal President. He was to die on the 6th of June, when the terrorists opened fire and hurled grenades on a group of some 350 persons, including Longowal and Tohra, who surrendered to the Army near the Guru Nanak Niwas.

http://www.satp.org/satporgtp/publication/.../falsehood4.htm

Just because I am posting this doesn't mean I am pro-army or pro-Indian Government. In my eyes the only difference between the Indian army and the terrorists was the uniform. Both killed, raped and tortured thousands of people.

Human Rights Watch has a report that shows the evils done on both sides:

N30 Singh, don’t listen to Lalleshwari. He's just blowing a lot of hot air out of his fat rear end. Sant Jarnail Singh Jee was a Puran Sant Mahpursh. They did not torture any innocent person. This is all propaganda by the Congress-Arya Samaj controlled Indian media.

Here you go:

By this time, the war within the Golden Temple had escalated; the tortures and killings constantly fed the sewers around the Complex. A single incident exemplifies the pattern of violence and brutality that had been established in the shrine. Bhindranwale’s main ‘hit man’, Surinder Singh Sodhi was shot dead just outside the Temple in April 1984. Sodhi had a number of important ‘kills’ to his credit, including H.S. Manchanda, the President of the Delhi Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee, Professor V.N. Tiwari, a Congress (I) MP, and Harbans Lal Khanna of the Bharatiya Janata Party. Sodhi was shot dead in broad daylight by a criminal enrolled in Bhindranwale’s own band of thugs, Surinder Singh ‘Chinda’ and a woman associate, Baljit Kaur. Baljit Kaur immediately ran to the Akal Takht and tried to justify the killing claiming that Sodhi had ‘misbehaved’ with her. But soon enough a ‘confession’ had been rung out; she admitted that she and Chinda had been paid for the killing; Gurcharan Singh, Secretary of the Akali Dal and a prominent member of the Longowal faction, and Malik Singh Bhatia, one of Bhindranwale’s own gang, were implicated. Bhatia was summoned immediately; he confessed to having provided Chinda with a vehicle to flee the site of the murder; he begged forgiveness and Bhindranwale instructed him to make an offering at the Harmandir Sahib. Bhatia, believing that he had been forgiven, prayed at the Temple and returned with prasad, which he offered Bhindranwale. After this he was permitted to leave; but as he went down the stairs, he was attacked with swords; badly injured, he began to run towards the safety of the Guru Nanak Niwas, but long before he could get there, a single shot in the back sent him hurtling, lifeless, to the marble tiled floor of the Parikrama. Vengeance had begun. Soon after, a tea stall owner outside the Temple was shot dead. Baljit Kaur was tortured brutally, her breasts cut off, and then killed, within the Akal Takht itself. Her hideously mutilated body, bundled into a gunnybag, was found more than 24 hours later on the Grand Trunk Road. Near it was a second body: her associate and lover, Chinda. The day after Sodhi’s killing, notices on the walls of the Temple boasted: "Within twenty-four hours, we have eliminated the killers and two of their accomplices." The only one to escape immediate retribution was Gurcharan Singh, who was locked into a room in the Guru Nanak Niwas, and provided an armed guard of over fifty men by the Akali Dal President. He was to die on the 6th of June, when the terrorists opened fire and hurled grenades on a group of some 350 persons, including Longowal and Tohra, who surrendered to the Army near the Guru Nanak Niwas.

Just because I am posting this doesn't mean I am pro-army or pro-Indian Government. In my eyes the only difference between the Indian army and the terrorists was the uniform. Both killed, raped and tortured thousands of people.

Human Rights Watch has a report that shows the evils done on both sides:

It is good to see that our friend Lalleshwari here is quoting his info from a website created and funded by KPS Gill who exterminated the Sikhs. It is no surprise to me though! As like minded people (KP Gill, Lalleshwari) seem to always think alike.

Guest Javanmard

1. If none of the Gurus lived at the Akal Takhat, then who was this guy to go there and transform it into a fortress?

2. If the power of the Panth lies, according to Neo-Sikhs, in the hands of the of the jathedar of the Akal Takhat, then why did he not listen to Giani Kirpal Singh, Jathedar of the Akal Takht of the time, when he asked him to leave the Akal Takht?

3. Why was Giani Kirpal Singh threatened?

4. Why were scholars like Madanjit Kaur threatened by Bhindranvale's men just for writing on the Udasi deras around Harimandir Sahib?

5. Why does Giani Kirpal Singh CLEARLY states in his biography of Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhindranvale (whose student he was) that it was Sant Baba Mohan Singh who was the real successor to Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhindranvale?

6. Why is it that Babbaar Khalsa fled away from the Indian Army even though they did ardas that'd they fight until death to protect the Akal Takht with Bhindranvala? And why do they use him now in their propaganda when they ran like chickens?

7. Why did this guy do this stupid last stand when he did not even fight a proper battle on open ground outside a civilian area? Why on earth did he chose to fight his only proper battle in a civlian area against the very wishes of our Gurus who always fought according the Indo-Persian code of honour of NEVER fighting in civilian areas? Was it so difficult to hide in the mountains in Himachal and fight there?

8. If it is true that the Indian army destroyed 25 percent of the Akal Takht, why did Damdami Taksal and the rest of the goons decided to destroy ALL of it?

9. If Bhindranvala was so concerned about the sanctity of the Akal Takht why did he have holes dug in its walls and why did these people do their needs inside the Akal Takht?

Questions questions questions questions....

There is no excuse for what the Indian Government has done, nor any excuse for the Delhi riots, nor any for the police atrocities in Panjab. But there is no excuse for what Bhindranwala and his crew and other groups have done.

The militants and the GOI were just like two dogs fighting and innocent Sikhs and Hindus got caught in the middle.

The real shahids are those Singhs who had nothing to do with politics who protected the innocent Sikhs and Hindus against the militants and the police. Those people who in Delhi defended themselves and their family against the blood-thirsty mob.(Sardar Moderator Singh knows of such cases).

There is no doubt that human rights have been gravely violated in India in many states. Not an ounce of a doubt. But it also true that miltant groups are equally as horrible.

Many of my friends both Hindus and Sikhs were there during the Delhi Riots. One of them was a human rights lawyer and filmed many acts of brutality. To this day he has nightmares about it. He participated with other people (Sikhs, Muslims and Hindus) in creating the documents to get those who ordered these atrocities behind bars.

Justice needs to be done. All Bhindranwale did was add injustice to already existing injustice.

What needs to be done is a deep reform, a change in paradigms. Indian politics still suffers from a colonially conditioned discourse and that needs to change. An indendent Khalistan would be at the best as bad as Panjab is now and at the worst a totalitarian regime.

No thank you!!!

Lalleshvari,

I don't have much knowledge regarding points you raised but i would like to respond to the points what i know.

1. Correct me if i m wrong but didn't baba deep singh defended harmandir sahib when ahmad shah abdali attacked harmandir sahib. Where you reckon Baba Deep Singh was? He was in premises of sri harmandir Sahib.

5. Why everything has to be soo black and white? Why can't there be two successesors of one teacher in this case- baba mohan singh ji and baba kartar singh ji, after all they were students of the same teacher- bhramgyani 108 sant baba gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale.

Take bhai dya singh samparda order for example- we had sants/jatehdars of same gyan avastha of same teacher.

under baba bir singh ji naurangabad, baba karam singh ji hoti mardan, there are multiple students and they both got same blessings and seva from their teacher, i fully acknowledge the fact two successesors cannot live in a same dera (just like how two babar sher cannot live in a same area quite naturally), that's why you will see teacher with multiple students recommend their students to spread out like a huge branch. Take - baba karam singh ji hoti mardan as for example, he had 100 bhramgyanis under his guidance, they were all successors of him equally with different designated seva, they have spread out but NOT *SPILT* like a branch in a huge tree.

Sub branch within a branch is quite alright in a order(lineage). However, when within sub branch (in this case- mehta or bhindran), over zealous chelas from both sides start claiming that we are only - sub branch of sant baba gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale, that's where the problem is. This is truely work of over zealous chelas from both sides, and is not work of a senior mahapurkh sevadars. Senior mahapurkh sevadars including sant baba mohan singh ji and sant baba kartar singh ji bhindranwale would probably have nothing but respect towards each other because they have considered/acknowledged one another sub branch of damdami taksal and didn't claim supermacy of jathedari of taksal and had tolerance between each other.

Taksal is just one example. This greedness, and over zealous chelas not restricted to taksal only but they exist in all the other big orders, samparda's. These soo called fanatic chelas of an mahapursh are sometimes very cause of downfall of any order started by our Guru Sahiban.

Please don't make everything black and white. Learn to embrace other sub branches within branch.

6. Babar Khalsa never fled away from Indian Army, they took shahediya each one of them while defending the darbar sahib when it was attacked. Were you there personally to count on how many sikh militants were there in darbar sahib and who they were associated with?. If not then, how can you claim that they ran away like chickens?.

Babar Khalsa back then prior to 1984 was controlled group who didn't kill civilians. It's true babar khalsa movement went astray after golden temple attacked. In intoxication of revenge have killed lot of innnocent hindu, sikh people whether people like to accept this fact or not.

7. Sant Bhindranwale knew what he was doing especially when General Subeg Singh Ji helped the dharam yudh morch with his expertise of stragetic defense against army. After all he was ex army general, which knew indian army inside and out.

Read about him here:

http://www.searchsikhism.com/subeg.html

8. You cannot blame damdami taksal for destroying hertiage, after it all it was done all in God Will to fix mistake that baba santa singh ji himself admitted when he got declared takhnaya of using gov't money. Which was given in form of - enemy putting salt on wounds of Sikhs.

Here you can blame on two things: lack of hertiage experts helping out taksal and timing of the suitation. Timing around that time was quite harsh.

9. Never heard of this one? Please cite your sources?

Guest Javanmard

1. Didn't Baba Deep Singh fight first of all outside Amritsar:

At the news of the approach of Singhs, the Governor of Lahore sent his general with an army of Twenty thousand to face them. His army took up positions Six miles north of Amritsar and waited for the Singhs there. Both the armies clashed near Gohalwar on the 11th November, 1757 A.D. Fighting bravely Singhs pushed the army back and reached village Chabba where General Attal Khan came forward and inflicted a blow on Baba Deep Singh ji which made his neck lean to one side. A Sikh reminded him, "You had resolved to reach the periphery of the pool."

http://www.sikh-history.com/sikhhist/warriors/deep.html

He only then made his last stand after that first battle whilst Bhindranvala invited the Indian Army to attack the Golden Temple Complex. Baba Deep Singh protected Harimandir Sahib, Bhindranwala used Akal Takht as a shield!!!

5. There is no doubt that a teacher can have many lineages coming from him. But there is always a hierarchy: Baba Mohan Singh stayed with the Bhindranvale taksal and has been declared THE successor by the head of the Akal Takht. Is his opinion not good anymore for Neo-Sikhs? I have no problem with Sant Kartar SIngh opening a branch in Chowk Mehta. The problem is that Chowk Mehta Taksal claims to be the only rightfull successor.

6. These are the observations of the army officers who at the same time noticed that Bhindranvala's men did fight with courage (I disagree with their aims and methods but at least they stood to their word). Why would Indian officers who fought against Bhindranvala still acknowledge his courage? Another lie? Don't think so. I don't like Bhindranvala but one thing is sure he might have defended perverted ideals but he at least fought for them. That one quality I have to acknowledge myself.

7. You are telling me that the presence of an ex-army officer among Bhindranvala's men is not dodgy? Did it ever struck your mind that Bhindranvale could have been nothing but a puppet for Indira to destroy the Panjabi political landscape, create insecurity and gain votes for getting rid of that insecurity? An ex-amy officer and you people don't find this strange...

8. Since when is repairing a sacred shrine a mistake? If your house gets destroyed by someone wouldn't any court ask that person to pay for the reparation? Does the money donated in the golak belong to the Indian government?

Akali Baba Santa Singh had the Akal Takht repaired to its original structure and art work. There was NO lack of heritage experts because he consulted them. DDT destroyed everything!!! and there was NO reason for it! They even destroyed the 75 percent that the Indian army had not damaged.

a. DDT occupies Akal Takht, fortifies it (holes in walls etc..) (very bad)

b. Indian army attacks and destroys 25 percent of Akal Takht.(very bad)

c. Budha Dal repairs Akal Takht. (not that bad)

d. DDT in 1986 destroy 100 percent of Akal Takht

Now let's do a chart of destruction

1. DDT wins by destroying all the Akal Takht (the heroes of Neo-Sikhs!!!)

2. Indian army is second with 25 percent (the devil for Neo-Sikhs)

3. and Budha Dal are the big losers: they repaired it!!!! (the lowest of the low for Neo-Sikhs)

Is it just me or is there something not right here....

Yes N3O I can blame DDT and in fact even the SGPC today blames Akal Takht for their "magnificent" job!!!

Regarding adding salt to the wound of the Sikhs. Is repairing the Akal Takht by the Panth's Panjvan Takht adding salt to the wounds?

Let me tell you what real salt in the wounds is.... the fake ruins under the modern Akal Takht. Since when does a community that is supposed to stay in chardi kala enjoy such cheap emotional blackmail? The real victory would have been to restore the Akal Takht as it was (what Budha Dal did) as a message to the world saying: You can't destroy me!

Instead we engage in this winging that is only worthy of slaves! Oh how we love to be victims...

The shrine of Imam Hussain in Karbala got destroyed so many times yet Shi'as rebuilt it without leaving any ruins. For what matters is the victory of God over the transient evils of society. At least 4-5 millions Shi'a died under Saddam (yes that's real systematic persecution) and their shrines got attacked and destroyed at least a god 5 times in the last 20 years. Yet everytime they repair the shrine leaving no ruins or scars. On Ashura they don't mourn their 4-5 millions killed under Saddam, they remember Imam Hussain (as). Neo-Sikhs of today remember their so-called shahids more than the real shahids of the Panth.

It's only for the anniversary of Bluestar and Baisakhi that they parade en masse. What about the real Shahids? Why can't we see a huge procession to honour the Sahibzade in London, an event that would gather all Sikhs not just pro-Khalistanis? Because Neo-Sikhs worhsip their blood and land more than they love Guru Gobind Singh's wonderful sons. And when they die they'll leave without their sacred blood and land and without the name of God... :cry:

O Mata Sahib Devan, my mother, how your heart must feel heavy... :cry:

The issues between Bhindranwales purpose or lack of it, the politics etc, are of no concern. The panth was lied to by DDT for the last 20 odd years.. nobody cares, the requests of the akali dal, that bhindranwale made his stance for, what was achieved, what did the panth get out of his last stance?

The old wall of the akaal takht which acts as a reminder, what the hell is that about.. ?? Why did Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj rewrite satguru Granth Sahib, insted of fighting for the kirtarpuri bir? There are too many questions, and to be honest what this day should be is a rememberance of the shaheedi, the meaning of shaheedi and the true purpose of shaheedi. To stand defending your beliefs. and to be honest maybe the men ontop had alternative motives, but hundreds during the 80s died as shaheeds, this includes the old man in the village fighting to defend his home, against the so called khalistani and sikh thugs, or the indian police and goverment.

The loss is not to be mourned, we are not like the jews who wish to black mail the world into excepting the killing of our people as unfortunate turn in history. The blood of our shaheeds has never been wasted on crap calls for independant states which never came into being. It was spilt for the principles of dya and dharam.

Look at the shaheedis throughout history and look at what material gains were gained!! no khalistan no nothing. The shaheedi of the char sahibzade resulted in the enpowering of the khalsa panth, and now as we argue over who was right and who was wrong, all we do is spit on the names of our great shaheeds.

They are nameless and it is their blood which gives the panth chardikala, crying over 84 isnt chardi kala, lying for 20 odd years isnt chardi kala, keeping momentos from the old akaal takht isnt chardi kala,

Nowadays alot of people cry out about Baba santa singh taking money from the government, I would just like to remind those people that in the sikh diaspora, mainy of those who support khalistan have built their gurdwaras and run camps etc, claiming money and grants from their respective goverments.

I must however after having my little rant.. express the importance for fighting for human rights which is a positive bi product of these 84 rememberance acts.

By the grace of akaal purakh may I forever show my gratitiude and respect to the Shaheeds throughout history who have upheald dharam.. whatever their religion whatever their race. And may I never insult their kurbani by claiming they are still alive and in hiding !!!

note to all who read this.. this is my own personal rant and opinion. I must also express I have an obvious bias towards the Nihangs and regard the acts of baba Santa singh as the best thing to have done. I respect their are alternative views and opinions, and I hope they can be discussed without people causing to much offense to one another.

Parnam Shaheedan Nu..

Guest Javanmard

I have given a reply on Muslim sources and Sarabloh Guru Granth Sahib in one on the "Rename Panjab to Khalistan" thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Interesting.

Problem is the panth in India is DEAD and its only going to be saved from the outside.

It is, perhaps, due to absence of a MahanPursh BrahmGiani like Santji.

His close friend and fellow student during Sant Kartar Singh ji's time, Gyani Takhur Singh(Patialawale), confirms that Sant Jarnail Singh was a Brahmgyani, not only that, but a Brahmgyani of the 8th level... (highest level I believe). Mata Sahib Kaur gave Santji darshan at Hazoor sahib and showed him all that was to happen.

If you don't believe in this, that's your prerogative.

I recommend you read the Gallant Defender by AR Darshi. It very clearly and concisely gives the story leading up to and after 1984, including the Jathedar of the Akal Takhts role. Please don't rely on lies written by mass murderer KP Gill who brutalised Sikhs.