Sant Harnam Singh Ji Bhindrawalae in the UK

Kam1825

i think you guys are a little confused on what "traditional" taksaal really did.

Just look at Sant Gyanee Gurbachan Singh Jee's tenure as jathedar. Not only did they do MASSIVe prachar but were also very involved inthe politics of the panth. Unlke Dhumma however, the past jathedars were not stooges or puppets. They came out and spoke the truth, regardless of what anyone thought about it.

If Dhuma is speaking up against Ashutosh, then I commend him for that, as I also do for him standing up against this Gulshan guy that SGPC wants to make head granth of harmandir sahib. However, that does not mean that his other political mis-haps should just be forgotten.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you guys are a little confused on what "traditional" taksaal really did.

Just look at Sant Gyanee Gurbachan Singh Jee's tenure as jathedar. Not only did they do MASSIVe prachar but were also very involved inthe politics of the panth. Unlke Dhumma however, the past jathedars were not stooges or puppets. They came out and spoke the truth, regardless of what anyone thought about it.

If Dhuma is speaking up against Ashutosh, then I commend him for that, as I also do for him standing up against this Gulshan guy that SGPC wants to make head granth of harmandir sahib. However, that does not mean that his other political mis-haps should just be forgotten.

Followed by Gurpreet Singh post which does not seem throw much light on traditional taksal but just a little.

Can anyone here please give sangat detail list of differences(in terms of bhram vidya, maryada, oral & spiritual traditions etc) between traditional taksal[boparaie bhindran](jathedar- sant gyani gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale) and mehta taksal(jathedar - sant kartar singh ji - sant jarnail singh ji bhindranwale- sant baba thakur singh ji)?

really curious about this?

it just a question infront of sangat? not throwing any insults nor i m accusing mehta that mehta is fake taksal.. it just a genuine question as people claimed they have differences, i want them to list the differences instead of just "claiming" ..also since i don't have enough resources to draw my own conculstion i m asking infront of cyber sangat.

bhul chuk maph

Can anyone here please give sangat detail list of differences(in terms of bhram vidya, maryada, oral & spiritual traditions etc) between traditional taksal[boparaie bhindran](jathedar- sant gyani gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale) and mehta taksal(jathedar - sant kartar singh ji - sant jarnail singh ji bhindranwale- sant baba thakur singh ji)?

It wasn't the 'traditional' bit I thought was important, but the 'getting back' by which I mean that there has always been that more traditional Sikhi side to Taksal, it just seems more effort is being put into prachaar and putting on a very public united front in Punjab with Sant Samaj and therefore samprdayas. Sant Gurbachan Singh ji's steeks are replete with samprdaya style references, granths such as Mukti Marg, Pandit Tara Singh Narotam, puratan vidya, vedantic perspective, etc within. As everyone knows this is the stay of the samprdayas. Affirming their links with the other Baba Bir Singh Naurangbad descending Nirmala upsamprdayas (Herkhowal, Rarewale, Hoti Mardan, etc). As is shown in a few older books there are two parampras for Taksal, one is the one people hold to in the UK via Baba Deep Singh, the other is the Baba Bishan Singh Muralewale one via Pandit Tara Singh Narotam that Nirmalay hold to.

Therefore it was reassuring to see Baba Harnam Singh being given jathedari by the likes of Sarabjot Singh Bedi and Sant Jagjit Singh Herkhowal. The very fact that a group of Taksalis left out of disgust at this 'distorted maryada' being implemented implies that certain things have been undiscussed over the last couple of decades. This is what I meant by 'getting back'.

One other thing I forgot to mention. Since its common knowledge, in terms of havans, as stated before Taksal have always had close links with samprda types like Herkhowalay Sants and in the case of the latter they openly advise families to perform havans as is reported in Baba Jagjit Singh's autobiography. A freind of mine was saying the same, that when Baba ji came over in the early 80s he personally advised and assisted his family in performing a havan. Like i said, I look forward to the wake up call of Baba Harnam Singh Ji in the UK speaking to the youth!

vaheguru

The very fact that a group of Taksalis left out of disgust at this 'distorted maryada' being implemented implies that certain things have been undiscussed over the last couple of decades. This is what I meant by 'getting back'.

the Singhs dnt leave becus of the havans, they left becus bhai harnam singh went against the bachan of Sant Ji and Baba ji. the Taksaal is of the old nothing about going back. ppl r waitong for bhai harnam singh to come to the uk :) dnt worry baba ji bachan is more important than a want to be jathadar. time will prove it right, plus ask baba jagjit singh ji if he supports baba jis bachan :)

thanks

akaaal

SSJhamka Ji,

Although that may have been the reason, the papers all quoted those who left leaving because of the maryada they saw being put in place at Mehta Chowk. Maybe it was political posturing I don't know.

Of the Taksalis I know they have commented on the seeming move of Baba Harnam Singh away from politics to prachaar, I think that is very clear in the jathedari event in which mainly the sant mandali and sant samaj gave jathedari to Baba Harnam Singh, while the politicians largely seemed to be supporting Baba Ram Singh.

As you say, time will tell!

Vijaydeep, I am however equally disappointed by his stance on women, and you probably saw this week in the papers that one of the reasons he gave for one of those three gyanis not being selected was that the Gyani had allowed women to be part of the panj pyare.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Having returned from our shahi ishanaan at the Ardh Kumbh (anand!), I was updated further on the move back towards 'traditional' Taksali mindset. I was informed that when Sant Baba Harnam Singh Ji came and took darshan of Sri Mahant Gyan Dev Singh Ji Vedantacharya he did full dandot bandan. Maybe this is his normal practice, but it was certainly noted. I am impressed by his efforts to affirm those traditional bonds with Udasis and Nirmalay.

please do explain what dandot bandan is for us idiots who dont know what it is,

thanks in advance

dandot bandan : full namaskar, full lie down on the floor with your face downwards on ishatdev (sri guru granth sahib ji) or your gurdev charan.

• 3 years later...