Nihangs and Nirmalas

tSingh

fateh to all

Tsingh

I bow to your knowledge. Thnak you for having mercy on this chatanga and submitting a reply. Those were realy long posts and i thought it was a cut and paste job . I really want thank you for having the patience to sit and type such long posts. I will try and read about Nirmala more. Baba Joginder Singh gave us darshan at our gurdwara last year. first time ive ever seen a nirmala. Unfortunatley because of my reponsibilites at gurdwara i had to leave deevan, just as he was coming to origins of nirmala. I wish so muchthat i could have stayed and listened. but he did not wear the 5 k's. at least not kirpan and kara. he wore the orange robes like a sadhu wears.

forgive this chatanga

victory to the panth

you missed ctrl + a first Dynamic Banda. hehe. There are no 'shortcuts' in the game of love.

Gurfateh Chatanga,

There'll be no cyber bowing on this forum thank you. I don't know Baba Joginder Singh Ji. Which dera's he from? Yes, most Nirmalay wear bhaagva although I've recently met one mahant who wears a suit...because he's the assistant manager of a bank! Work that one out!

all the best with the learning.

I have also met a nirmala who looks like a jewellery exporter...the trenchcoat, frog eyes, fish lips....but you have to honor his composure

Chatanga,

I also feel it is normal and second nature with the dynamics of society to categorize people according to dress. It happens to all of us, all the time.

It is also natural to assume circumstances and/or doctrine affects one's dress. What "I" feel guru sahib is saying is that we are to rise above the external...realize the internal and then go with that therein. This in turn would mean there would be very distinct and not so distinct people doing different things. Look at the variety of people and their diversity in guruji's darbar. In essence, clothing does not make or break a person..what the clothes represent does, at times, tell alot. my honest and humble opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

"Their origins lie with the five Sikhs, Ganda Singh, Karm Singh, Sena Singh, Vir Singh and Ram Singh whom Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh sent from Paunta Sahib to Benares to learn Sanskrit in 1688. "

wwww.sarbloh.something

Has anyone noticed that in 1688 Khalsa Panth wasnt created yet all the five Sikhs have Singh in thier name? Can any Gurmukh plz explain

victory to the Panth

chatanga