Your help in india

Kam1825

i am planning on going to india this christmas for the first time since 1996. i need to go to take my daughters ashes to india but after that i want to go and meet many mahapursh as possible.

this goes fro udhasis, nirmalas, nihangs and sevapanthis. can anyone reccomend any places to go so that one i can meet them and secondly i can get media from them such as tapes so i can put them on the net when i come back.

if anyone can recommend someone can they let me know where their respected dera's are.

thanks

Hoti Mardan dera in Maksudpur, if you do go maksudpur and visit baba roshan singh ji hoti mardan wale, please remember to ask to take a picture of saroop of baba karam singh ji maharaj hoti mardan wale, i m getting conflicting reports that such picture of baba karam singh ji exist in miltary uniform.

Guest SAdmin

There is Nirmala Dera in Haryana state of India. If you get a chance please visit them and take pictures along with Jammu Dera of Negali Sahib. There are no pictures or information available online for these two Deras.

I am definately going to ratwara sahib as they have nirmala sants there. I will see Baba harpal Singh Ji along with the students of Swami Ram Ji.

I will see Baba Roshan Singh Ji. I have alot of their tapes and videos. when i get time i will put them on the net.

I am going to stay with Baba Sarbjot Singh Ji Bedi hopefully will get lots of their tapes along with those of their father baba madhsudan singh ji. Also from here im hoping to stay with the students of baba ishwar das udasi who were very close to baba sarbjot singh ji.

I am going to patiala to stay with giani thakur singh ji of taksal as they are busy recording the full Sri Guru Granth Sahib Katha. Also i have heard that the nihangs live close by. Does anyone know where in Patiala? Also from the book Nirmal Sampardai it states that Pundit Sucha Singhs Akhara is close by. Does anyone know where so that i could visit them.

Tirath i want to go to some Sevapanthi Deras and visit Mahant Tirath Singh Ji, Sant Makhan Singh Ji Sato Gali Walae and Mahant Nischal Singh Ji. Any ideas where i could find them.

Keep the ideas coming

Pandit 'Sucha Singh's Akhara' in Patiala, that must be out of date info referring to the previous Sri Mahant of panchayati akhara. Its very famous, and is the original akhara set up for the Nirmal Panchayati Akhara by the maharaj of Patiala. Its called Dharam Dhuja. The present mahant is Mahant Hari Singh, a friendly saadh. The Budha Dal Gurdwara and factory is just down the road. Again rikshaw wale will know both. Baba Ishwar Das Udasi's ashram is in Gopal Nagar and Mahant Shantanand Ji is the very very learned new mahant. He speaks good english too but is always busy. Mahant Tirath Singh is in Tikana Bhai Jagta Ji in Goniana Mandi just before you get to Bhatinda sher on the bus from Amritsar. Sant Makhan Singh runs Dera Satowali Gali which is a rikshaw ride away from Darbar Sahib and is really famous. IMHO the real succesor to Mahant Kripal Singh Ji in terms of learning and maryada is Sant Gyani Surjit Singh Ji. His granths are incredible. His dera is at Shaheed Udham Singh Nagar (I think) and is a traditional taksal which follows the Satowali Gali curriculum more closely/traditionally. The list of Sants and Mahants who have studied with him is quite astounding.