kookay

There r no khalistani fanatics with any following or prominence in Thailand from what I've heard. Can someone confirm this? From what I've seen and heard they are all influenced by the 'pacifist' Budhist culture that teaches all true religions preach good karma.... the pacifists! They just want to live in peace don't they?!

The level of preference on useage of diplomacy and tolerance over 'human-rights approach' differs in every community.

Taking KL, Malaysia for example. Just in KL there are 18 Gurudwaras. Out of these 18, only 1 gurdwara offers unlimited stay to Raagis. Although the Raagi Jathas do have programmes in other Gurdwaras, the Titiwangsa Gurdwara committee never turns them down.

Not only do these raagi jathas enjoy a 24 hour air-conditioning environment, they also can make their own food in their separate quarters with full facilities. Naturally, some of the raagis have to share rooms like Sardine Packs. This Gurdwara is run by the Cloth Merchant Sikhs (Arora) just like in Thailand.

But where the other 17 gurdwaras, (Non-Aurora) are concerned, tolerance levels are low and the unwelcoming and suspicious atmosphere alineates one to uncomfortable levels.

Why I sing praises of the Gurdwara Titiwangsa is also because it is the only Gurdwara in KL that allows mixed marraiges, allows Arthi Rites for the Sindhi community, and have Hindu/Sikh joint families as committee members.