Anand Karaj (Sikh Marriage) Translation

Here are four lavas(Anand Karaj) verses from

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/PageASP.asp?P...=773&SourceID=G

(You might have to install gurumukhi fonts in order to view gurumukhi letters in that site) its from panna (773(Middle)-774))

also look at http://www.geocities.com/harmesh6725/ankaraj.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------

har pehilurree laav puraviruthee kurum dhrirraaeiaa bal raam jeeo ||

In the first round of the marriage ceremony, the Lord sets out His Instructions for performing the daily duties of married life.

baanee brehumaa vaedh dhhurum dhrirruhu paap thujaaeiaa bal raam jeeo ||

Instead of the hymns of the Vedas to Brahma, embrace the righteous conduct of Dharma, and renounce sinful actions.

dhhurum dhrirruhu har naam dhhiaavuhu simrith naam dhrirraaeiaa ||

Meditate on the Lord's Name; embrace and enshrine the contemplative remembrance of the Naam.

sathigur gur pooraa aaraadhhuhu sabh kilavikh paap guvaaeiaa ||

Worship and adore the Guru, the Perfect True Guru, and all your sins shall be dispelled.

sehuj anu(n)dh hoaa vuddubhaagee man har har meet(h)aa laaeiaa ||

By great good fortune, celestial bliss is attained, and the Lord, Har, Har, seems sweet to the mind.

jun kehai naanuk laav pehilee aaru(n)bh kaaj ruchaaeiaa ||1||

Servant Nanak proclaims that, in this, the first round of the marriage ceremony, the marriage ceremony has begun. ||1||

har dhoojurree laav sathigur purukh milaaeiaa bal raam jeeo ||

In the second round of the marriage ceremony, the Lord leads you to meet the True Guru, the Primal Being.

nirubho bhai mun hoe houmai mail guvaaeiaa bal raam jeeo ||

With the Fear of God, the Fearless Lord in the mind, the filth of egotism is eradicated.

nirumul bho paaeiaa har gun gaaeiaa har vaekhai raam hudhoorae ||

In the Fear of God, the Immaculate Lord, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, and behold the Lord's Presence before you.

har aathum raam pusaariaa suaamee surub rehiaa bhurupoorae ||

The Lord, the Supreme Soul, is the Lord and Master of the Universe; He is pervading and permeating everywhere, fully filling all spaces.

a(n)thar baahar har prubh eaeko mil har jun mu(n)gul gaaeae ||

Deep within, and outside as well, there is only the One Lord God. Meeting together, the humble servants of the Lord sing the songs of joy.

jun naanuk dhoojee laav chulaaee anehudh subudh vujaaeae ||2||

Servant Nanak proclaims that, in this, the second round of the marriage ceremony, the unstruck sound current of the Shabad resounds. ||2||

har theejurree laav man chaao bhaeiaa bairaageeaa bal raam jeeo ||

In the third round of the marriage ceremony, the mind is filled with Divine Love.

su(n)th junaa har mael har paaeiaa vuddubhaageeaa bal raam jeeo ||

Meeting with the humble Saints of the Lord, I have found the Lord, by great good fortune.

nirumul har paaeiaa har gun gaaeiaa mukh bolee har baanee ||

I have found the Immaculate Lord, and I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. I speak the Word of the Lord's Bani.

su(n)th junaa vuddubhaagee paaeiaa har kuthheeai akuthh kehaanee ||

By great good fortune, I have found the humble Saints, and I speak the Unspoken Speech of the Lord.

hirudhai har har har dhhun oupujee har jupeeai musuthak bhaag jeeo ||

The Name of the Lord, Har, Har, Har, vibrates and resounds within my heart; meditating on the Lord, I have realized the destiny inscribed upon my forehead.

jun naanuk bolae theejee laavai har oupujai man bairaag jeeo ||3||

Servant Nanak proclaims that, in this, the third round of the marriage ceremony, the mind is filled with Divine Love for the Lord. ||3||

har chouthhurree laav man sehuj bhaeiaa har paaeiaa bal raam jeeo ||

In the fourth round of the marriage ceremony, my mind has become peaceful; I have found the Lord.

gurumukh miliaa subhaae har man than meet(h)aa laaeiaa bal raam jeeo ||

As Gurmukh, I have met Him, with intuitive ease; the Lord seems so sweet to my mind and body.

har meet(h)aa laaeiaa maerae prubh bhaaeiaa anadhin har liv laaee ||

The Lord seems so sweet; I am pleasing to my God. Night and day, I lovingly focus my consciousness on the Lord.

mun chi(n)dhiaa ful paaeiaa suaamee har naam vujee vaadhhaaee ||

I have obtained my Lord and Master, the fruit of my mind's desires. The Lord's Name resounds and resonates.

har prabh t(h)aakur kaaj ruchaaeiaa dhhun hirudhai naam vigaasee ||

The Lord God, my Lord and Master, blends with His bride, and her heart blossoms forth in the Naam.

jun naanuk bolae chouthhee laavai har paaeiaa prubh avinaasee ||4||2||

Servant Nanak proclaims that, in this, the fourth round of the marriage ceremony, we have found the Eternal Lord God. ||4||2||

• 1 month later...