Who can better explain religion??

Who can better explain religion- the insider or the outsider?  

4 members have voted

1. 1.

• Abit of both
    • Insider
    • Outsider
    • None of them, its your own love and devotion

• 3 weeks later...

I think N30 S!NGH is saying the insider can better explain it, since he is using esoteric terminology, such as atamgyani/bhramgyani, assuming there is an atma and there is bhram. Religion for him, revolves around these 'understandings' which have been passed down by the gnostics of the past.

warrIor_eSSence... Is N30's quote very true? If so will everyone elses perspective be untrue? If not then can there be more than one truth? If so then what is truth?

I know who you are warrIor_essence, and I know u now know who I am, and we all know each other so lets spin in a circle and be merry.

Oooo look i can see a rainbow out of my window, and some sheep.

lolll i'm only messing around in this post, and being aukha on purpose. Im messing up your post hahahaha im SO bored

rabb raakha

Vayuputra its not who you think it is!... :wink:

But anyway, I suspose my view is somewhat along the same vein as yours...

Can anyone 'better explain religion'? I think to some extent, people will have their own interpretation of what the question is asking too. Who can better explain what religion is, in terms of its phenomenon (if it is one), or who can better explain religion in terms of its characteristics- ie belief, ritual?

I suppose it is according to ones own intellect, understanding and experience, whether insider or outsider that will 'better explain religion'. Could a 'better explanation' mean clarity and precision? Then is it not an outsider who can be more precise of 'religion', since it is an anthropological, not theological term, created by westerners to make sense of insiders.

In essence I would assume that both work toghether in better explaining religion, as both sides can air their views, on different ways of life and so on- Thus maybe there is no 'better explanation' of religion, as all explanations instead count towards 'better understanding'.

However, I think the question will remain something of a question mark, and answers will differ according to what one understands 'religion' to be and so on.... Its about the interpretation of terms too...

In essence all religions of the world are the same, that is, to bring Gods blessings to all and not just a few. We are in God, and God is in us. We are his children, we are brethren. We must denounce violence both in thoguht and in action, and live in perfect harmony. That is the way to ultimate salvation; the others lead to doom and destruction

the insider is inside the outside and the outsider is outside the inside and inside is out and outside is in and all is governed by hukam.. and the only one who can explain religion is the one who understands hukam.. and hukam... only god knows.. and as god is both inside and outside.. personal.. and unpersonal... what the hell am i on about.. !!

depends how you define religion, :D

the insider is inside the outside and the outsider is outside the inside and inside is out and outside is in and all is governed by hukam.. and the only one who can explain religion is the one who understands hukam.. and hukam... only god knows.. and as god is both inside and outside.. personal.. and unpersonal... what the hell am i on about.. !!

depends how you define religion, :D

Haha nice one, usually I wait for somone to answer just so that I can play 'devil's advocate', but you mentioning 'hukam' made me go weak in the knees.. haha. Contentment in life boils down to acceptance of hukam... Now it depends on how you understand or define hukam. Which is also hukam....yay!!

Now I'm talking about contentment in life, not religion/sikhISM, before you get all emotional 'Awarenss'. :wink:

Religion is a way of life which one chooses to live. Religion abides in every soul its like the innermost nature of everything that exists. it is the yearning of man to be perfect, even without knowing it we are all moving towards that perfection

religion is to realize that we are nothing but his Naam. religion is to realize that we are nothing but HE. The many different religions teach us the same thing, the same message.

But to most of us religion has become more of a social symbol, an egotistical issue where we have a name to identify ourselves

"bucket-head", tu sharabi sharabi. You know sufi bande have alot of pyar for you. Teach me something sometime.

So "Jamdhoot", answer the question... Who can better explain religion?... voice an opinion on that... LOL

"Jamdhoot", I think Mr. Suicide Bomber and Mrs. Evangelist Converter will disagree with your definition of religion. Would be nice if the ‘West’ agreed to change the meaning of a word they themselves created to mean “realisation of His Naamâ€. Nice :D

• 2 weeks later...