Disgusting - Jasveer Singh uncle BEATEN UP BY "KESRI TU

Disgusting

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=19723

25 "So called" Singh in orange turbans, beat up the Panjab Radio Old presenter who's on there side and more than a "panthic" person.

I just called the radio, his a a broken leg and injured in Hayes hospital.

who was it?

Wonder why the youth aren't following sikhi for when the ones that are doing this, HURT AND DISGUSTED !

PANJAB RADIO RECEPTION: 020 8848 8877

As i said in the previous topic:

I don't know this person, I m in canada but beating one singh in the gurdwara by other 25 so called singhs is just disguisting and is fully out of order.

In BC, Canada we have indian gangs who are on to each other's cases, but to see amritdhari gang full of fanatics going on loose in UK is quite suprising.

One sad reality sikh youths today = fanatics/katarpanthi/fussar panthis/sharia panthis/over parnoid fools.

someone can add more to the list.

Bloody hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ there was a guest on the radio show who said that Baba Deep Singh did not fight with their head in their hand. So these fussars decided to beat up an old man rather then confront the guy who made the statement.

Niddar Singh asked for the following to be made public:

he does not believe that Baba Deep Singh fought with their head on their hand, therefore could the fussars please try to jump him? Or are they only comfortable fighting old men?

ok let me get this stright niddar singh was the guest on punjab radio and said that comment about baba deep singh ji.

i was told that it was congress sikhs who beat up jasvir singh, and i have also been told some sant i think dhandria wale his sevaks done him over, but i have seen the documentary which was made by des pardes tv channel in canada i mean the guy is taking advantage of people and i think he had an interview with him and talk about people mata teeking him

^ erm...no.

he heard about what happened so asked for his opinion to be made public. If these guys think they are doing seva by beating up an old man who interviewed some1 else who did share their viewpoint, then why not face him? He also does not share the viewpoint of the fanatics therefore should they not do "panthic seva" and approach him?

Guest SAdmin

I believe that beating someone in this situation was simply not acceptable if this was the case of comments about historical events. They should have confronted person with historical references and had one-on-one debate to prove their side of arguments. Sikh history has been re-written and there is no doubt about it so challenges should be accepted and refuted in scholarly method.

• 2 weeks later...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

I didnt find anything wrong in it, people need to be taught a lesson and especially those who say wrong about Sants and Sikh maryada.

Im sure our Guru Ji taught us to stand up for there Sikhi and im sure thats what they did.

Our Guru Ji's gave up everything for there Sikhi to fight for whats right but everytime i listened to Punjab Radio, nothing on there was ever said right!! Everything was anti-sikhi....I think he was making his own version of Sikhi, which im sure isnt his job as a radio presenter.

Gur Fateh!!!

A number of points bhenji.

I am surprised that you find it acceptable for a group of young Sikhs to physically assault an elderly sardar ji so seriously that he is put in hospital (it seems to me that nowadays traditional values such as respect have gone out the window).

A question. If you find such an act morally acceptable, would you have felt the same if the same men attacked an elderly woman (say 'Jasveer Kaur') because of her views? Would you be happy with that being a 'lesson' too? What about a young teenager who had said the same, based on his own opinions (that he probably read on some forum, hehe)? So what are the differences between the examples for you?

I reckon your reponse will demonstrate that there are two things going on here. With regard to his opinions, people in a democracy are entitled to whatever opinions they like as long as they do not invoke some form of sentiments that would entice physical violence. If someone says something offensive to me I either a) walk away having gauged that they're not going to listen to why that opinion is offensive B) argue with them to put the other side with clarity and to remove any misperceptions.

If someone spouts Kala Afghana rhetoric, surely you have the intelligence and learning to be able to spout back the alternative rhetoric. If you cannot 'teaching him' with violence is about as dumb as it gets. Really. Thats the kind of response they try to discipline out of kids in primary school ('he said my dads rubbish so i hit him').

Your defense that the Gurus gave everything up for Sikhi. No they gave everything up for Paratma and for truth. A Sikh tries to emulate that truthfulness and focus on God and as Guru Arjun Dev says, a brahmgyani reponds to praise and slander equally. I repeat, a brahmgyani reponds to praise and slander EQUALLY. Are you seriously trying to demean Guru Gobind Singh's efforts to being a matter of teaching the local hill rajas 'a lesson'? That really is anti-sikh!

Just for the record, I spend a lot of time among the sant mandali in Punjab as a sevak, in case you were going to play the Kala Afghana/RSS card on me, hehe.

Broadening this, I don't really think that these young hotheads actually realise what a total own goal all these recent events have been. the last year has seen three major events in which there has been a suggestion of a rise in 'Sikh fanaticism' whether that be a myth or not. The Rep incident, followed by the R4SGG campaign through to this. I personally agree with the R4GG campaign, but all three have demonstrated the heavy ignorance of the youth to the political context in the UK right now. Only a few months ago Parlimentarians were deliberating on bringing in the religious discrimination bill. In reality this is designed to cover the loop hole in british law for islamaphobia such as that of the BNP. Its implications however were on freedom of speech. Comedians, writers, authors all chipped in stating that this legislation was an afront to the principle of demoncracy. Events like these were used as ammunition in this political wrangling. I heard on radio programmes the siting of the Rep incident as reasons why this legislation should not go through. For the younger members of the sangat to expect the wider British society to sympathetic to their cause is incredibly naive, even completely ignorant. We live in an increasingly atheistic protestant Christian country, with ever since Henry the 8th the separation of religion and politics, presently being conditioned into the neo-conservative politics of the US of fear and terrorist threat and of religious extremism. And then for young men with beards, and GOD FORBID daggers smashing their way into a respectable theatre in Birmingham on TV Oh my God, darling, look!!! Such actions feed directly into that whole mindset. And it is this mindset that you see on the streets with the 'binladen' and 'taliban' comments of a few years ago.

A long post, but in conclusion; if any sangat think that it using violent protest on issues of freedom of speech is legitimate in the UK, they will always lose. Always. That is the reality.

dats bad inni'!!!!!

dese singhs got togeva and sai' "ya maan, kick dis rass clatt doown. He b-in anti panthic ya know"...den dey boxed him down...1 for da panth..scene!~

yo, big up to my bad bwoy singh posse for being true soldjaz!!!!

ps. did dey do dat maddddd Gatka or ruff'im up wid da shasta'vidya styleee???

tsingh great post, i agree we should be more tolerant. Acts of agression are uncalled for we should learn to control our anger and egoo's. the views of some people will not change or influence us as we are strong minded people. every one is titled to her own view. drawrof can you please make your point more clear i have trouble reading and making sense. no disrespect tended

today i had the unfortunate task of identifying all of the people arrested for this.

Could not belive it, persons responsible were gurdwara commitee members from Leicester, Wolverhampton and Nottingham. Alot of Sikh Students as well from the Sikh Societies, main lot for this assault were from Leicester

Not good!

TrueSouluk,

I was being sattirical and making fun of those elements of our youth who think that sikhi is an extension of the hip hop culture (mind you, some intelligent folk can probably provide some sort of intelligent rationale,)and I am just poking fun at that......

simply, a debate or some organized venue for discussion would have been ideal