That day in 1699...

10 minutes ago, paapiman said:

If you say, that guru sahib took them in a tent and fooled the sangat that it was human blood on his sword, then you are accusing Guru sahib of lying to the sangat and doing something different from what he said. (sorry I said accusing, used the wrong word; I mean the implication of this saakhi)

@Trimandeep Singh

When Sri Satguru jee (Tenth Master) said that they need a "head", he might have said it metaphorically.

Like when Daas says that a person has to give his "head" to Panj Pyare to get Khande da Amrit, that does not mean that you have to behead yourself and present your head to the Panj Pyare. It means that you have to abandon your ego and pride, within your mind.

Bhul chuk maaf

11 minutes ago, paapiman said:

But for Guru sahib, it didn't mean that Bhai Lehna passed the test. Bhai Lehna passed the test only when he actually started eating the corpse from the feet.

Didn't the corpse turn into Karah Prashad, when the sheet from the dead body was lifted?

Bhul chuk maaf

5 hours ago, paapiman said:

@Trimandeep Singh

When Sri Satguru jee (Tenth Master) said that they need a "head", he might have said it metaphorically.

Like when Daas says that a person has to give his "head" to Panj Pyare to get Khande da Amrit, that does not mean that you have to behead yourself and present your head to the Panj Pyare. It means that you have to abandon your ego and pride, within your mind.

Bhul chuk maaf

While that metaphor may be true, and often is used that way, the effect this had on the Sangat initially, makes it clear people saw, or thought they saw, heads rolling. 

7 hours ago, paapiman said:

First of all, it is evident from history that whenever Guru Sahib takes a test, the person is successful only when he actually does it. Eg: when Guru Nanak Dev Ji tested his gursikhs (Baba Budhaa Ji, Bhai Bhagirathi Ji, Bhai Lehna Ji), when he asked them to eat the corpse, it was only Bhai Lehna who came forward. But for Guru sahib, it didn't mean that Bhai Lehna passed the test. Bhai Lehna passed the test only when he actually started eating the corpse from the feet.

Similarly, when guru sahib asked the sangat to give their head, he actually cut off their heads in front of the whole sangat.

Do you agree with this @paapiman?

Trimandeep Singh 

I think Bhai Jaita Singh's work mentions the jhatkaing of goats in the first Amritsanchar? I can't find my copy to check though? 

2 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Sant ji hit the nail on the head! Noone can speak boldly like him. And the reasons he has given for not believing Jhatka stories are absolutely correct. 

Someone who says something and does something else can never be a true sant, and here we are talking about Nirankaar himself. 

Dhan Guru ke Sikh!

Trimandeep Singh